• Advertisement

Do you Like Cartoon Network today?

StormAllenBryat

Holy crap someone else noticed this too. I thought I was the only one.

Everyone complains and whines and moans about how CN airs nothing but live-action shows and how they jumped the shark because they aren't doing cartoons anymore or they're doing less cartoons than they should be and it's absurd. It feels like so many people live in 2007. CN canceled almost every live-action show right off the bat (Destroy Build Destroy was the only one that lasted, I think, and that's because it was friggin' awesome), and then when they tried to do more live-action... well, they canceled those right off the bat too! They all got a season and then the guys at CN realized "oh man this is a terrible idea let's go back to cartoons". And they did.

Though, I have to say - I wish they did more with Tower Prep. I enjoyed that show to the extent I could enjoy a live-action show from CN that didn't involve explosions.

I wish they did more with BrainRush too.  That was actually a slightly amusing game show and Lamorne Morris was a pretty amazing host.  Glad to see him still be relevant on New Girl.

I wish they did more with BrainRush too.  That was actually a slightly amusing game show and Lamorne Morris was a pretty amazing host.  Glad to see him still be relevant on New Girl.

They were able to rope in Lamorne Morris, Andrew W.K., and Bobb'e J Thompson.

How were their shows not more successful?

• Like 1

They were able to rope in Lamorne Morris, Andrew W.K., and Bobb'e J Thompson.

How were their shows not more successful?

Wait...that Bobb'e J Thompson show was relevant?  I heard he was doing one, but I never actually sat down to watch it.  How long did that even last?

Actually...yes. I really like Adventure Time and Regular Show despite not being an avid viewer of either of them nowadays, The Looney Tunes Show is fine, Teen Titans Go! is alright, Gumball has always been dumb but entertaining silliness (and I'm in a minority of people who actually thinks that the later episodes have been funnier than the early ones), and I actually find MAD to be tolerable now. 

As for the bad stuff, I actually do find some of the trippy stuff in Annoying Orange to be entertaining, Johnny Test does get a lulzy chuckle out of me every now and then, and fudge, even Incredible Crew has some imagination poured into it that I can admire. 

I seriously don't find Cartoon Network nowadays to be that awful, and if you want me to be brutally honest, a lot of the stuff from the old days of Cartoon Network really isn't THAT great. CN has to keep up with the times, kid. 

• Like 5

Wait...that Bobb'e J Thompson show was relevant?  I heard he was doing one, but I never actually sat down to watch it.  How long did that even last?

Six weeks. Same as BrainRush, apparently.

It's a shame. considering how funny Bobb'e J and Lamorne Morris both are.

Six weeks. Same as BrainRush, apparently.

It's a shame. considering how funny Bobb'e J and Lamorne Morris both are.

6 weeks wow there must have been low ratings and a lot of hate mail

At least the live action shows were/are created, a lot of them are game shows and not sitcoms. I think it's pretty clever how they did that. Like jjs said, CN has been my favorite children's network for quite some time now. I appreciate their shows like RS to AT and all the effort they put into their cool marketing (their Best DVD In The Universe and etc).

• Like 1

Yeah, they have Incredible Crew, but that rarely airs anymore and it's probably going to get into the trash bin with the other failed live-action shows. 

I called it:

http://www.nickandmore.com/2013/07/29/cartoon-network-cancels-incredible-crew/

Awesome coincidence. :P Well, that basically leaves no live-action shows left on CN. So anyone saying "it's filled with live-action shows" would be a lie.

Even though my occurences with watching Cartoon Network right now is once in a blue moon, (unless Toonami is on, whereas I would watch Sym-Bionic Titan and Inuyasha (before I stopped, since it was hard to catch up with)) I still have respect for Cartoon Network. 2011 sucked though, at that point in time.

