• Advertisement

ASK PREZ

President Squidward

11 hours ago, A relevant person said:

What gave you the inspiration for Squnschpunsch

Since I know you're new around these parts, since 2011 or so I've had this fun hobby to make crossovers with Squidward out of boredom and see how he'd act around certain characters and their environments. I've done about 7-8 of them now, with many I had thoughts of one time but rejected them due to sounding like they didn't work. I've had a few past crossovers I did that I regretted doing for how terrible they were and I didn't have real fun with them.

I came up with the idea for Squnschpunsch when I discovered the show Wunschpunsch back in May on a Youtuber I check out from time to time named Ryan Vo. I saw the first episode, "Plant Panic" and instantly fell in love with the characters and the artstyle. I then started checking out other episodes out of order with another youtube who uploaded all the episodes in English in 2014. Same night I started developing the idea of doing a Squidward crossover with it. The thing is at the time I was doing a Squidward crossover with Bunnicula (second time doing it since first time in 2016 was a failure), and I didn't know if anyone would be on board with it since Squidicula was big and well-received. I decided to give the idea a try and what originally was going to be "ironically good" with everybody turned into a well-respected crossover which is still going strong since May 26th of this year. It's seriously now my favorite crossover I've ever done due to how well Squidward's personality fits with Maurizio's and Jacob's. It beat my original favorite crossover, which was Squidward and Ice Bear (from We Bare Bears) I did way back in 2015.

I think members like @WhoBob and @Klu helped Squnschpunsch get up on it's feet since they saw the source material as kids and loved it. I was worried no one was going to know what the hell Wunschpunsch was considering it never aired in America.

4 hours ago, SpongeCob said:

if you had to pick one, would you choose: crazy squidward or creepy spongebob?

Qm1yL6e.jpg or Y0wi2xb.png

It's easy. As much as it hurts to say it, I'd choose creepy SpongeBob. At least I see more humor out of it, even if it's in an ironic sort of sense. Seeing crazy Squidward constantly just hurts as I love this character a lot. ? 

Edited by President Squidward

How do I get those cool stuff that can be seen under you guys replies on computer? :(

(btw I don't have computer,the reason why I knew it is because I can use school's computer on Friday)

Edited by Josh the trash

12 hours ago, Josh the trash said:

How do I get those cool stuff that can be seen under you guys replieson computer? :(

(btw I don't have computer,the reason why I knew it is because I can use school's computer on Friday)

Those are called signatures. They’re added by the members themselves (the sig I currently had was made by a good friend of mine), and you can add whatever image or text you want on there. You can edit your signature in account settings. :)

On 6/5/2019 at 7:53 PM, kev said:

worst albums you’ve heard rvrr

Captain Beefheart’s Trout Mask Replica is up there. I’ve been told by fans it grows on you like, eight times after you listen to it. The album is like an hour and twenty minutes though, and on first listen it was a long, painful listen that I don’t want to sit through it again multiple times to for the slim chance to understand or appreciate it.

The instrumentation on this sounds like shit (though it’s supposed to be like complex, uncommon time signature, avant-grade type rhythms), and usually I get those types of rhythms, such as in electronica, but here it just sounds like noise to me. 

However, the worst part of this album is Beefheart himself. His singing voice and sense of humor I just hate so much. The guy can’t sing at all, and isn’t funny. Bizarre humorous lyrics mostly just come off as cringe and cheesy to me. :P