• Advertisement

Lady Gaga

Sebby

I'm not on the right track to buy Born This Way just yet. I am waiting for one more song to convince me that I need this cd. Otherwise, I'm good with the songs I have downloaded (Born This Way and The Edge of Glory)

I'm not on the right track to buy Born This Way just yet. I am waiting for one more song to convince me that I need this cd. Otherwise, I'm good with the songs I have downloaded (Born This Way and The Edge of Glory)
I have every single downloaded so far, and I'm gonna check out BTW right now on iTunes. If I like enough songs, I'm going to buy the deluxe CD itself at Target.

I have every single downloaded so far, and I'm gonna check out BTW right now on iTunes. If I like enough songs, I'm going to buy the deluxe CD itself at Target.

I bought the Bonus Track Version on iTunes and it's soooo good. 125508.gif

My favorite song is Marry the Night. I don't know why they didn't release that as a promo single instead of Edge of Glory and Hair. 340179.gif

Haven't listened to that one yet. Will dooooo.

Did any of you little monsters see Lady Gaga Inside the Outside on MTV? 428899.gif
I refuse to be called a little monster, so I am not responding....

Btw I am downloading the rest of Born This Way. Every single track will be reviewed and my review will come soon 893573.gif

jeez, I realized I haven't posted on this thread yet! xD

Well, to me, Lady Gaga YES! As you know, I'm usually raging against the music that is coming out these days, but Lady Gaga is a great exception. Unfortunately she's misunderstood by many, calling her crazy for her style when she's just expressing herself and no caring what anybody says.

Unlike most of these new artists, she really is talented and puts her heart into her music.

Bought Born this Way last week and totally love it.

Did any of you little monsters see Lady Gaga Inside the Outside on MTV? 428899.gif

I saw it! 125508.gif It was great. I loved when she talked about the bands that inspired her to be an artist. 'course the Beatles is one of 'em, among some other great artists.

I loved to see her talk freely about her childhood and beginnings. It's amazing how humble and down to earth she seems regardless her extravagant look.

Without further ado, a track by track review by me of Born This Way with minor comments, then a summary at the end.

1. Marry The Night = 3.8/5

Be prepared to hear this comment a lot, but reminded me of 80s pop music. Started off very slow, but it started to gradually get better as the song progressed.

2. Born This Way = 4.25/5

Would have remained a 4.5 if it wasn't for the radio stations overplaying it. Great song regardless and while it does remind me of Madonna, I still love Gaga's message with the song about being proud of who you are.

3. Government Hooker = 4.75/5

The first time I heard it, I was like wtf did I just listen to. I played it again and it started to grow on me. You know what I did after that? Listened to it a third time. It would be a perfect five if it wasn't for Gaga's obvious political statements with the song. I could care less about politics in my music. Regardless, one of the best songs on the album.

4. Judas = .5/5

I literally skipped this track when I was going through the album. I disliked this song when I first heard it and I dislike it even more now. The .5 is me being generous because I don't think its a 0 worthy song. I still hate it though.

5. Americano = 2/5

Pretty boring. This song wasn't horrible, but it just bored me. When your mind starts to wonder how much longer this song is and what other songs come afterwards, never really a good sign.

6. Hair = 4/5

Thought it was boring the first time I heard it on YouTube. I liked it a lot more this time around. Just like with Born This Way, I love how Gaga is telling people to be themselves and just to be free as your hair 428899.gif. Plus I am a sucker for the saxophone. More on that later.

7. ScheiBe = 3.5/5

It does its purpose to be a fun dance song. Don't have any fond feelings about the lyrics but I liked the beat. Sometimes an awesome beat just makes a song that much better. Yet again, more on that later.

8. Bloody Mary = 2/5

Let's just call this better than Judas, but stil boring as hell. I don't care if Gaga is an atheist, but at least try to make the song interesting.

9. Bad Kids = 3/5

Roller coaster ride of a song. Yet again, Gaga goes 80s. I was entertained by portions but couldn't care about others. Average song overall, just doesn't stand out.

10. Highway Unicorn (Road To Love) = 3.75/5

Congrats on the most random title on this cd. Otherwise, I feel that it was a good song. This seriously would have been one of the best tracks, but it was just fourty seconds longer than it should have been IMO. I don't know what I would have cut out, but it just felt way too long to me =/

11. Heavy Metal Lover = 4.6/5

Obviously not the best lyrics which is only a minor complaint because I fucking loved this beat. No other track comes close to matching the beats in this song. So amazing and I would definitely be caught dancing to this song at a party/club or whatever.

12. Electric Chapel = 4.25/5

Once more, Gaga goes 80s, but unlike the previous two attempts (to me at least) this was the most successful at recreating a hit song from the 80s.

13. You and I = 4.9/5

I don't know if this is Gaga goes Country or Gaga goes Classic Rock, but this is almost the best song on the album. I could seriously see this song crossing over to the country music or the rock genre due to its classic rock vibes. Just love it!

14. The Edge of Glory = 5/5

This song has just grown on me so much the past two weeks. I love it so much and love how overplayed it is becoming on the radio because I don't think I will ever be tired of it, especially the saxophone solo. This is almost my Favorite Gaga song (cough So Happy I Could Die and Bad Romance). Even if the music video ends up being incredibly out there (wouldn't surprise me at this rate xP), I would still proclaim this song as the best on the album.

FINAL RATING - B+

Incredibly overhyped like it was expected to be, but for the most part Gaga delivers. The album gets so much better towards the end that it makes you forgive some of the failed efforts (here's to you Judas, Americano, and Bloody Mary). On the other hand, one more year until Lady Gaga re-releases Born This Way with even more tracks 428899.gif.

This review was fun in retrospect (I did this before I hurt myself for those who are wondering) and I might do this again with other albums for those who are interested. 630566.gif