• Advertisement

Toontown

Cha

Toontown is a multiplayer game where players can create toons of different animals and fight off evil robots called "Cogs". I use to play this for a year or so back in 2009. My first user was Piggy Pig, I believe.

I remember when I used to play this back in like 05. I though it would be a lot of fun. It was for the most part. Defeating cogs was fun, but the mini games were even better and the best part of it. But you had to pay for a lot of the in-game features such as games, worlds, and more upgraded weapons to defeat cogs and it was a total ripoff!!!!!!! I literally couldn't afford anything. Meaning my parents of course (lol). It was all too expensive and without them, you basically were very limited as to how much you could do in the game. Because I couldn't buy anything, the appeal easily died down quickly and it got boring after awhile because all I ended up doing was walking around the same old town defeating cogs boring myself to death not being able to go to any other place.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed defeating cogs. That was the main elemental feature of the game, and I had a total blast using different weapons such as pies, waterguns, and more crazy stuff. It was awesome. But because I didn't have the money to pay for jack squat, that's ALL I ended up doing over and over again. Nothing else. I think there were only a select few number of mini games that were already free in the game, and those were kick butt. They were one of the most awesome things I have ever played. But I think the majority of them you had to pay for, and like I said, I couldn't afford to buy them so I could hardly ever play them. Either that or you had to unlock them and it was too hard or would take too long.If I was able to play more mini games along with defeating cogs, then there would be a whole lot more variety. But no.

There WAS this one other thing where I went fishing in the pond to earn some fake toon cash or something which I could use to purchase a pet fish. That was kinda nice to change things up. If only I had the money. And If only I still did now, which I don't :( Oh well. My character's name was Master Blinky Poppennugget. HAHAHAHA. I forgot what he looked like, but it was nothing too extraordinary or over the top advanced, unique, or creative. Just your standard looking cartoon dressed up in clothes as all. Or atleast I think (lol). But I'll tell you this, the thing I hated most about this game is that when you get defeated by cogs and reach zero health, your character becomes sad with its ears down and the music changes drastically. That made me feel so depressed, and lonely and made me want to shut off and uninstall the game. It just made me too sad I couldn't handle it.

I also liked that you were given the ability to make friends in toontown and add them to your friends list and go visit their house sometime, and when needed, help them with something they need as one of your tasks and/or missions that you are given and have to complete. That was a cool and unique feature that felt absolutely necessary to make the game feel complete. Without it, it might have seemed too empty and would make you feel lonely because you wouldn't have any interaction with any other characters. I like the fact that you are given missions to complete because that's really what gives the game purpose. WIthout them, the game would be like nothing. lol. Overall, toontown was great at first but then lost its charm and entertainment value as you soon learned that you had to buy most things in the game.