• Advertisement

If SpongeBob And Sandy Actually Got Together...

Ron

If, for whatever reason, the writers decided it'd be a good idea to make Spandy canon to the show, how would you react? How do you think the other characters would react? Would you want it to be a continuous and constantly-referenced thing in every episode?

I personally think it'd be pretty nice to see, actually. :3 In Adventure Time, they have those subtle underlining plotlines (Jake and Lady Rainicorn getting together and dating, Finn going after Flame Princess), so I think this would be enjoyable to see, and could present numerous fresh ideas to the show. What do you think?

Just because Adventure Time has subtle underlining plotlines doesn't mean that SpongeBob SquarePants should have one. The show's ran since 1999 - it's 2012 now. I doubt, honestly, that SpongeBob would make Spandy canon to the TV show. Would I want it to be a continuous referenced thing in every episode? No. Maybe subtle, but IF it was introduced. I doubt that they'd make Spandy canon, remember.

Sure, it might introduce fresh ideas into the show, but do I want a happy sea sponge dating a scientist squirrel who enjoys karate and sports? Not really. Spandy has it's fans, and I won't hate on 'em, but I honestly wouldn't enjoy Spandy being introduced into the show. I really just think it should just stay an Internet thing.

IF it became canon, (I highly doubt it), I honestly would have no idea how the characters'd react. However, Squidward would probably still be really, really, unenthusiastic. I bet he'd be happy that he'll be spending more time with Sandy/his friends instead of annoying him. That's one thing I can say.

Still, moving back to the writers and Spandy. I'm sure they wouldn't introduce Spandy into the show other than put subtle references to it. I think that's as far as we're gonna get. Spandy's gonna stay a Web thing.

Unless some weird new writer comes on and decides to make it canon, but I doubt that'll happen.

(Thanks for your time~)

Putting Spandy into the show is probably something everybody wants, but doesn't actually want to happen, because it's more of a fandom thing, and it could be destroyed. I am a Spandy fan, don't get me wrong. But it's just not a good idea.

They pretty much did make it canon in the Truth or Square episode. Trust me, if the writers stay true to Steve Hillenburg's intention for an inconsequential format, which they have, that is the furthest they're ever going to get. It probably wouldn't be so bad if they hinted at it every once and a while, but we all know the only thing SpongeBob is in love with at the moment is his job, and maybe a little bubble-blowing/jellyfishing on the side.

• Like 2

Well, I actually got a sticker book and coloring book of SpongeBob, because I have that much swag. But anyways, forgetting how awesome I am, when they introduced characters in the coloring book, it said SpongeBob and Sandy were nuts for each other, with hearts all over their body. :P

Well, I actually got a sticker book and coloring book of SpongeBob, because I have that much swag. But anyways, forgetting how awesome I am, when they introduced characters in the coloring book, it said SpongeBob and Sandy were nuts for each other, with hearts all over their body. :P

I have a SB joke book and it's similar to that too. It went something like this:

"How does Sandy feel about SpongeBob?

She's nuts for him!"

Anyways I'm going to post what I almost exactly posted on SBM about Spandy:

The basis behind Spandy: Of course there will always be hints here and there. I've seen more hints lately from Sandy (House Sittin' for Sandy and Runaway Roadtrip) then I have ever seen from her. Guys, let's not forget about the hints we've already have including SpongeBob's Secret Valentine, where SpongeBob ALMOST would have confessed his crush, BUT he didn't want to ruin their friendship. I don't know, I do like actually, I LOVE Spandy now that I've been around the SpongeBob fandom and viewed old episodes of SB with Sandy with a different eye. I guess Spandy has been popular even in 2009, but I can't see them getting together really at this late time. I guess it's a possibility of a relationship if the new movie is the last adventure. The first SpongeBob movie we had didn't have much Sandy in it, so if SpongeBob and Sandy do happen to get together in the newer movie it might still make sense. SpongeBob has always been a childish show and if they had a relationship other then hints I think it could permanently damage the show. Believe me, I want this, but it's been so long and mostly everyone else might not favor this.Yes, shows like Adventure Time, RS and others have hook ups, but all these shows are of a different era. SpongeBob is apart of the older era when cartoon characters wouldn't really have relationships unless they were already in one from the start of the show. If SpongeBob decides at the end of the second movie or the last episode to make his move, well good for him. I know that this relationship could stop the homosexual ships of SpongeBob (no offense to anyone who likes SquidwardxSpongeBob or PatrickxSpongeBob, etc.) but I just can't see Spandy happen.

How would I react if it was real?: Well if it did happen, of course I would love to see them together in episodes, but I hope wouldn't take away from the rest of the show. SpongeBob is still a man-child and I would like his relationship with Sandy to be somewhat more of what it is right now.

If it was introduced, I think it could work pretty nicely. The show knows how to balance romance and comedy well (Krusty Love and Love That Squid are good examples) and I think it would be cool to see how Spongebob and Sandy handle the relationship.

If Adventure Time can do it well, why not Spongebob? It sounds like a good idea.

If it was introduced, I think it could work pretty nicely. The show knows how to balance romance and comedy well (Krusty Love and Love That Squid are good examples) and I think it would be cool to see how Spongebob and Sandy handle the relationship.

If Adventure Time can do it well, why not Spongebob? It sounds like a good idea.

Because it would virtually destroy Spongebob's character, since he's supposed to act childish. The characters in Adventure Time were designed to be permanently in love.

Because it would virtually destroy Spongebob's character, since he's supposed to act childish. The characters in Adventure Time were designed to be permanently in love.

How do you know it would virtually destroy instead of heal. Maybe Spandy could keep SpongeBob's adorable antics and get rid of his irritating antics.

Spongebob dealing with a relationship would be hilarious with his childish antics.

Patrick: Spongebob.....Do you "like like" Sandy?

Little kids deal with silly stuff like that all the time. Would be hilarious to see. :P

Spongebob dealing with a relationship would be hilarious with his childish antics.

Patrick: Spongebob.....Do you "like like" Sandy?

Little kids deal with silly stuff like that all the time. Would be hilarious to see. :P

Exactly. Imagine Pat teasing Spongebob about falling in love with Sandy. Hilarity would ensue. I would love if they got together. Still, I think Hillenburg intended for Spongebob to be a man-child who is asexual. He's too naive for love as much as I hate to say it.

Because SpongeBob isn't very continuous, I think that it would disrupt the format of the show a little. Maybe they can have it where, SpongeBob having feelings for Sandy could be a running gag type thing in episodes.

I can think of so many ways they could make it work and it would be hilarious. For example, imagine Sandy, Patrick, SpongeBob, SpongeBob's parents, and Sandy's parents going out together... so much opportunity.

And like AN said, Patrick teasing SpongeBob would be perfect. OH MY GOSH I WISH IT HAPPENED~

Maybe it would work for a little bit, but I like Spandy better when it's hinted.

Yea, this

I'd appreciate this if it was hinted more often. The last time I remember there being any reference to Spandy was in Truth or Square.

It just sucks thinking about what kinds of opportunities they're missing by not even addressing Spandy (which is obviously the largest and most prominent shipping pair of the series).

I'd appreciate this if it was hinted more often. The last time I remember there being any reference to Spandy was in Truth or Square.

It just sucks thinking about what kinds of opportunities they're missing by not even addressing Spandy (which is obviously the largest and most prominent shipping pair of the series).

I would too like it if the pairing being hinted at was a bigger part of the show. I find it kind of weird that it isn't. At least as a running gag type thing.