• Advertisement

Japan Tsunami

Steel Sponge

I couldn't take it anymore. It was all over the news, I'm 50% concerned because it's going to hit the Californian beaches, and guess WHO is in that "threatened" state? A 8.9 magnitude earthquake hit Japan, causing a 23 foot tsunami to hit. Right now it's going to hit Hawaii.

All this was enough to create a discussion thread for this.

Oh my god...I heard about this. =/ It's just SO sad about not just this earthquake, but the so many big earthquakes that have hit in the last month.
You live in California. But I guess not on the coast, so yeah.

At this time, I have heard that it hit Hawaii and it hit Oregon. Don't know if its reached California or Washington yet.

My aunt and uncle were celebrating their anniversary in Hawaii and I just got a call from my grandparents saying that they heard from them. They are safe and are inside a bank right now with a bunch of other evacuated people.

Regardless, this story is really depressing and I hope all you members on the pacific coast are okay.

This is starting to be scary, all these earthquakes and natural disasters :S

My prayings go to all the victims, I saw that there's an approximate of 400 deaths so far 305752.gif I sure hope the number doesn't go up too high.

Guest hilaryfan80

The news about this was spreading throughout our school today. Unfortunately, it's something that cannot be prevented, and all we can do is feel sorry. But in the words of a philosopher, "We watch news at dinner, see a horrible tragedy, think 'That's too bad!', and continue eating dinner."

There seems to be a Facebook fad with supporting Japan -- it's basically putting this as your profile picture: http://goo.gl/simdP

This is starting to be scary, all these earthquakes and natural disasters :S

My prayings go to all the victims, I saw that there's an approximate of 400 deaths so far 305752.gif I sure hope the number doesn't go up too high.

Not sure if it's true, but I heard Japan currently has about 1,000 deaths with the earthquake and tsunami combined. It's tragic. 305752.gif

^dude, don't even say that! D: (you forgot that Chile got an earthquake in 2010 too 305752.gif)

And now the radiation problems, my gosh :S

What Jelly said. Think positive.

My heart just goes out to those people...my science teacher showed us footage from the tsunami...houses were swept off their bases. A metal bar that was holding a car back just, like, flew off and the car tipped over. Not only are the buildings dangerous, but the water is dangerous. The speeds, and also because of the things floating in it. Think of all the glass, metal, etc. floating around in there...