• Advertisement

I think I missed this fad

terminoob

Thoughts on the winners of every season of Total Drama?

Owen: Didn't like him. Too obviously the writer's pet (confirmed to be Potenza's favorite character). I think he's annoying, his style of humor doesn't appeal to me, and he won by interference which I thought was stupid.

Duncan: Again, didn't like him. Though I'm not a teenaged girl, so that's to be expected. Beth definitely should've won like they originally planned; the vote was stupid and it was obvious no one was gonna vote for her so the writers just cheated her out of a win.

Heather: ...Again, didn't like her. I wouldn't have had a problem with her winning, but because of the team the writers put her on, the writers were backed into a corner because they couldn't have had Team Amazon lose, but because Alejandro, Sierra, and Duncan were on Team Chris, they couldn't make them lose either, so they had to get rid of Team Victory, and then alternated eliminations which I think was stupid. The teams in TDWT were unfair from the start and the writer's bias was more obvious this season than any other.

I won't spoil the TDRtoI winner for those that are deeply enthralled by it and didn't spoil themselves, but I didn't mind who won. This season I feel like there weren't many characters I disliked and the ones I did left relatively early on. The final two was probably the best thus far and I would've been content with either character winning, though if I had it my way then the runner-up would've won instead, but whatever.

fave episode & fave character of P&F?

Ferb. I really liked Roller Coaster: The Musical and Summer Belongs to You; as for a regular 11 minute episode... probably the Max Modem episode because I really liked Rocky Horror so hearing Richard O'Brien sing was awesome.

18? What do you want to do after college? Freelance, or what?

The plan would be to get in touch with my art teacher, who illustrates for DC comics. He told me before I graduated that he was talking to his employers and that they're always looking for new talent/interns, so I will (hopefully, though most probably) get a job there, and I believe I'll be able to work there until whenever I don't want to anymore, but should I get a job there I likely won't ever leave unless my plate gets too full because that's just such a steady and consistent job (and seriously; illustrate for DC? That'd be sick). My main goal is to get a show greenlit by Cartoon Network (specifically CN; Nick wouldn't greenlight it in a million years, Disney would want it too happy, it's not mature enough for FX, not crude enough for Comedy Central, and Fox is... well... Fox), have my own animation studio, do some stuff for Pixar/Disney (preferably Pixar, because that seems more prestigious and I want bragging rights too, dammit), churn out my own movies... you know, stuff like that; not necessarily in that order though (been working on a plot for a cartoon show for the past two years, one of my relatives has Pixar as one of his clients for... something he does, and I've been working on ideas for animated shorts and features, so... hopefully all this planning ahead will put me ahead of the game). I'm also in the process of making a graphic novel with a friend of mine, so I can always fall back on publishing my own stuff for cash because my brain is overflowing with ideas. If all else fails... yeah, freelance animation. I really don't want a freelance job though, because I've already mapped out so much of what I want to do and if none of that comes to fruition... I'll be lost. But I'm sure my continuing persistance at Comic-Con will make someone crack and give me a job or something.

The plan would be to get in touch with my art teacher, who illustrates for DC comics. He told me before I graduated that he was talking to his employers and that they're always looking for new talent/interns, so I will (hopefully, though most probably) get a job there, and I believe I'll be able to work there until whenever I don't want to anymore, but should I get a job there I likely won't ever leave unless my plate gets too full because that's just such a steady and consistent job (and seriously; illustrate for DC? That'd be sick). My main goal is to get a show greenlit by Cartoon Network (specifically CN; Nick wouldn't greenlight it in a million years, Disney would want it too happy, it's not mature enough for FX, not crude enough for Comedy Central, and Fox is... well... Fox), have my own animation studio, do some stuff for Pixar/Disney (preferably Pixar, because that seems more prestigious and I want bragging rights too, dammit), churn out my own movies... you know, stuff like that; not necessarily in that order though (been working on a plot for a cartoon show for the past two years, one of my relatives has Pixar as one of his clients for... something he does, and I've been working on ideas for animated shorts and features, so... hopefully all this planning ahead will put me ahead of the game). I'm also in the process of making a graphic novel with a friend of mine, so I can always fall back on publishing my own stuff for cash because my brain is overflowing with ideas. If all else fails... yeah, freelance animation. I really don't want a freelance job though, because I've already mapped out so much of what I want to do and if none of that comes to fruition... I'll be lost. But I'm sure my continuing persistance at Comic-Con will make someone crack and give me a job or something.

What got you interested in art?