• Advertisement

Do you Like Cartoon Network today?

StormAllenBryat

I do not like Cartoon Network today Cartoon Network shows today are bad shows like Teen Titans Go!, Adventure Time, Mad, Amazing World of Gumball. and look at the old shows that air on Boomerang shows like Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Laboratory and The PowerPuff Girls. Cartoon Network today sucks!

I think modern day Cartoon Network gets too much hate. They have some pretty quality animated programs. Yeah sure their live action programs are not the best, but I think what people fail to realize is that Cartoon Network had to eventually air live action programming to keep up with Nick and Disney.

Oh and Regular Show is one of my current favorite programs. Animated or live action. So CN has got that going for them.

I think modern day Cartoon Network gets too much hate. They have some pretty quality animated programs. Yeah sure their live action programs are not the best, but I think what people fail to realize is that Cartoon Network had to eventually air live action programming to keep up with Nick and Disney.

Oh and Regular Show is one of my current favorite programs. Animated or live action. So CN has got that going for them.

well ok but some shows on Cartoon Network are rated TVPG and some are rated TV Y7 I do not thank they should mix TVPG and TV Y7

cause some channel have like rated G shows like Disney Channel and not rated TVPG shows but I just don't thank they should mix TVPG and TV Y7

Cartoon Network also isn't Disney Channel, though. They know that people fall out of touch with cartoons once they enter that "PG" age zone, and they're actively trying to grab them because no other kids network is. Sooner or later it'll probably be all TVPG.

What the hell is wrong with you and mixed ratings? CN once aired a TV-14 show that wasn't on Adult Swim in the 1990's.

It was called Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

What the hell is wrong with you and mixed ratings? CN once aired a TV-14 show that wasn't on Adult Swim in the 1990's.

It was also aired at 11pm; not to mention it was the '90s. Those are two huge factors in that rating being completely irrelevant to today's ratings.

Nickelodeon also aired Ren and Stimpy, and yet here we are with shows that are not Ren and Stimpy.

Because it's not the '90s.

• Like 2

Well, that's debatable. The show came out when there was no TV ratings (1994), and when those did come around (1997), it was PG. There were a few TV-14 eps later on in the run (as far as i've seen), though. Great show btw.

as for CN today...Regular Show and Adventure Time are dope. I don't really care for anything else but the other stuff isn't horrible or anything.

Honestly, I think CN is my favorite network out of the big three networks (CN, Nick, and Disney Channel). To those complaining about live-action shows...what ones do they even have anymore? Yeah, they have Incredible Crew, but that rarely airs anymore and it's probably going to get into the trash bin with the other failed live-action shows. Even some of their bad shows (Annoying Orange, Johnny Test) can be a guilty pleasure sometimes. 

• Like 4

To those complaining about live-action shows...what ones do they even have anymore?

Holy crap someone else noticed this too. I thought I was the only one.

Everyone complains and whines and moans about how CN airs nothing but live-action shows and how they jumped the shark because they aren't doing cartoons anymore or they're doing less cartoons than they should be and it's absurd. It feels like so many people live in 2007. CN canceled almost every live-action show right off the bat (Destroy Build Destroy was the only one that lasted, I think, and that's because it was friggin' awesome), and then when they tried to do more live-action... well, they canceled those right off the bat too! They all got a season and then the guys at CN realized "oh man this is a terrible idea let's go back to cartoons". And they did.

Though, I have to say - I wish they did more with Tower Prep. I enjoyed that show to the extent I could enjoy a live-action show from CN that didn't involve explosions.

• Like 4