• Advertisement

Muppets Most Wanted

Clappy

The sequel to the critically praised Muppet movie from 2011. While I don't think it's as star packed as the original (especially no Jason Segel who was so heavily involved in making the original), I am definitely excited and can't wait to see it.

Comes out March 28 2014.

• Like 2

Just look at the poster:

Well to be fair, the Muppets have had that new logo since 2010.  It's been on every single Muppet property since then.  Personally, I think it's kinda clever.  The M is Kermit's body and obviously the M also stands for Muppets.  It's kinda cute, but I still prefer older Muppet logos to this newer one.  Also, the Monsters logo has an eye in the middle of the M.

All that being said....

The Muppets are going to Monsters Inc, apparently...

This comment still doesn't make any sense about the movie itself.

Saw this today. Definitely wasn't as good as the 2011 film, but that was expected. I think the film was definitely missing the passion that was in the 2011 one. This one was just a sequel that seemed to try to be a lot like the original but without Segel's passion.

However, I do have to say that I think the songs were almost as good as the first...almost. I just think the main thing that hurt this was just how amazing the reboot was. I can't help while watching this and think that it's trying to catch lightning in a bottle twice and it's not working as well. It's got plenty of clever jokes and writing, but just not as clever. If any of this makes any sense.

Still, definitely worth checking out. Just not something I would catch again until it comes on basic cable.

Saw this today. Definitely wasn't as good as the 2011 film, but that was expected. I think the film was definitely missing the passion that was in the 2011 one. This one was just a sequel that seemed to try to be a lot like the original but without Segel's passion.

However, I do have to say that I think the songs were almost as good as the first...almost. I just think the main thing that hurt this was just how amazing the reboot was. I can't help while watching this and think that it's trying to catch lightning in a bottle twice and it's not working as well. It's got plenty of clever jokes and writing, but just not as clever. If any of this makes any sense.

Still, definitely worth checking out. Just not something I would catch again until it comes on basic cable.

Make a decision for me. Should I see this or Grand Budapest Hotel?

Make a decision for me. Should I see this or Grand Budapest Hotel?

Well I want to see Grand Budapest Hotel.  So I'm just going to say you see that for me and make a thread proclaiming how awesome it probably is.