• Advertisement

A name is a name, so let's get through this name game...

Steel Sponge

Remember that sad song that Spongebob and Mr. Krabs sing in "Welcome to the Chum Bucket?" Most people would ask, "what's the name of that song?"

Before the name became official for the Greatest Hits album, I remember that there would be some debate for it. I may feel idotic for setting a thread up based on this while I've already made a thread for it, centering the song itself, which was practically made around a year ago. For as long as I can remember, this was how it was like:

Most sources say the song is called "Without You."

Fanon sources say the song is called either "A Stove is a Stove" or "A Grill is a Grill."

Turbonick (R.I.P) and some sources say the song is called "Just a Greasy Spoon."

And then there's the name for the Greatest Hits album, redeemed as "This Grill is Not a Home."

So, in terms of the song "This Grill is Not a Home," before the official title was cleared out, I can presume I was on Team Greasy Spoon. So yeah, discuss your thoughts on the song title itself if you were wondering about it at the time, also if you apparently had a different name consideration other than the ones listed above, but I wouldn't expect much response for that.

I always thought the song was called "Just a Greasy Spoon" because I distinctly recall seeing the song played during a commercial break with that title at the bottom-left corner when I was like, nine. It doesn't really matter to me though.