• Advertisement

Why Spongebob Will Never Be Loved Again

PatBack

I wanted to admit this fact for quite a while, and I'm guessing this is the perfect time; guys, I know you've been thinking about the long-awaited "Return of Spongebob" to come in order to lure older fans back, but even though that sounds great, it will never happen.

The reason why, is because, most of the viewers outside of the two main Spongebob forums that have watched Season 8 don't see a single rise in quality. I know this because of the video JJS posted. The video itself isn't why I noticed all this hatred though; it's the comments. And this is where the sad part comes in.

People actually put some Season 8 episodes to be as bad as, let's say, Pet or Pests. And they aren't even just picking the weaker ones. I've seen some who actually think The Good Krabby Name, Fiasco and even Hello Bikini Bottom are actually as bad, Some even have the guts to say Season 5 is good, while Season 8 sucks.

As a matter of fact, we're being the naive group. We think everyone at one point will start loving Spongebob again, but even when the bump in quality has started, everyone keeps on hating. And hating. Forgetting good episodes exist.

It's sad, but it is also true. Spongebob will never be loved. Ever. And it's not even because of their hatred. If they watched season 8 because we unintentionally recommended the season to them, and they think it's bad, then if we really say the show is improving, they'll ignore us. See a pattern? The same situation is mimicking The Boy Who Cried Wolf. Only the the "boy" is us, the "citizens" are the haters, and the "wolf" is increasement of quality. When it comes, no one will believe us.

Which is sad, because it basically means that it is too late for the show to become adored by old fans. Just wanted to tell you guys that. This is it.

I wouldn't say that Spongebob isn't loved anyone because many people still like it and this includes newer fans to the series. Some older fans like myself still enjoy a few of these new episodes. Sure they aren't as good as they were in the first three seasons but SB remains a comedic cartoon for the masses.

Also the title should be changed a little since it sounds somewhat insulting since you're making an analysis.

I wouldn't say that Spongebob isn't loved anyone because many people still like it and this includes newer fans to the series. Some older fans like myself still enjoy a few of these new episodes. Sure they aren't as good as they were in the first three seasons but SB remains a comedic cartoon for the masses.

Also the title should be changed a little since it sounds somewhat insulting since you're making an analysis.

Yes, it is still loved, but I'm just saying that never again will there not be a video complaining about the newer season ever again.

Also, I couldn't think of another title, that's why I used the title above.

Yes, it is still loved, but I'm just saying that never again will there not be a video complaining about the newer season ever again.

Also, I couldn't think of another title, that's why I used the title above.

The newer seasons might change this, although there has to be a return to some of the elements that made the first seasons great such as sound effects, humor, and character development,

The newer seasons might change this, although there has to be a return to some of the elements that made the first seasons great such as sound effects, humor, and character development,

Really, after reading this, the only way to lure older fans in is if the creators fully mask future episodes, because you know, whenever the fans hear anything unfamiliar to the old Spongebob, they will immediately know it is a new episode. And they'll turn the TV off.

I don't think most of MoBrosStudios' thoughts and explanations on Spongebob's quality means that nobody will be able to give any fondness or adoration with Spongebob in any future events depending on its luster. Spongebob is an example of what still seems to be building up and the writers don't usually come up with the best jokes, but of course, this all isn't to be blame.

Really, after reading this, the only way to lure older fans in is if the creators fully mask future episodes, because you know, whenever the fans hear anything unfamiliar to the old Spongebob, they will immediately know it is a new episode. And they'll turn the TV off.

There's many other shows out there that people are interested in. I don't think masking the episodes will do much since it's a matter of preference.

I don't think most of MoBrosStudios' thoughts and explanations on Spongebob's quality means that nobody will be able to give any fondness or adoration with Spongebob in any future events depending on its luster. Spongebob is an example of what still seems to be building up and the writers don't usually come up with the best jokes, but of course, this all isn't to be blame.

This isn't even directed at the video itself. The comments are what is making me lose hope.

This isn't even directed at the video itself. The comments are what is making me lose hope.

And whoever goes with the "not funny since 2003" stint is pretty much unoriginal, while all the others have different views themselves, as well as being similiar to those pre-movie lovers. Of course, Spongebob still has its fans, most of us are devoted to its fandom, including SBM, the media loves it to heck, society itself doesn't seem to have a bother with it, and I regularly don't see anybody gossip about its decreasing quality in schools and such, but that would be in due to my usual socially inept personality. I'm still in the defense of the post-movie era, the same generic complaints still bother me, but I don't think Spongebob is struggling into the worst possible quality by the next season.

I wanted to admit this fact for quite a while, and I'm guessing this is the perfect time; guys, I know you've been thinking about the long-awaited "Return of Spongebob" to come in order to lure older fans back, but even though that sounds great, it will never happen.

The reason why, is because, most of the viewers outside of the two main Spongebob forums that have watched Season 8 don't see a single rise in quality. I know this because of the video JJS posted. The video itself isn't why I noticed all this hatred though; it's the comments. And this is where the sad part comes in.

