• Advertisement

UPDATE: Xbox One

sbl

Playstation 4 or Xbox One?  

1. 1. PS4 or Xbox One?

• PS4
    • Xbox One

Guest ssj4gogita4

Doesn't look like a VCR to me. It looks more like the atari 5200 or CD-I. :P AVGN 4 LYFE!

But seriously, it could be bigger than atari 5200 or the CD-I :P

The One in the name could mean that it's a multipurpose machine. Considering Microsoft's approach with the 360 I wouldn't be surprised at all. The console itself has some future, and also plenty of functions that allows it to compete better with it's rivals. But at last it was revealed after so many rumors circulating, with this reveal the PS4-Wii U-Xbox One generation can now begin. Hopefully, the new generation will bring good things to gaming.

And..some games will only be allowed for the XBOX ONE. :o

Now..this changes my mind....hmmmm PS4 or XBOX ONE...

I have a joke:

"It's called a XBOX ONE because they made it look like a VCR, and guess who likes it? Bill Gates."

I'm hearing almost nothing but hatred for this thing so far. The irony is that hipsters should dig that design. It really has that nostalgic feel to it. 

Too bad hipsters only play games on the Sega Genesis.

• Like 1

Well, in other news, the Xbox One just became the PS4: 2.

It's now almost identical, since Microsoft stripped the Xbox One of all of its... "special" features. There's now only one initial start-up Internet connection required, the used game policy is the same as the 360 (ie: you can use used games), and downloadable games don't require online to play.

All that and they're still trying to pack a Kinect with it.

I'm not surprised, after all they don't want to hurt their chances of actually selling consoles since the console was highly criticized. But let's see what happens at launch.

If it's still $500 and bundled with a Kinect? PS4 still dominates.

If it's still $500 and bundled with a Kinect? PS4 still dominates.

Pretty much. It looks like the Xbox One will have a slow start but I wouldn't be surprised if the PS4 suffers the same fate. Then again, the same happened to the Wii U but once the games start coming they will be in a much better situation. Who knows, maybe this gen will end in a three way tie if you follow sales trends.

Pretty much. It looks like the Xbox One will have a slow start but I wouldn't be surprised if the PS4 suffers the same fate. Then again, the same happened to the Wii U but once the games start coming they will be in a much better situation. Who knows, maybe this gen will end in a three way tie if you follow sales trends.

Well, I don't think it's fair to include the Wii U in anything relating to new gen consoles. Nintendo really just does their own thing because they've been in the industry for decades and they already know what works and what doesn't work. They know they can make a damn good console and the world agrees; the games they put out are probably the most consistently played out of any console ever.

That said, I think as long as the PS4 continues to rock its $400 price tag it won't suffer any fate other than sheer supremacy. It might not have the exclusives that Xbox One has (or Halo TV?) but it's cheaper and doesn't come bundled with a useless piece of plastic that's probably used more often to squash bugs than it is for playing video games. Casual gamers and parents will go to Wal Mart and look at price tags and choose the cheapest one (unless they have a 360 and figure they may as well stay with Microsoft, which is fair enough). More gamer-type gamers will choose PS4 over Xbox One because of the online goodies they get for under $5 a month.

So yeah. PS4. Woo. Go team. 

Well, I don't think it's fair to include the Wii U in anything relating to new gen consoles. Nintendo really just does their own thing because they've been in the industry for decades and they already know what works and what doesn't work. They know they can make a damn good console and the world agrees; the games they put out are probably the most consistently played out of any console ever.

That said, I think as long as the PS4 continues to rock its $400 price tag it won't suffer any fate other than sheer supremacy. It might not have the exclusives that Xbox One has (or Halo TV?) but it's cheaper and doesn't come bundled with a useless piece of plastic that's probably used more often to squash bugs than it is for playing video games. Casual gamers and parents will go to Wal Mart and look at price tags and choose the cheapest one (unless they have a 360 and figure they may as well stay with Microsoft, which is fair enough). More gamer-type gamers will choose PS4 over Xbox One because of the online goodies they get for under $5 a month.

So yeah. PS4. Woo. Go team. 

Yeah but that's how the industry moves. It doesn't matter if Nintendo is competing or not (they haven't since the Wii was released) but if they don't do something then the casual market and some of their old fans will simply switch to the other consoles, resulting on major loses for Nintendo. Also, I just don't see the PS4 selling a lot in it's first year unless Sony changes their tactics; but in general the PS4 is poised to sell very well since Sony's consoles have performed very well in the past few decades, despite their recent problems with the Vita. As for the Xbox One, it depends but they already announced some new games that are coming out. And the news about the reversal of the DRM policies will likely bring more consumers into buying the console, but in the end what matters is the games and the price of each console.

Yeah but that's how the industry moves. It doesn't matter if Nintendo is competing or not (they haven't since the Wii was released) but if they don't do something then the casual market and some of their old fans will simply switch to the other consoles, resulting on major loses for Nintendo. Also, I just don't see the PS4 selling a lot in it's first year unless Sony changes their tactics; but in general the PS4 is poised to sell very well since Sony's consoles have performed very well in the past few decades, despite their recent problems with the Vita. As for the Xbox One, it depends but they already announced some new games that are coming out. And the news about the reversal of the DRM policies will likely bring more consumers into buying the console, but in the end what matters is the games and the price of each console.

What? No. I was talking to someone else about Nintendo and he said the same thing. I don't get it. Do you just not trust them or something? The Wii had crapshoot games at the start too, and it still sold more units than the 360 and the PS3. Everyone was so hung up on Gamecube that no one bothered to make the jump because everything they loved was already in front of them, but Nintendo still did phenomenal. The Wii U won't be any different. Nintendo knows exactly how to market to consumers and they're doing it exactly right; they're making games that people want to play. Smash Bros alone will be the selling point for a gozillion consoles; couple that with Wonder101, X, Wind Waker, and Mario? Nintendo can play the game - they have been for 30 years - they're not going to take any losses and they aren't going to be in trouble and nothing's going to happen to them because they're Nintendo. As long as people are interested in Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon (which everyone will be), and as long as families are still happening (let's pray they are otherwise that'd be a problem) Nintendo will always be around.

Sony doesn't need to change any tactics, either. They received a thunderous applause from their E3 conference. Everyone is circlejerking about how amazing the PS4 is and how they're jumping ship from Microsoft to Sony because Sony cares about gamers. They have an amazing system marked at $100 lower than their competitor, with the added bonus of free brand-spankin' new games to download when you sign up for PS+ (for less than $5 a month; no matter how you cut it, that's a much better deal than a Gold XBL membership). Not to mention the fact that the hardware itself is stronger and faster than whatever the Xbox One is sporting. And it doesn't come bundled with a friggin' Kinect.

People have probably already preordered the PS4 and I'm sure no one's going to take back that thunderous applause or their praise for Sony because Sony never initially did anything wrong; they were in the right the entire time this war was happening, and Microsoft was the one that needed to change their tactics. They got desperate because they were aware of how many consumers they were losing, and that means losing money, which is something businesses usually don't like.

Microsoft is going to do fine on the launch because of their switch, Sony is going to do amazing because they marketed correctly in the first place, and the Wii U is going to be in its own little corner silently racking up sales because everyone loves Nintendo.