Even though my occurences with watching Cartoon Network right now is once in a blue moon, (unless Toonami is on, whereas I would watch Sym-Bionic Titan and Inuyasha (before I stopped, since it was hard to catch up with)) I still have respect for Cartoon Network. 2011 sucked though, at that point in time.

Aside from the last episode of Sym-Bionic Titan airing in 2011, what was so bad about that year?

Aside from the last episode of Sym-Bionic Titan airing in 2011, what was so bad about that year?

It was at the time I almost decided to transition away from CN, with Problem Solverz turning up at the same time SBT was done. I've seen like five minutes of it, and it had the power to make me give up and consider it to be not worth watching. I also wasn't impressed with Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, Almost Naked Animals (before I watched a couple episodes...which was mediocre, but not horrible. At least I didn't complain before watching it unlike most people, if I should add.), and of course, I joined the hate train for Johnny Test, which was still running at the time. More specifically, IMO, I didn't like their choices with the programming and with the timeslot they had IMO. Adventure Time and Regular Show, they didn't suck, but I'm too lazy to stick with them through my whole "where do I start," "how do I catch up" kind of thing. (It's just no wonder I'm only catching up with Spongebob, Phineas and Ferb, and Gravity Falls anymore.)

CN's fine. I don't watch it much but it's shows are really well done. I remember back in 2009 or something:

"I HATE CN. Regular Show sounds like it'll be horrible, Adventure Time is overrated, and now everything is about people being morons. I give up. I'm never watching it again. Maybe if my brother plays Hole in the Wall, but I'm watching Disney Channel, cuz' those are good shows!"

Yeah, I started watching Cartoon Network shortly after that (October 1st, 2012), and I gave the shows a shot, sure, AT played the same episode I watched in 2009 (How is that possible? CN must hate me), but the 2nd episode was actually good. And RS looks awesome. I may not watch much CN, but if there's one thing I can say, it's that CN has gotten better. Why? Because the people who run it don't try to make shows merchandise (COUGHDCCOUGH)

Sorry to bash your opinion Storm, but don't ever say that DC beats CN or Nick. DC is filled (By filled, I mean not GF or P&F [Or even Dog with a Blog, I've only seen, what, one episode]) with shows that are boring and offensive. I mean, sure, a show about people whining about being rich is probably funny. The one about those stupid 1-year olds in high school is AWESOME!!!! And the one about people being famous because they had no real struggle is hysterical. And that one about the baby... is not actually that bad. Disney Channel brainwashes you. I know I should shut up with DC since this is a CN topic, but any show on CN beats the DC shows mentioned above by a mile.

CN's fine. I don't watch it much but it's shows are really well done. I remember back in 2009 or something:

"I HATE CN. Regular Show sounds like it'll be horrible, Adventure Time is overrated, and now everything is about people being morons. I give up. I'm never watching it again. Maybe if my brother plays Hole in the Wall, but I'm watching Disney Channel, cuz' those are good shows!"

Yeah, I started watching Cartoon Network shortly after that (October 1st, 2012), and I gave the shows a shot, sure, AT played the same episode I watched in 2009 (How is that possible? CN must hate me), but the 2nd episode was actually good. And RS looks awesome. I may not watch much CN, but if there's one thing I can say, it's that CN has gotten better. Why? Because the people who run it don't try to make shows merchandise (COUGHDCCOUGH)

Sorry to bash your opinion Storm, but don't ever say that DC beats CN or Nick. DC is filled (By filled, I mean not GF or P&F [Or even Dog with a Blog, I've only seen, what, one episode]) with shows that are boring and offensive. I mean, sure, a show about people whining about being rich is probably funny. The one about those stupid 1-year olds in high school is AWESOME!!!! And the one about people being famous because they had no real struggle is hysterical. And that one about the baby... is not actually that bad. Disney Channel brainwashes you. I know I should shut up with DC since this is a CN topic, but any show on CN beats the DC shows mentioned above by a mile.

Adventure Time and Regular Show premiered in 2010, not 2009.