People actually put some Season 8 episodes to be as bad as, let's say, Pet or Pests. And they aren't even just picking the weaker ones. I've seen some who actually think The Good Krabby Name, Fiasco and even Hello Bikini Bottom are actually as bad, Some even have the guts to say Season 5 is good, while Season 8 sucks.

As a matter of fact, we're being the naive group. We think everyone at one point will start loving Spongebob again, but even when the bump in quality has started, everyone keeps on hating. And hating. Forgetting good episodes exist.

It's sad, but it is also true. Spongebob will never be loved. Ever. And it's not even because of their hatred. If they watched season 8 because we unintentionally recommended the season to them, and they think it's bad, then if we really say the show is improving, they'll ignore us. See a pattern? The same situation is mimicking The Boy Who Cried Wolf. Only the the "boy" is us, the "citizens" are the haters, and the "wolf" is increasement of quality. When it comes, no one will believe us.

Which is sad, because it basically means that it is too late for the show to become adored by old fans. Just wanted to tell you guys that. This is it.

I'm trying to think of a respectful way to say this, but to be blatant, everything you say here is inaccurate. Just completely and entirely wrong.

First off, The Good Krabby Name, Fiasco, and Hello Bikini Bottom are of the weaker Season 8 episode. They aren't bad, but they're FAR from being of the amazing quality I've seen in Season 8/9. You're basing this "SPONGEBOB'S NEVER GOING TO BE LOVED AGAIN, BOO HOO!" opinion piece off of one video. Everything is hated on, EVERYTHING. That video is just one black hole of negativity; I've seen tons of other YouTube videos, DeviantArt pages, Tumblr blogs, Pinterest boards, Twitter accounts, and Facebook pages with tons of supportive comments that straight out agree with the statement, "SpongeBob is going back to Season 1-3 quality."

Of course people are going to keep hating, unless we shove it down their throats and SHOW them amazing episodes like Home Sweet Rubble, Planet of the Jellyfish, The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom, Ghoul Fools, Eek! An Urchin, Sweet and Sour Squidward, InSpongeiac, Frozen Face Off, et cetera. SpongeBob Universe is going to do that, not just for the good of SBC, but for the good of the entire fandom, and I guarantee SBM will too benefit from those efforts. It's not a bad case of the boy who cried wolf; we just need to show them stellar episodes that AREN'T Fiasco, The Good Krabby Name, and Hello Bikini Bottom (I thought all three were boring and subpar).

I'm trying to think of a respectful way to say this, but to be blatant, everything you say here is inaccurate. Just completely and entirely wrong.

First off, The Good Krabby Name, Fiasco, and Hello Bikini Bottom are of the weaker Season 8 episode. They aren't bad, but they're FAR from being of the amazing quality I've seen in Season 8/9. You're basing this "SPONGEBOB'S NEVER GOING TO BE LOVED AGAIN, BOO HOO!" opinion piece off of one video. Everything is hated on, EVERYTHING. That video is just one black hole of negativity; I've seen tons of other YouTube videos, DeviantArt pages, Tumblr blogs, Pinterest boards, Twitter accounts, and Facebook pages with tons of supportive comments that straight out agree with the statement, "SpongeBob is going back to Season 1-3 quality."

Of course people are going to keep hating, unless we shove it down their throats and SHOW them amazing episodes like Home Sweet Rubble, Planet of the Jellyfish, The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom, Ghoul Fools, Eek! An Urchin, Sweet and Sour Squidward, InSpongeiac, Frozen Face Off, et cetera. SpongeBob Universe is going to do that, not just for the good of SBC, but for the good of the entire fandom, and I guarantee SBM will too benefit from those efforts. It's not a bad case of the boy who cried wolf; we just need to show them stellar episodes that AREN'T Fiasco, The Good Krabby Name, and Hello Bikini Bottom (I thought all three were boring and subpar).

1. The people saying that Fiasco, The Good Krabby Name, and Hello Bikini Bottom weren't just hating it, they were actually comparing it to real terrible episodes, such as The Splinter and Penny Foolish. What got me really mad, though, was the fact that I actually liked these episodes.

2. No where on Youtube have I found a video stating ANYTHING about "Spongebob's rise in quality", and rarely any comments about it at all. Give me the evidence if there is such thing.

3. Not all the hate is limited to that page. Heck, people actually think Season 8 is worse than Season 5. How is that not a piss-off?

4. Where are they going to watch these "stellar" episodes? I found Home Sweet Rubble on Youtube, but that's it. Not even I have watched all Season 8 episodes.

1. The people saying that Fiasco, The Good Krabby Name, and Hello Bikini Bottom weren't just hating it, they were actually comparing it to real terrible episodes, such as The Splinter and Penny Foolish. What got me really mad, though, was the fact that I actually liked these episodes.

2. No where on Youtube have I found a video stating ANYTHING about "Spongebob's rise in quality", and rarely any comments about it at all. Give me the evidence if there is such thing.

