• Advertisement

146. The Abrasive Side / Earworm

Karen

Discuss these 2 new episodes that will air Saturday, November 27th at 9:30 AM. Both can already be watched on Spongebob.com as a full episode, give credit to jjsthekid and storytime for posting the episode links which are:

http://spongebob.nic.../ear-worm-full/

http://spongebob.nic...sive-side-full/

Post your thoughts about the episodes here.

Despite the fact Loan has left, Unlocked.

But remember, you can watch them online if you don't want to wait, even though they air shortly. ;

Onto the Review:

The Abrasive Side

* Yay, Glove World is back (I know it returns in Tunnel of Glove as well).

* I like the concept of choosing the Right Choice.

* Grandma returns as well.

* Didn't need to see that..

* Sort of reminded me of Walking Small since Spongebob was trying to say No in that as well.

* Poor Grandma.

* I thought Mr. Krabs knew what Overtime meant, since that was mentioned in older episodes?

* Another contuinity reference with Spongebob saying," I wouldn't hang out with you for all the money in Krab's Mattress!"

* The Abrasive Side of Spongebob sure is an Ass. Reminds me of bullies at school.

* Can't he take it off?

* That is going to leave a mark.

* I laughed at Grandma's Abrasive Side.

Grade: B

(Off-Topic: Hell Yes, Power Rangers!)

Earworm

* I have to say, the song is pretty catchy. Now I have it stuck in my head..

* Run, Squidward!

* Musical Doodle needs to be turned off.

* Gary has everything under his shell.

* Musical Doodle has taken over the sea.

* I liked how Spongebob's teeth was a Radio.

* No Onions! The old fish made be chuckle a bit.

* Tape your mouth shut Spongebob.

* Bye Bye, Spongebob.

* The lyrics are starting to make me thing this song is programed to be stuck in your head..

* So they included both versions of an Earworm. A Song Earworm and a real Worm stuck in an Ear.

* Next.

* I just knew the Earworm would leave because of Squidward's Clarinet.

* ..But it isn't gone yet!

Grade: B

Overall: B

The Abrasive Side

This episode was great the jokes were fresh and I loved that they had lots of call backs to older episodes (Grandma - Grandma's Kisses, Glove World - Rock Bottom, "I Wouldn't hang out with you for all the money in Krabs' mattress" - The Lost Mattress) The plot was fresh as with many other season 7 episodes, I found it to be sort of like Overbooked but they managed to change it. Everyone was in character and I found Mr Krabs to be surprisingly funny in this episode. So it's a great episode that has great characterization, jokes and something we don't usually see in Spongebob: continuity. I thought the ending although predictable was quite funny.

Score for The Abrasive Side: B+, 4/5, 8.5/10, Amazing

Earworm

This one was kind of a let down, It wasn't bad I just thought it lacked something. The song was catchy (I found myself humming it) but I did think that after Spongebob got the song stuck in his head the writers couldn't think of an idea for the ending so they just introduced a real "Earworm". The ending was quite good but still the episode wasn't that great. I liked that they had Sandy (In both episodes) and she played quite a big roll. So it was not bad not great just a fairly average/good episode from the seventh season.

Score for Earworm: B-, 3.5/5, 7/10, Good

My favorite of the two would have to be "The Abrasive Side." Just seeing what SpongeBob's mean abrasive side had to say to people was hilarious, especially when Mr. Krabs freaked out over the word "overtime."

"Earworm" was a good episode too. I was singing the "Musical Doodle" song while I was sweeping the patio today. I guess trying to fight it IS futile. 428899.gif

Alright, my offical R&R!

The Abrasive Side

Hilarious! There were plenty fresh jokes in this episode. Probably the best episode of Season 7 so far. Mr. Krabs freaking out over "overtime" had me cracking up. I also like the twist in the end where Grandma Squarepants gets an abrasive side. A+, 10/10

Earworm

I like this episode just because the song is catchy. xD This featured less jokes, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. I like how Sandy shows up in the end to help Squidward, Mr. Krabs, and Patrick rid Spongebob of his obsession over the song. Sandy's song is the best out of all of the ones they sang. XD A-, 8/10

Alright, my offical R&R!

The Abrasive Side

Hilarious! There were plenty fresh jokes in this episode. Probably the best episode of Season 8 so far. Mr. Krabs freaking out over "overtime" had me cracking up. I also like the twist in the end where Grandma Squarepants gets an abrasive side. A+, 10/10

Earworm

I like this episode just because the song is catchy. xD This featured less jokes, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. I like how Sandy shows up in the end to help Squidward, Mr. Krabs, and Patrick rid Spongebob of his obsession over the song. Sandy's song is the best out of all of the ones they sang. XD A-, 8/10

Okay. Season 8 hasn't started yet. And I thought you said you liked Earworm more than TAS.

I liked both episodes, but I think The Abrasive Side was better. Earworm was good, but kind of strange.
Earworm is probably my second favorite episode ever at the moment.

Resistance is futile... ÔÖ½