• Advertisement

SpongeBob Universe

Ron

Guest hilaryfan80

Here's a behind-the-scenes look into SBU:

Screen%20Shot%202012-12-30%20at%204.11.06%20PM.png

A lot of the features I make on SBC require tedious work. In the picture above, I'm adding seasons to each of the episodes to the SBU database by using Excel to speed things up. :)

Guest hilaryfan80

I would like to give thanks to teenj12 and iDylan for their donations! We actually prevented an entire crisis with the release of SBU. :D

As celebration, I will give some facts about the development of SBU:

• It took me 4 hours just to get the SpongeBob Wiki working on SBU's design; nothing else, just getting it to work.
  • Downloading title cards took 3 hours of manual work to download.
  • We are spending all nighters working on SBU.
  • The design is modeled around everything being "streamlined", meaning everything flows within each other.
  • The integrated login between the entire site was the first thing developed on SBU.
  • I've had to personally learn new things about website development for SBU.
  • We are working very hard to get SBU's release 100% finished; however, if it doesn't, only minor things will be left!

And there you go. Just a day and a half left! :D

Guest hilaryfan80

I wanna be the first to sign up when it opens! :D

Actually, SBU uses your current SBC account, so you don't need to sign up again. You'll just log in with your SBC account. :D

i dont get it, is this site gonna change at all

What you are seeing right now won't change. We're are pretty much adding onto this. So basically this will become part of a big new SpongeBob website, containing this(the forums), the Wiki, the Fanon wiki, and many more cool features. :)

What you are seeing right now won't change. We're are pretty much adding onto this. So basically this will become part of a big new SpongeBob website, containing this(the forums), the Wiki, the Fanon wiki, and many more cool features. :)

Actually, what he's seeing right now WILL change. Orca 8.3 is being released for the forums along with SpongeBob Universe. :)

• Like 1