• Advertisement

146. The Abrasive Side / Earworm

Karen

Did anybody record these episodes and has a private Youtube Link or something? If so, could you please PM me? Thanks a lot. Never got to see these two.

http://spongebob.nick.com/videos/play/ear-worm-full/

http://spongebob.nick.com/videos/play/abrasive-side-full/

It's not Youtube, but it is better than nothing.

Abrasive Side: Pretty funny. Badass (or Abrasive, as you might call him) SpongeBob was a personality I'd like to see more of in a special or something. And as a bonus, Sandy had a major role, which is good in my book. 8.5/10

Earworm: Good, but somewhat annoying. The song was the kinda annoying thing. Other than that, it was cute. And, of course, a certain squirrel finally gets more screentime than usual. 125508.gif 7/10

Ear Worm: Was really funny, liked seeing Sandy in this one, and it had an original plot to it. Poor Squid-ward at the end getting the Ear Worm! And that musical Doodle Song is catchy!

9/10

The Abrasive Side: Great episode besides a couple boring parts. The Mr. Krab's Dictionary skit in the middle was hilarious.

8.5/10

Edited by jjsthekid

i loved both episodes equally well.

Abrasive Side:

very unique and creative episode. but the idea of it seems so obvious that it seems like they should have thought of this and written this episode earlier, like in season 4. i liked how everyone needed spongebob's help and he couldn't make it on the bus to glove world so he created an abrasive side. the abrasive side was kind of a jerk, but hey, that's what spongebob needed because he is too soft and doesn't know how to say no. that's why he got his abrasive side. and that's what made this episode funny. this episode was fresh, but did not feel classic. overall, i give it a 10/10.

Earworm:

now this episode was fresh and also felt classic. the tune really was catchy and as sad as it may seem, this is not an episode you can watch more than twice because musical doodle will get stuck in your head. musical doodle is one of my favorite spongebob songs. my favorite part was the end where sandy, squidward, and mr krabs tried to sing a different tune to get the earworm out of spongebob's head. that part felt season 1-3 classic. and then i also loved when squidward got the earworm too now because of his clarinet. i liked how they made the earworm an actual worm when earworm really means that a song just plays compulsively in a person's head and doesn't go away. so i liked how they took advantage of the coincidence and made a real worm out of "earworm" as a joke. i was surprised, however, that squidward's clarinet actually worked on him, because usually in previous episodes, squidward's clarinet playing is bad and people find it so annoying. weird. overall, an awesome, noteworthy, decent, memorable, and unforgettable episode from season 7. i give it a 10/10.

Earworm: I caught the episode today and I really liked it. The song got annoying, but towards the end, the episode got funny. Plus it was nice to see all of the main characters involved.

The Abrasive Side: Another great season 7 episode. ı really liked the idea of this episdode and this episode was very funny. There were no flaws in this episode, except SpongeBob being mean to his Grandma and the ending. I lowered my score because of these flaws but It's still a great episode. Some parts were funny in this episode like most of Abrasive SpongeBob's lines, SpongeBob saying "No" to Pearl and then Pearl starting crying, Squidward saying "You don't know how long I have waited to hear those words", Disapper-Rator zapping Sandy's head and then Sandy's head disappearing and Mr. Krabs learning the meaning of overtime. Another season 7 episode that I loved and I recommend this episode. 9/10

Earworm: It used to be my favorite season 7 episode until I've seen better season 7 episodes than this but It's still one of my favorite season 7 episodes and I thought this episode was better than "The Abrasive Side" episode. I really liked the idea of SpongeBob getting a earworm and Musical Doodle song, Sandy's Western song and Mr. Krabs song were very catchy. This episode wasn't funny in my opinion but there were a few funny parts like Mr. Krabs saying "All right boys, time to go ho-" and then Squidward running out and saying "FREEDOM", SpongeBob annoying the customers, SpongeBob going crazy and the ending. I can understand why some people thought this episode was annoying but I didn't think. In my opinion, this episode was very enjoyable. 10/10