• Advertisement

Sam & Cat

TJ

That was by far the cheapest trailer I've ever seen. It looks like it was made on Windows Movie Maker or something, what the hell Nickelodeon?

Overall, pretty excited to see how this turns out. I can see they're reusing sets from Victorious.

I hope Ariana sings in every episode or I call another overplayed Nasty Patty scene. Join me Sauce or you're fired.

It doesn't seem right... BUT IT FEELS SO GOOD. Seriously though, we need more of her beautiful voice!

I just finished watching the pilot. I got to get this out of the way. The audience sound effects/laugh track got incredibly obnoxious, incredibly fast. I mean they really don't need to have those sounds go off for every single moment. It was far more irritating than usual.

Otherwise, I have to say somehow this exceeded my very low expectations. Sam was far more amusing than the latter years of iCarly. And this is coming from someone who couldn't stand her character at all in those said years. Cat wasn't as obnoxious as I thought she would be. While I didn't hate the character of Cat in Victorious, her character was being written to the point of almost irritatingly stupid. Minus the first few minutes and you guys know what I'm talking about if you watched or have seen the previews.

But yeah, as for the pilot in general. Those first five minutes were massively obnoxious. I was highly considering stopping this pilot and going straight to bed. It was that dumb. But I decided to sit it out and the pilot definitely got better. The last five minutes/ending was definitely weak and predictable, but in between were actually some solid jokes and interesting character development.

I'm definitely going to keep tuning in. But I just hope this shows keeps making solid progress because spinoffs are definitely a challenge in terms of keeping momentum going without tiring out characters. I can see Sam and Cat flaming out but at the same time I hope it succeeds.

Well, the show definitely made a good impression on me. Yes the ending was predictable, but it was sweet :) .

Highlights:

- Sam: "Who's that read headed chick in a trash can?"

- Sam going out of her way to save Cat from death.

- Sam: "I don't want this beast"

- Sam mentioning Carly

- The old people at Elderly Acres were funny

- The chase scene with the kids at Inside Out Burger was adorably funny.

- Sam and Cat's version of CPR was funny :P . Surprised it actually worked.

- Cat: "SHUT UP, WHO IS SHE!???"  xDDDDDDDDDDDDD

- Cat/Sam motorcycle scene.

I definitely like the show and will keep tuning in. And wow, I think I wrote a more fluent review here than on TV.com.

Well, the show definitely made a good impression on me. Yes the ending was predictable, but it was sweet :) .

Highlights:

- Sam: "Who's that read headed chick in a trash can?"

- Sam going out of her way to save Cat from death.

- Sam: "I don't want this beast"

- Sam mentioning Carly

- The old people at Elderly Acres were funny

- The chase scene with the kids at Inside Out Burger was adorably funny.

- Sam and Cat's version of CPR was funny :P . Surprised it actually worked.

- Cat: "SHUT UP, WHO IS SHE!???"  xDDDDDDDDDDDDD

- Cat/Sam motorcycle scene.

I definitely like the show and will keep tuning in. And wow, I think I wrote a more fluent review here than on TV.com.

I'll be honest. I did not like Cat being in the trash can and that whole garbage sequence. It really made me facepalm hard. Stupid stupid stupid.

Thank goodness the rest of the pilot made up for it.

I'll be honest. I did not like Cat being in the trash can and that whole garbage sequence. It really made me facepalm hard. Stupid stupid stupid.

Thank goodness the rest of the pilot made up for it.

Yea, it was stupid, but I just liked the comment Sam made :P . Its funny, because Dan's original idea for Sam and Cat meeting was for Sam to save Cat from a group of bullies trying to steal her bike.