• Advertisement

SpongeBob Will No Longer Dominate Saturday Mornings!

Ron

Nickelodeon recently announced that The Fairly OddParents will be taking up the 9:30 AM timeslot, touting it will premiere its 9th season (they're ignoring the two already-aired Season 9 episodes, apparently).

Sanjay and Craig will premiere on May 25, 2013 with a SpongeBob lead-in.

Power Rangers Megaforce is returning after a hiatus.

SpongeBob will air only once now during Nick's Saturday morning, starting in late-May! :D

Hopefully this continues into prime time and the overall over-airings are reduced. ^_^

Nickelodeon recently announced that The Fairly OddParents will be taking up the 9:30 AM timeslot, touting it will premiere its 9th season (they're ignoring the two already-aired Season 9 episodes, apparently).

Sanjay and Craig will premiere on May 25, 2013 with a SpongeBob lead-in.

Power Rangers Megaforce is returning after a hiatus.

SpongeBob will air only once now during Nick's Saturday morning, starting in late-May! :D

Hopefully this continues into prime time and the overall over-airings are reduced. ^_^

BOO! AND S&C ALREADY IS THE WORST NICK SHOW EVER!

I like the idea of variety, but A. SpongeBob is Nick's most popular show other than maybe the new TMNT revival, B. Fairly OddParents is a dead horse and nobody cares, C. Why Power Rangers Megaforce, why?, and D. I really, really do not the look of Sanjay & Craig. Bet that it gets jumped over to Nicktoons after S1.

• Like 2

At least we're getting less SB airings, Nick is in need of more variety.

Maybe less SB= better ratings?

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. SpongeBob is just so overplayed, and I think decreasing the amount of episodes that air everyday will help actually increase ratings because they won't be aired 11 times a day.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. SpongeBob is just so overplayed, and I think decreasing the amount of episodes that air everyday will help actually increase ratings because they won't be aired 11 times a day.

I'd wonder about that...my experiences with younger kids and TV have taught me that they don't have a strong desire for variety in what they watch.

It's nice to see that they finally fixed the schedule for their shows. At least we now have diverse schedule that should allow other shows to increase their ratings. I'll admit that Spongebob was being too overplayed and that caused other shows to become overshadowed by it's reruns, but now the show can be treated just like any other show.

• Like 2

How disappointing is that? Still, i've been expecting this to happen since the start of the year. Considering that there are only so many episodes for Season 9, and that it has to be spread out over the rest of the year and next year as well, I find that it's quite reasonable. The Fairly Odd Parents cannot last long. It will soon end so, FOP haters, you are in luck! :)