• Advertisement

terminoob's Sketchy-Sketchbook

terminoob

Haven't really been doing any upload-worthy stuff lately, but here's a page of inks I did recently for my inking class. My professor thinks I'm insane because I did it with just a brush.

Spoiler

Qc4GDeV.jpg

I'll have a four-page comic done in a few weeks that I'll post, and once summer hits I'll start putting up more concept work for Heroes in Ladland (with a goal of starting to post the comic itself in July).

• Like 4

-chokes up- holy crap, I am envious

Don't be. Just lose all your friends and spend 10 hours a day drawing and inking. Then you too can be like me!

I did this thing for drawing class. I'm gonna start tweaking it over the weekend - fix some perspective things and add detail to the buildings.

Spoiler

ILeSJJk.jpg

• Like 1

Don't be. Just lose all your friends and spend 10 hours a day drawing and inking. Then you too can be like me!

I did this thing for drawing class. I'm gonna start tweaking it over the weekend - fix some perspective things and add detail to the buildings.

Spoiler

ILeSJJk.jpg

I already draw like 5 hrs a day, I'm almost there. :D

This is lowkey the best topic on the entire site. Everytime I come in here I either learn something new or am actually like inspired to draw more, just like wow. Always great stuff.

How in the FUCK did you go from that 4-year old stuff to the stuff you were drawing in even 2012 because the improvement is immeasurable

• Like 1

This is lowkey the best topic on the entire site. Everytime I come in here I either learn something new or am actually like inspired to draw more, just like wow. Always great stuff.

How in the FUCK did you go from that 4-year old stuff to the stuff you were drawing in even 2012 because the improvement is immeasurable

I spent the last couple days thinking about how to respond to this but I couldn't think of anything so I hope you'll be okay with just a measly like for being so nice.

Also, on improving: My high school has one of the worst art departments in my state so when I was in high school I wasn't getting any real help on how to draw well - I don't think there was any kind of difference between me in 7th grade and me as a Junior because of that. When I went to MassArt's summer program between Junior and Senior year I had this super intense observational drawing professor and he pretty much changed everything around for me. He was the first person that gave me actual instructions and actually taught me how to draw. Over the course of a summer I forgot everything I knew and then relearned how to draw starting with the fundamentals. When Senior year started I just kept drawing because I actually knew how to draw this time, and now we're here. Ta-da.

• Like 2

Should probably post some recent stuff, I guess.

Relatively slow day at Macy's. I was the only one working my department, so I cleaned everything when I first got there this morning so I could dick around for the rest of my shift. Ended up doing like ten of these on receipt paper in between customers but I only liked three of them (and I don't totally love these either).

Spoiler

YXl6hBv.jpg?1

YZ844Vp.jpg?1

ABEgXj8.jpg?1

Should probably do real art soon or something. Maybe tomorrow night.

• Like 3

Part of me is much happier with this pass, but another part of me can't stop thinking I copied like five different artists.

Spoiler

LbMlNkJ.jpg?2

Also did two passes at some old dude. Went in two totally different directions and I'm still not totally sure which I like better. Maybe I'll do a third one later and mix the two styles.

Spoiler

xXud8wf.jpg

FkCKSlW.jpg?1

• Like 1