• Advertisement

Jessie (Disney series)

Clappy

Since we have a topic for just about every other Disney channel show, why not discuss this one?

Besides having the most autotuned children's theme song, this show is just awful. I'm not saying this to bash Disney channel live action shows (I admit to enjoying Austin & Ally), but this one is just not enjoyable.

The characters are the main problem with this show. We have the title character Jessie. Her sterotype is that she is from Texas who keeps on referencing that she is from the south. Get it? Well Disney abuses it beyond belief.

Emma has two sterotypes: one, she's a dumb blonde and two, she's a typical preteen, which means, texting, dating, magazines, dating, dating......Did I mention dating? Her character is a brat and they make sure they abuse her stereotypes to the point of driving it down our throats.

Luke is a sterotype with that cool guy attitude and tries to get a date with his nanny, even though it always backfires. And they make sure to reference this at least once an episode. Oh and because he is a tween boy, that means toilet humor jokes galore.

Ravi is one of the worst. His sterotyping is an offense to how actual Indians behave like. And most Indians don't behave that way. Just like Jessie, he constantly keeps on refercing that's he's from India. However actual Indians who were born there moved to America and act like it. Ravi is just meant as a comedic character and makes offensive Indian jokes that are actually cringe worthy.

Bertram is the fat butler who hates the kids and does his actual job when the parents are home. And yep, they make plenty of unfunny fat jokes at his expense and in return he makes unfunny sarcastic jokes that the laugh track finds hilarious.

Last and certainly the least, Zuri. She's actually rather ok compared to the rest but they try to hard to make her a mini Wanda Sykes that it almost makes me despise her as much of the rest. But at least she isn't as stereotypical as the rest of the characters.

I think this is my longest rant topic for a television show that I have done, but if it wasn't for Shake It Up, I would make the case that Jessie is the worst Disney Channel sitcom I have ever witnessed.

• Like 4

I'm hoping that Disney Channel gets some better writers instead of the ones they use when they need to crank out their usual bullshit. It's like it was all made at the last minute. I can't believe kids find this crap enjoyable.Or maybe I'm just a cynical asshole. But either way, Disney Channel needs to get better writers, jokes, story lines and (most of all) BETTER SHOWS. And they wonder why they have lost respect from lots of people worldwide.