• Advertisement

Henry Danger

Steel Sponge

Coming in to replace Sam & Cat, this is Dan Schneider's next offical show, coming out this month and with a fresh cast to boot.  

This is pretty much news that just came in, while I'll just say that I'm probably going to pass on this though. Anyways, discuss this upcoming series.

I'm incredibly, massively disappointed in Dan. This kind of show isn't even his type. I cannot believe he went from shows like Drake and Josh and iCarly to THIS. I will watch Henry Danger's premiere to see if it carries any kind of Dan's signature styles, so to speak, but I have extremely low expectations.

• Like 1

I'm incredibly, massively disappointed in Dan. This kind of show isn't even his type. I cannot believe he went from shows like Drake and Josh and iCarly to THIS. I will watch Henry Danger's premiere to see if it carries any kind of Dan's signature styles, so to speak, but I have extremely low expectations.

Would you mind enlightening the rest of us who don't know what this show is about?

Would you mind enlightening the rest of us who don't know what this show is about?

Here's the plot:

"Henry Danger follows the life of a 13-year-old Henry (Jace Norman) who lands a part-time job as Danger Boy, a sidekick in training to super crime fighter Captain Man (Cooper Barnes). Their colorful adventures throw Henry’s otherwise ordinary life absurdly out of balance, yet he must keep his new job a secret from his best friends Charlotte (Riele Downs) and Jasper (Sean Ryan Fox) and family."

.....So yeah, I hope you guys can see now why I'm so disappointed.

Here's the plot:

"Henry Danger follows the life of a 13-year-old Henry (Jace Norman) who lands a part-time job as Danger Boy, a sidekick in training to super crime fighter Captain Man (Cooper Barnes). Their colorful adventures throw Henry’s otherwise ordinary life absurdly out of balance, yet he must keep his new job a secret from his best friends Charlotte (Riele Downs) and Jasper (Sean Ryan Fox) and family."

.....So yeah, I hope you guys can see now why I'm so disappointed.

I don't think I can see that at all, since I love sidekick/superhero stuff.

I don't know about anyone else, but after iCarly and Sam & Cat, I think if Dan Schneider wants to stray as far away from his "style" as possible then more power to him.

Don't forget about Victorious. We got a lot of Dan over the past few years. I'm totally up for this change of pace.

I'm interested in just checking this out. It'll be interesting see Dan working with a totally new cast of characters. Though the premise seems a bit weird for his kind of stuff, I do enjoy superhero genres, so I'll give it a try.

It's like wtf, though. Why would Dan choose to go the kiddy-route when he's capable of writing for a broad range of audiences. Just can't wrap my head around that.

It's like wtf, though. Why would Dan choose to go the kiddy-route when he's capable of writing for a broad range of audiences. Just can't wrap my head around that.

You really don't think Nickelodeon had anything to do with that decision?

You really don't think Nickelodeon had anything to do with that decision?

Idk possibly, but either way, it's still a waste of Dan's talent.

Idk possibly, but either way, it's still a waste of Dan's talent.

Eh, I think he's running low on talent. Just because he can consistently get work at the same network doesn't mean he's talented, it just means he knows his audience. Same with Chuck Lorre and Seth MacFarlane. I don't know anyone who'd call them talented, but they have a distinct style and it works because they know exactly who they're aiming for. This is different enough that he won't be stuck doing the same thing so he won't be tiring out an already over-used writing style, so when he does come back with another tween-targeted show it'll be fresh. If it doesn't work then it doesn't work, but if he's talented like you think he is then he'll make it work and it'll be fine.

• Like 1

Might give this a shot since I usually give all Dan Schneider shows a chance since I've enjoyed many of his programs over the years. However, I'm with the opinion of that Schneider's shtick is starting to wear thin and hopefully this will be an improvement over the disappointment that was Sam & Cat.

But wait, the commercial said it was a tv movie, not a show. So does that mean they show the movie to rev up the new series?

Nick is promoting the hour long series premiere as a "TV Movie".

Wasn't as bad as I thought, and it helps that I know the woman playing Henry's mother from another show. While this is different from Dan's other production, I still found the joke-style and comedic timing to be pretty Dan-like, and plus he's still using Pear products, and I even spotted some new Dan-ventions. Overall, I think this is definitely better than Thundermans and Haunted Hathaways. Lets just see how well it ends up doing.