• Advertisement

Nickelodeon Good or Bad?

Before I can start up the discussion, I am going to list my top 5 reasons why Via/Nick piss me off.

#5.Spongebob Squarepants: No s*** that I love this show. But there's some epic flaws about the show Nickelodeon is totally ruining. They treat this show like #1, what I mean by that is that it takes over half of Nickelodeon's timeslot. Just because Spongebob is #1 in your ratings/charts doesn't mean that it has to air episodes like 20 times a freaking day. If you hate Spongebob because of cancellization of kick-ass shows like Invader ZIM, Danny Phantom, etc., Via/Nick would be the reason. What's worse is that Viacom owns Spongebob and Viacom screwed up Youtube by deleting like 500 freaking videos, +1 awesome one, +1 dead puppy a day. Leave that place alone Viacom. Also, if you own Dora, and it's like #1 in Nick Jr., I suggest airing new episodes instead of killing child suspence, I mean, IT'S RUNNING FOR 10 FREAKING YEARS.

#4.Nolstalgic rate: So far the nostalgic toll is almost below zero. Nick just removed a ton of nostalgic Nicktoons off the timeslot in their own station and their brother station: Nicktoons. For goodness sake, they also removed Nick GAS. And the western coastal times Cartoon Network replaced it(bad idea).

#3.Chances are....: I wonder how long Nick's going to keep up the suspense for new episodes for shows that are about to be cancelled. Maybe until kids from the internet find places like TV.com and look for blank airdates and announced episodes, and will call Nick frauds. This bothers me: lack of airdates for other shows. And guess what, Spongebob and iCarly is what all Via/Nick cares about. And check out the shelves in your favorite Target or Wal-Mart store: bottomless Spongebob, iCarly, and Nick Jr. merchandise.

#2.Nicktoons: *breathes* aw, Nicktoons. A place for nostalgic nicktoons. And unfortunately, a place for spontaneously planned Nicktoon shows. Ever since they did their own shows, they went overboard and started airing superhero themed shows I don't care about. And they are airing new episodes of new nicktoons as well, and luckily, the nostalgic shows are on the late night show times, which made me happy, but it may not be permanate.(this reason is for people who have Nicktoons on their cable, so yeah)

#1.Timeslot and Shows: Oh yeah, this is the biggest reason why Nick sucks. But let's start off with the shows. Ever since 2007, they aired crappy shows like the Mighty B!(They cancelled Danny Phantom for this?! The heck...)Ever since Fred appeared on iCarly, people starting bashing iCarly more(IMO). Tak, Back at the Barnyard, Fapboy and Cum Cum, they're ALL crappy! And sadly, shows like El Tigre lasted on the network for only 11 months or so. The timeslot is outrageous and ungenerous. Timeslot as of now: Morning long Spongebob/Moring long Nick. Jr. Afternoon: Noon long Nick Jr./Noon long iCarly. Night: Night long Spongebob, iCarly, etc./Night long Nick at Nite. As of now, the timeslot is nothing but Penguins, Spongebob, iCarly, True Jackson, and Fanboy. I also can't believe Mighty B is kicked out of the timeslot until new episodes arrive! Plus, who the hell stays up until eight?! Nick at Nite now begins at EIGHT instead of NINE!(Nick at Nite starts at 5 if you're from the East Coast)Peace out!

Don't get me started with the website. Some of their hottest features ONLY let U.S people in them. Are they country racist or something?

End of my rant. Discuss.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Fuck nostalgia.

Time to stop reminiscing of the past and looking forward to the future.

There is nothing bright in Nick's future. I only watch Nick when a new SpongeBob is on, and occasionally iCarly and Nick at Nite.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
There is nothing bright in Nick's future. I only watch Nick when a new SpongeBob is on, and occasionally iCarly and Nick at Nite.

I don't watch Nick at all.

I watch Spongebob online.

I hate Nickelodeon for one reason. And that is LIVE ACTION PROGRAMS. iCarly sucks, Big Time Rush obviously lip sing, considering they all sound exactly the same, Victorious and True Jackson are okay, but I really liked Drake and Josh. The main reason why I hate it now is because of iCarly. All they do is run around screaming like idiots, and almost every boy on the show execpt Spencer is in love with Carly. Even some of the bad guys.

THAT is why I dislike modern Nick. Rant over.

Spoiler
iCarly was good before, until the producers thought "RANDOM = FUNNEH" and started the downward spiral of unfunny randomness.
It has some good episodes, but I loved it in season 1. Now it's... two or three good episodes in a heap of thrown together random rambling of fried chicken and tomato clam juice.

Spoiler
I agree. I just hate Carly's Mary-Sue-ness. But I like Spencer, Sam and Gibby. Freddie and Carly disturb me.
Yeah, I agree. I used to like Freddie, but I have never liked Carly.

iCarly's still a pretty good show; they just sometimes go overboard with the trying-to-be-funny-with-complete-randomness. As for Big Time Rush, Victorious, and True Jackson, I haven't really sat down and watched a bunch of episodes (mainly because I'm too distracted by my high-speed Internet), so I don't really know if they're good or not.

And yes, I totally agree that Nick needs to fix their program line-up. They have a tendency to not give their newer shows a chance. For example, when a new Nicktoon premieres, they'll air it frequently for a short while, then they'll only air it on a single timeslot on the weekends, and finally they'll just stop airing it completely.

I no longer have the Nicktoons channel, but I used to like watching it when it was dedicated to airing classic Nicktoons, with a couple original programs. However, I noticed that they recently added a Nick Rewind section to Nick on Demand (for those who have digital cable), which has episodes of most of the old Nicktoons.

Spoiler
iCarly's still a pretty good show]

Big Time Rush, Victorious, and True Jackson are all OK.Icary and SB are most popular on Nick Nowadays

It pisses me off that Viacom/Nickelodeon would cancel shows like: Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, KaBlam!, CatDog, Angry Beavers, Rocket Power, All That (Although I didn't like the newer seasons), Kenan and Kel, and more for shows like: ICarly (focuses to much on random humor which only really good shows can pull off), Big Time Rush (do I really need to explain it, this show is so stupid and that's clearly not them actually singing, my god that's the last thing this world needs is another Jonas Brothers), The Troop: (Boring, that's all I have to say), Victorius: (I would rather be struck by lightning than watch this show), and True Jackson V.I.P.: (read what I wrote for Victorius). Spongebob is my favorite nicktoon but they do air it a lot and that's why a lot of fans of the clasic nickelodeon always complain about those great shows getting cancelled cause of Spongebob (nice going nickelodeon you made a lot of people get pissed off at you just cause you wanted to change things up a bit, it was already fine the way it originally was, as a cartoon channel with only a few live action shows not a live action channel with only few cartoons, that's Disney Channel. Also even though you cancelled these shows at least airreruns cause you do profit from reruns too, and not at 1.00 a.m. so that no kids will ever get the chance to see great cartoons like the Rugrats (knowing nickelodeon, even if they did do that they'd air the Rugrats episodes with Kimi that nobody liked). they do also know that they're highest rated episode ever was an episode of the Rugrats, it was the All Growed Up special which led to All Grown Up the series eventually being made. Sure there is the classic nick site where you can download almost every episode of every nicktoon (only a few episodes are missing, but some shows have every episode like Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Rocket Power, and a few more) but it's still feels better watching them on TV, and I know there's others out there who'll agree with me. Wow that was a long rant and I usually don't complain that much but Nickelodeon makes me so frustrated nowadays, I mean seriously who in their right mind would prefer Fanboy and Chum Chum over Rocko's Modern Life?