• Advertisement

Wumbo's Tunes

Wumbo

Well, now that I've sufficiently covered Green Day (which doesn't mean you've seen the last of them), perhaps I should post a song from the other pioneers of pop punk: Blink-182. Blink-182 is a great band that can go from catchy and fun to soulful and meaningful in the blink of an eye (no pun intended). Let's start off with catchy and fun, shall we?

Aliens Exist - Blink-182

Drops of Jupiter is the only Train song I actually like. I really don't know much of their older stuff besides that, but all their more recent efforts I can't stand due to cheesy, mind numbing lyrics. I don't like Drive By but at least it's not as horrible as Hey Soul Sister *shudders*.

Drops of Jupiter is the only Train song I actually like. I really don't know much of their older stuff besides that, but all their more recent efforts I can't stand due to cheesy, mind numbing lyrics. I don't like Drive By but at least it's not as horrible as Hey Soul Sister *shudders*.

What about Calling All Angels, Cab or 50 Ways to Say Goodbye? IMO, those songs have lyrics that are not in the least bit corny.

What about Calling All Angels, Cab or 50 Ways to Say Goodbye? IMO, those songs have lyrics that are not in the least bit corny.

I've heard two of those three songs (never heard of Cab). You are right about Calling All Angels which I consider old school Train, but 50 Ways To Way Goodbye I'm not fond of. Granted, it's not because of the lyrics, but the mariachi music. It doesn't work for me.

This is the first, but definitely not the last, song by The Tragically Hip that will come up in this topic. Great Canadian rock band that's been at it since '87 and still going strong today. Sadly, they didn't make it internationally, as is the case with many Canadian bands, but here's hoping I can spread the word, even if it is just on a SpongeBob forum.

New Orleans Is Sinking - The Tragically Hip

And speaking of great Canadian rock bands, here's Metric. If I'm not mistaken, I believe they achieved a little international success. But even if they didn't, this band proves that success isn't everything (so does Justin Bieber, but in an opposite way).

Youth Without Youth - Metric

And in case anyone's wondering, no, I can't explain the video.

This may very well be the most misunderstood song in the history of music. People play it as a song to dance to at weddings, because it's apparently so romantic... despite the fact that it's about a stalker.

Every Breath You Take - The Police

When I was getting into music, The Killers were one of the first bands I was introduced to. And man, are they good. They have a fairly new single and, while not as good as some of their previous work, is still a solid song.

Runaways - The Killers

You know what, screw it. This is up there with Hot Fuss.

1981. The debut of MTV. Back when its name made sense, because it did, in fact, play music. And the first video they showed explained that music videos were here to stay, and they were. Video did, in fact, kill the radio star.

(Ironically, I can't find the original video. But anyway, here you go.)

Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles