• Advertisement

Non-Canon Episodes/Moments

Jjs Goodman

What episodes or moments in the seasons do you not count as non-canon?

For those of you who have no idea what "non-canon" means, it means something that doesn't feel like it takes place in the show, or just screws with what the creators have said. A prime example of this is say a character being out of character in an episode, that could be considered not canon. I can name a few..

Pet or Pests? - How does Larry not know who SpongeBob is?

Stanley S. SquarePants - Stephen Hillenburg once said SpongeBob is the only square-headed sponge in the sea.

Oh, and for the love of Neptune, do not say "all of the post-movie episodes". Let's try to have an intelligent conversation.

Spongebob Vs. the Big One: (the pieces of dialogue may not be accurate, but still...)

Mr. Krabs: Ah! The Flying Dutchman!

Flying Dutchman: Ah! A guy I've never seen before!

Home Sweet Rubble: For me, this episode was worthy to scratch my head for. By the fact that it feels as if the existance of Spongebob's pineapple home is non-canon for the usage of the pineapple in the can. Also, I usually thought that the pineapple home doesn't usually rot, from what I read from some sources.

(Btw, I want to clear something up: Just because something is non-canon doesn't mean you have to dislike the episode, you can still like it)

MermaidMan Begins: The origin story kind of contradicts one of the older comics.

A Pal for Gary: SpongeBob's stupidity was really out of character.

Are You Happy Now?: Squidward has had happiest memories before.

The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom: Mr. Krabs being able to breathe in Sandy's tree dome.

Oral Report: Didn't SpongeBob give a speech in Hall Monitor?

One Coarse Meal: Plankton wasn't scared of Pearl in The Algae's Always Greener.

This is one that has bothered me for a while:

SpongeHenge: When SpongeBob goes back to the KK to find it buried in sand over time, I feel like the ending makes no sense if they were showing he was gone for years.

Drive Thru-Mr. Krabs built a drive-thru in "Driven to Tears" and not with cheap or budget material.

Love That Squid-Squidward wasn't nervous around Patrick's alter ego in "That's No Lady".