• Advertisement

Do you Like Cartoon Network today?

StormAllenBryat

On 7/30/2013 at 4:10 PM, Steel Sponge said:

It was at the time I almost decided to transition away from CN, with Problem Solverz turning up at the same time SBT was done. I've seen like five minutes of it, and it had the power to make me give up and consider it to be not worth watching. I also wasn't impressed with Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, Almost Naked Animals (before I watched a couple episodes...which was mediocre, but not horrible. At least I didn't complain before watching it unlike most people, if I should add.), and of course, I joined the hate train for Johnny Test, which was still running at the time. More specifically, IMO, I didn't like their choices with the programming and with the timeslot they had IMO. Adventure Time and Regular Show, they didn't suck, but I'm too lazy to stick with them through my whole "where do I start," "how do I catch up" kind of thing. (It's just no wonder I'm only catching up with Spongebob, Phineas and Ferb, and Gravity Falls anymore.)

I kind of admit that I have nostalgia bias towards 2011 CN. Besides late 2010 around the time Regular Show premiered, it was the year I decided to get into Cartoon Network again. I mean, sure, it did have stuff like Problem Solverz and all of the Canadian imports that weren't Total Drama (Not to mention that Johnny Test continued to exist), but on the other hand, I did like Gumball, The Looney Tunes Show, heck, I even liked Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, along with the shows from late 2010 that still remained like Adventure Time and Regular Show. Mad was also one of my guilty pleasures too so chalk that up to the list.

It definitely wasn't the best year for Cartoon Network but I'd rather take it over tiring marathons of Teen Titans Go every day.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hayden said:

Recent disastrous CN decisions:

-The shit advertising for both RS and AT, as well as some piss poor time slots for new episodes and zero reruns. They started a renaissance period for CN and now they're being swept away with no respect.

-After placing Pokemon in the 7 AM hour instead of giving it room to get better ratings, CN is now being "bold" enough to give up something they've had for 10 years. The broadcasting rights to fucking Pokemon.

-Fresh TV is being yanked around on a chain because CN has yet to give them word on whether RR will continue with a Season 2 or if TD will ever get closure.

-Wabbit and Be Cool Scooby Doo have not aired anything new in 8-9 months, despite having tons of content left. Justice League Action will not even get a chance at a Thursday slot, because it's automatically being placed on Saturday mornings. (Starting Christmas Eve of all days)

-Not one, but two fucking "every TTG ever" marathons are airing the next two weekends on Cartoon Network. Hello new Spongebob.

-Powerpuff Girls did not perform up to their expectations, and the Ben 10 reboot will likely not either. Right now there is nothing on the horizon from creators that could be a new flagship show for them.

-Gumball's creator is leaving after Season 6 even if CN decides to keep milking Gumball beyond that. Ben Gruber's think tank will eventually dry up and TTG will have to be put down.

-The only decent decision I'll say CN made was ending Clarence and Uncle Grandpa, which both got more than fair life spans. But the scheduling on those is wonky too.

CN is about to enter another dark ages by mid-2018 IMO.

tbh Adventure Time and Regular Show getting canceling is a good thing. I think 8-9 seasons are quite enough for both shows. I don't think CN will hit another dark age. We'll get more original content that haven't even announced yet. All I need them to do are less hiatuses and cancelation TTG and PPG's asses :) 

I haven't inserted my two cents on what I think of the network as of now, so I'll go ahead and say that I really like it. The executives haven't been making some wise decisions lately, but hey, just about any animation studio will have their ups and downs. As long as we're not seeing a CN Real revival, I can tolerate anything that's going on with the network, including the whole favoritism towards Teen Titans Go, the future cancellations of AT and RS, and all the problems I've had with the new PPG cartoon.

Edited by Steel Sponge

1 hour ago, Dr. WhoBob said:

tbh Adventure Time and Regular Show getting canceling is a good thing. I think 8-9 seasons are quite enough for both shows. I don't think CN will hit another dark age. We'll get more original content that haven't even announced yet. All I need them to do are less hiatuses and cancelation TTG and PPG's asses :) 

I don't think you really read my post, but alright

On 11/24/2016 at 0:10 PM, 4EverGreen said:

Just putting it out there that if there is ANYONE who is missing the OLD days of Cartoon Network, watching Boomerang (if it's available for you to watch) just might be the thing for you.

Even some fans of modern-day CN are saying that Boomerang sucks now though.

I don't understand why people are blowing a casket over Boomerang, but even if the network rebranded, I don't think it's a bad channel by any means.

Dexter's Laboratory. The Looney Tunes Show. Old Looney Tunes. Old Tom and Jerry. Old Scooby-Doo. Courage the Cowardly Dog. The Flintstones. Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

Heck, even a while ago, they were showing reruns of Codename: Kids Next Door and Grim Adventures. We got all these amazing shows on their schedule right now. We got a handful of CN's newer shows (TTG and PPG being the worst contenders), but let's face it: no network is perfect. If the network still airs some good shows under their belt, then that shouldn't make Boomerang so bad.

Edited by Steel Zano

Honestly, I don't get Boomerang, so I never know what's on. But I hardly ever watch Cartoon Network now except for Steven Universe. I'm so fed up with Teen Titans Go, I don't know how anyone over the age of 12 can enjoy a show like that. Not because it's supposed to be based off the original, but because the characters are such unlikable jerkasses and the humor is so juvenile, all the good shows that Cartoon Network has right now get overshadowed by that poor excuse for a show.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, NegiSpongie said:

I'm so fed up with Teen Titans Go, I don't know how anyone over the age of 12 can enjoy a show like that. Not because it's supposed to be based off the original, but because all the good shows that Cartoon Network has right now get overshadowed by that poor excuse for a show.

In my honest opinion, "Teen Titans Go" is LITERALLY Cartoon Network's version of "The Fairly Oddparents;" something that SHOULD'VE been cancelled a LONG time ago! :rolleyes:

Honestly, I prefer pre-2007 Cartoon Network and pre-2014 Boomerang. I'm sick of TTG being aired every day (my main problem with it, besides the boring "humor" and LARGE step down from the original, is how they write off the show's detractors A LOT) and the negligence of other shows that have FAR more substance.