• Advertisement

The Garfield Show

Shark Tale

Spongedude121 said:
Personally, I think Garfield and Friends is much better and more memorable.

This. I have watched a couple episodes of The Garfield Show though and it's nothing special.

On February 20, 2016 at 11:46 AM, Fred Rechid said:

This is the unfunniest incarnation of Garfield like ever.

Even the movies were funnier than this.

I wouldn't go that far, but then again I loathe the movies as much as Garfield loathes Monday's.

That aside, this edition of Garfield was seriously nothing.  Like nothing memorable at all.  I would go multiple episodes without even cracking a smile.  Absolutely worthless series...although there were a few episodes where we finally find out what happened to Lyman.

Never forget Lyman.

3 hours ago, Clappy said:

I wouldn't go that far, but then again I loathe the movies as much as Garfield loathes Monday's.

That aside, this edition of Garfield was seriously nothing.  Like nothing memorable at all.  I would go multiple episodes without even cracking a smile.  Absolutely worthless series...although there were a few episodes where we finally find out what happened to Lyman.

Never forget Lyman.

Fair enough. The movies are really bad, but they're still an inch better than this show IMO.

By the way, here's woahwoah's review of it if you want a good laugh.

Spoiler

CN must really be on crack.

What were they thinking?They ruined one of the best comics of all time,and turned it into crack.Every character has Narrate everything.Like in one episode,Jon sended a video of Garfield and he was like "I just sent a video of you misbehaving".And then later,when Garfield was on tv,people are like "Why is that cat bad?" "Yeah,I thought they made him good".Come on!I can see it.Don't describe it in words!I seriously hate it.I don't even laugh once!The spoofs are stupid,the plots are boring,and everything is stupid.That's an F.
Score:
Animmation:Stupid.It's Garfield.
Humor:Has zero humor.
Spoofs:Totally stupid.Like in one episode,they ripped off The Weakest Link and called it The Weakest Brain.
Music:Stupid.
Theme:It's Garfield,NOT BENNY HILL!
Anyways,it's stupid.MOVE ON!

I kinda want to see the episode he's talking about.

There are TWO things this version of "Garfield" got right that the late 1980's - early 1990's version doesn't; Nermal FINALLY sounds like a guy instead of a girl, and the mouths of the animals that talk, actually MOVE! :cool: Enough said! ;)

21 minutes ago, 4EverGreen said:

Nermal FINALLY sounds like a guy instead of a girl, and the mouths of the animals that talk, actually MOVE! :cool: Enough said! ;)

In fairness...

1) I think the more girlish voice emphasized Nermal's "cute" aspect

2) I always interpreted it like the comics did - they're not actually talking, we're just getting their inner thoughts.

Enough said! ;)