• Advertisement

R.I.P Ernest Borgnine

Found out about this today. This sweet man was like a Spongey grandfather to him. R.I.P. :( I remember the first time I saw him on the documentary, I surprised that he looked just like Mermaid Man! I wonder if they will have a dedicated page to him like they did for Karate Island. They should keep making episodes with Mermaid Man because just because the voice actor dies, doesn't mean the character should as well.

We will always remember you Ernest Borgnine. :(

• Like 2

Guest hilaryfan80

For those who have Facebook, Nickelodeon made a tribute to Ernest Borgnine on the SpongeBob SquarePants page. :)

09c7798b2ae7c5bb64316bcb24ac4e9e

R.I.P. :(

Mel Blanc did the original voices for all the Looney Tunes. He was chosen (as he was the "man of 1000 voices") because budgets were small at the time. Once the Looney Tunes became the cultural sensation they did, just stopping the Looney Tunes once he died wasn't a viable option at all. It's sorta the same with this.

Ah yes, who could forget Mel Blanc's work for the early days of the Looney Tunes?

Oh, and that picture was pretty sad, Smiles.

I wonder if his death will affect episodes planned. Im guessing he is in Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up is Go!" but im not sure if they have finished that episode/done voice recordings. We might have one more mermaid man eppy

Well, since season 9 has already been partly recorded, I think we might even see MermaidMan back next year when season nine is airing!

Don't forget that sometimes we hear about an episode, and then a year later we actually see them on tv.