3. Not all the hate is limited to that page. Heck, people actually think Season 8 is worse than Season 5. How is that not a piss-off?

4. Where are they going to watch these "stellar" episodes? I found Home Sweet Rubble on Youtube, but that's it. Not even I have watched all Season 8 episodes.

1. Okay? They have the right to hate those, those were pretty horrible episodes.

2. You say you found Home Sweet Rubble on YouTube... look at those comments, and I'd bet you they'll be (mostly; not going to say all, because I'm sure there are stinker removes) positive.

3. WHO? You can't say 'people' and think it's somehow the majority of the fandom based off one video.

4. On SpongeBob Universe when it launches.

I'm sorry, but I got a terminoob reaction after reading this. Who cares? Who cares if older fans don't love the show any more because of their nostalgia bias? The people who like the later seasons still like it, we don't need to "shove episodes down people's throats" and force the people who hate the show to love it.

• Like 1

My comment from SBM

Okay... no no no no NO!

Lemme rephrase most of your thing and prove why I don't agree.

I know you've been thinking about the long-awaited "Return of Spongebob" to come in order to lure older fans back, but even though that sounds great, it will never happen.

First of all, how do you know? Anything can happen/ Just a few days ago, I thought I would have school today, then Hurricane Sandy ripped through out of nowhere. And if older fans keep exclaiming that it will always suck, I can't not exaggerate these two words: NOSTALGIA GOGGLES. Even if every episode churned out is like Band Geeks, these same fans who are negative nancies will just completely dismiss it as new. facepalm.gif

The reason why, is because, most of the viewers outside of the two main Spongebob forums that have watched Season 8 don't see a single rise in quality

Well if they don't see that quality rise, no offense, but they are either drunk on nostalgia or freaking ignorant. How in hell is Treats! or Eek! An Urchin at the same level as Dear Vikings?!?!?!

..... I DON'T HAVE WORDS FOR THAT facepalm.gif

Sorry, but I do not see how we are the naive group. We are taking time from our short lives just to hope this show gets better, and it has. They are naive for not admitting it!

It's sad, but it is also true. Spongebob will never be loved. Ever. And it's not even because of their hatred. If they watched season 8 because we unintentionally recommended the season to them, and they think it's bad, then if we really say the show is improving, they'll ig

nore us.

\

If they think it's bad, there are two reasons. One, NOSTALGIA GOGGLES, which is not our fault they choose to be ignorant, or they never liked the show, which is just fine. I actually prefer all out SB haters to all out new SB haters.

It's not too late. How do you think Family Guy got re-aired in 2005 after a 3 year hiatus? Sure, the difference here is like 8 years so far, but it DOESN'T MATTER! A book, The Outsiders, is from the 1960's and still famous today. But that's not my point either. My point is, it is never too late. MLP was just some kids show in the 1980's, and now even grown men love it. See, anything can happen.

Overall, you seem to have a quality I hate, Negative Nancy.

Did you ,mention 25 percent of viewers are adults with no children? No. Did you mention it's the only reason Nick doesn't cease to exist? NO. Did you mention it is currently the US's most loved TV series? NO!!!

I'm extremely sick of people losing hope in the show, TAKE THE STUPID 90'S NICKELODEON, NOSTALGIA, IN MY DAY, WHATEVER GOGGLES OFF.

facepalm.gif

And besides, WHY should we care what others think?!?! They can go be annoying somewhere else, at the end of the day, even if this show reaches the popularity of Fanboy and Chum Chum, as long as the quality is good, I will love it. IT IS THAT SIMPLE! If these "hipster 90's kids rolleyes2.gif" want to go sob about how the new SB sucks while watching old Rugrats, I don't care. If they are too close-minded to see improvement, that is their OWN fault.

I better shut my mouth before I start a fight, so I'm ending my post here.

Also, this isn't aimed at you personally, this is aimed at all people who have lost hope and all the new SB haters. If you are an all-out SB DISLIKER, not hater for actual reasons, fine, I don't mind you;

Well that was harsh. As far as I'm concerned, we still love the show. And I know a lot of people who, although not watch the show as much as they used to, still likes the show. Reminds them of their childhood. Every time they remember a golden SB moment, they laughed. Nostalgia. Although there are some who thought that it would be childish to still like this show at my age (19), which is no doubt, but not illegal. What I can assure though, is that we are rising in quality. We're not as good as s2-s3, but we're improving. The twats or cunts who hate this show can ignore our cheers, but I don't give a ::dolphin noise::.

Well that was harsh. As far as I'm concerned, we still love the show. And I know a lot of people who, although not watch the show as much as they used to, still likes the show. Reminds them of their childhood. Every time they remember a golden SB moment, they laughed. Nostalgia. Although there are some who thought that it would be childish to still like this show at my age (19), which is no doubt, but not illegal. What I can assure though, is that we are rising in quality. We're not as good as s2-s3, but we're improving. The twats or cunts who hate this show can ignore our cheers, but I don't give a ::dolphin noise::.

you're 19 wtf I thought you were 18 I'm a confused llama now.