• Advertisement

Unpopular Opinions

Well I didn't wanna bump a dead topic, and this can cover more than just episodes, like characters, seasons, general themes, and even SpongeBob media outside of the show.

Hope this thread doesn't make me an official newb!

I'll let this one slide since this topic is slightly different and the old one was 4 months old.

Certain episodes such as Plankton's Army and House Fancy would be stronger if SpongeBob were to not appear

This is totally off-topic, but has he ever not appeared? I thought Plankton's Army was great regardless of him, but not having him in some episodes is an interesting angle.

Also, I don't think this show is more quotable than other shows from the same era. Fairly Odd Parents, for example, is infinitely more quotable to me than the early seasons of Spongebob (there's a time and place for both quotes, obviously, but I think FOP has more places in conversation than Spongebob does, even though most people will quote Spongebob over FOP).

I also still hate Chocolate with Nuts (coincidentally, probably one of the most quoted Spongebob episode).

• Like 1

This is totally off-topic, but has he ever not appeared? I thought Plankton's Army was great regardless of him, but not having him in some episodes is an interesting angle.

Also, I don't think this show is more quotable than other shows from the same era. Fairly Odd Parents, for example, is infinitely more quotable to me than the early seasons of Spongebob (there's a time and place for both quotes, obviously, but I think FOP has more places in conversation than Spongebob does, even though most people will quote Spongebob over FOP).

I also still hate Chocolate with Nuts (coincidentally, probably one of the most quoted Spongebob episode).

He's been in every episode, but not every short. Though it's not likely to happen (I'm pretty sure I read somewhere about the cast talking how SB has been in every episode, I could be wrong) I'd like to see it.

- The Paper is like, a 7/10 episode at best.

- Professor Squidward is one of the funniest episodes of Season 6.

- Stanley S. SquarePants is an annoying episode and an annoying character.

- "Squidward abuse" is one of the stupidest reasons to dislike an episode, and I don't understand how people who complain about this can watch the show at all.

• Like 1

Sadly, no. That being said, it should really happen because all the other characters have their own unique personalities too.

Oh yes, I'm not the only person who thinks Chocolate With Nuts is pretty overrated. 

Certain episodes such as Plankton's Army and House Fancy would be stronger if SpongeBob were to not appear

Going off topic a bit too, I would seriously love to see what an episode would be like without SpongeBob.

- Greasy Buffons is more than just a gross episode. It's really hilarious and I like how the episode warns us about fast food restaurants. One of season 7's best episodes.

- People hating Born Again Krabs only because Mr. Krabs sold SppngeBob's soul for 62 cents is really stupid. Mr. Krabs realized his mistake, people.

- I like Pet Sitter Pat (please don't kill me), The Card, inSPONGEiac, A Day Without Tears, Are You Happy Now and Demolotion Doofus for really good reasons (I'm going to explain why I like those episodes soon)

- Even though season 8 has some of the infamous episodes, season 8 is still my favorite post-movie season.

- I don't hate Karate Island because It was #1 on the countdown. I hate it because of SpongeBob and It's boringness.

- I like season 7.

- I never understood why Overbooked is praised so much. It's a good episode but It isn't anything special.

- I don't care how The Krusty Sponge episode parodies Nickelodeon miking the cash out of SpongeBob, It's a really mean-spirited and dull episode.

- It Came from Goo Lagoon has some flaws but I find the episode really entertaining.

- Whelk Attack is one of the best SpongeBob episodes ever.

-Atlantis SquarePantis is not a bad special. It had It's moments.

My opinions:

-SpongeBob had been a hoarder before.

-Squidward is less grumpy in the first four seasons.

-The Paper could have been a lost episode.

-SpongeBob has hair.

-Patrick hates carrots.

-Boating Buddies is the least favorite SpongeBob episode in the world.

-Gary has had a party in his shell.

-SpongeBob wastes Krabby Patties for ice skates in Krabs a la Mode.

-Patrick can't decide if he can have furniture or not.

-Little Yellow Book does not count as Squid abuse. Neither does Camping Episode... but neither do episodes such as House Fancy or Suction Cup Symphony (???... he won in both!)

• Like 1

My opinions:

-SpongeBob had been a hoarder before.

-Squidward is less grumpy in the first four seasons.

-The Paper could have been a lost episode.

-SpongeBob has hair.

-Patrick hates carrots.

-Boating Buddies is the least favorite SpongeBob episode in the world.

-Gary has had a party in his shell.

-SpongeBob wastes Krabby Patties for ice skates in Krabs a la Mode.

-Patrick can't decide if he can have furniture or not.

This is an opinion thread.

Those that you have listed are facts. No problem, it's not easy to not get them mixed up.

I agree with you on the other three episodes, but not Little Yellow Book. :P

Mhm... poor, unfortuante Squidward, ruining SpongeBob's life by telling his secrets...... ugh he's such an innocent character?