• Advertisement

Things You've Always Wondered

Young Nug

Why does Spongebob only wear glasses when he's jellyfishing (mostly in the older episodes.)

There's a SB book where he finds out he's near-sighted. So it's possible he uses them to see the jellyfish better.

Why does the Chum Bucket stay open after not having a single customer for years? How?

Well he did have this guy.

Eib8LXv.jpg

Maybe because when he comes up with schemes to get them (Chum Caverns, Chum Fricassee, Chum Bucket Supreme, etc) they give him enough money to survive? Interesting enough I've noticed that Patrick is the only one that is seen legitimately liking (or being able to stomach) Plankton's food in various episodes. Maybe Patrick comes over once in a while to eat over there?

So in episodes where both Spongebob and Squidward are off and are out doing their own things, does the Krusty Krab close for the day or does old man Krabs man the ship all by himself or what?

I'm pretty sure that there are other workers, just off screen.

I'm pretty sure that there are other workers, just off screen.

In Employee of the Month, only Spongebob and Squidward are up for the award; in As Seen On TV only Spongebob, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs rep the Krusty Krew; when Spongebob leaves in Pickles, the only person who's there to take over for him is Squidward. If they're ever late to work, the customers get outraged; there's no reason why Mr. Krabs wouldn't just call in his other guys. Plankton can just brainwash the other fry cook to get the formula.

It's more likely that it's closed on Sundays or something. Spongebob does has a separate to-do list for Sundays, after all.

The most logical thing then is he runs it by himself like he use to before he had workers in the first place. The example is from SpongeBob Moves In and Squiditis/somewhat in SB You're Fired show him working by himself. Both Squidward and Mr. Krabs seem like they have difficulty running both jobs at the same time. I don't know if SB can because if I recall correctly he's only been in charge of both jobs in Squid's Day Off. However the KK was closed.

In Employee of the Month, only Spongebob and Squidward are up for the award; in As Seen On TV only Spongebob, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs rep the Krusty Krew; when Spongebob leaves in Pickles, the only person who's there to take over for him is Squidward. If they're ever late to work, the customers get outraged; there's no reason why Mr. Krabs wouldn't just call in his other guys. Plankton can just brainwash the other fry cook to get the formula.

It's more likely that it's closed on Sundays or something. Spongebob does has a separate to-do list for Sundays, after all.

But I'm pretty sure there was an episode that hinted at there being other worker/s, I don't remember which though.

But I'm pretty sure there was an episode that hinted at there being other worker/s, I don't remember which though.

Maybe other workers in the past (i.e, before SpongeBob and Squidward), but there are far too many episodes that detail the Krusty Krab having no other workers besides SpongeBob and Squidward. If there were any other employees, I'm pretty sure that they would've been shown at this point. :P

• Like 1