• Advertisement

Clappy Was Here

Clappy

On 1/14/2018 at 9:08 PM, Midge Maisel said:

I was just trying to post the why you ackin so cray cry vid from Gravity Falls because you said "the cray cray flu" in response to Omair and mobile quoted Ren's name in the quote instead of yours and now I'm embarrassed? :bruh: 

No need to be.  Mistakes happen lmao. :bruh: 

On 1/18/2018 at 10:53 AM, Midge Maisel said:

Sorry I just get embarrassed very easily? :Laugh: 

No need to apologize mang. :P 

On 1/18/2018 at 11:37 AM, E.V.I.L said:

Tag yourself I'm that tree where the snow melts underneath it due to the sciene of sunlight and sublimation? :Laugh:

Lmao sorry but I can seriously picture you tagging yourself as that on social media. :Laugh:

8 hours ago, Wumbo said:

Thoughts on Todd's best list?

Want to dive deeper into my spoiled thoughts but I’ll just say that his best list was ten times better than his worst list.

3 hours ago, E.V.I.L said:

Congrats on the blowout :funny:

Thanks!  Much to Trophy’s dismay, I wasn’t surprised by the end results.  Even though I still can’t believe how right I was about the game. :Laugh:

2 hours ago, Midge Maisel said:

Have you started watching my show yet? :funny: 

Not yet.  We are finishing up Brooklyn Nine Nine first because I got her to try the show and now she’s hooked. :funny: 

1 hour ago, Wumbo said:

Spoil away in spoiler tags because I've seen it too? :funny:

Well...

1 hour ago, Midge Maisel said:

Oh btw you can do spoiler tags on mobile by typing [ spoiler ] insert text here [ / spoiler ] but without the spaces?

...thanks to Kat’s help, here goes nothing:

10 - Post Malone is awful, but even though my thoughts have worsened for rockstar since my initial ranking, I still feel as strongly as I have for Congratulations.

9 - Glad to see Todd likes Chained to the Rhythm too.  That groove is so good for me to not hate.

8 - I think the song is fine and I’m sick of Drake too.  But Todd is right that his songs about his relationship drama still provides interesting material.

7 - That preamble about Todd being as predictable as the Grammys got a damn good laugh from me.

6 - I definitely agree that Praying is a good song and at the same time, tough to listen to multiple times.

5 - So much for Todd not giving Ed Sheeran shit ever again, which has been the broken mantra of his for 2017.  Agree it’s still a very good song but I’m sick of it.  Damn you work playlist.

4 - I still am not a fan of Frank Ocean’s part being so offtempo from everything else but yeah everything else is very good.

3 - Now here’s where I disagree.  That baseline is indeed very good, damn great even.  But Attention is still a whiny as hell song to me.  I get where Todd is coming from so he at least did a good job explaining why he likes it so much.  I just disagree.

2 - He likes ripoffs?  Besides 24K Magic, I can’t think of a single time he stood up for a song ripping off another.  As a matter of fact, I can think of a time he placed a song on his worst list for being the same damn song (50 Ways to Say Goodbye).  Yeah I call bullshit on this pick, although the “I hate you all” line made for some good laughs.

HM:

-Not going to directly comment on these picks but I just wanted to emphasize how big of a grower XO Tour Llif3 is for myself too.  It took nearly the whole year but I like it.  Bump it up ten spots or more on my full rankings list.

1 - As soon as I heard that preamble about what classifies to Todd as a hit, I immediately groaned because I knew he was going to pick something not on that year end list again.  I know it’s been five years since he first incorporated that rule, but it’s lame.

I was disappointed with Green Light when I first heard it, but I admit that I like it a lot now more in context with the rest of Lorde’s new album.  I wouldn’t be surprised if she never gets a hit song ever again, she’s too good for mainstream Top 40 music.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Captain Spongetron said:

What do you think of this Portugal. The Man guy?

That they are a band and not just one guy. :P

I actually saw them perform like ten years before they made it big at a small local gig in Richmond.  Can’t say I kept up with their discography regularly but I like them.  Even the biggest hit they’ll ever have is a great song that is insanely catchy.

12 hours ago, E.V.I.L said:

You are the only persom who called an Eagles blowout :Laugh: A win could have been doable but that blowout man

What can I say?  I have that much faith in my team since they are basking in their underdog status, despite having the best regular season record in 2017. :Laugh: 

I told myself last year I would make more of an effort to try and see all of the Best Picture nominees before the Oscars but I kinda don't feel like watching Darkest Hour or Three Billboards? :Laugh: 

On 1/23/2018 at 10:06 AM, Midge Maisel said:

I told myself last year I would make more of an effort to try and see all of the Best Picture nominees before the Oscars but I kinda don't feel like watching Darkest Hour or Three Billboards? :Laugh: 

Honestly, for as much as the rest of the movie didn’t wow me because it was so by the numbers for a biographical prestige flick, it’s worth checking out for Gary Oldman’s great Winston Churchill impression.

That being said, I don’t want to say Three Billboards sucked, but it’s not a good movie.  Very overrated and you know I don’t like using that word.  That’s how much I’m not a fan of it.

On 1/23/2018 at 2:03 PM, E.V.I.L said:

Eagles before 2017: laughing stock

Eagles 2017 onwards: taking that laughing stock and turning it into the most gourmet chicken stock ever made, its so tasty that even Gordon himself <3s it

I wish I could like this post again and again. :wub: 

On 1/23/2018 at 3:28 PM, Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick said:

I haven’t spoken to you in 84 years. How are you? :funny:

I’ve been waiting to hear from you for nearly a lifetime, otherwise pretty solid!  Busy with work and life, what’s new with you man?