• Advertisement

The Orville (or as I'd like to call it: Seth MacFarlane's Star Trek)

BoJack Horseman

Even with seeing the trailer I can tell this show is such a rip off Star Trek or maybe parody of Star Trek? Nevertheless the visuals looks incredibly good, it shouldn't be surprising since it's from director of Iron Man but really they must have spent tons of cash for the visuals. Action scenes look dope as well. 

My problem for this is that once again it's a typical Seth MacFarlane comedy. The jokes didn't make me smile once in this trailer. So I really wanna see how will first episode play out but if it's not funny, then I'm out.

• Like 1

You know what?  I legitimately feel bad for this series.  The concept of a comedic version of Star Trek is a hilarious one.  If this was in the hands of anyone else besides the current anti-comedic vacuum that is Seth MacFarlane, then it would be fantastic.  With Seth having his hands all over it creatively, I give this next to no shot of it being any good.

• Like 1

I totally agree with Claps but with the actual new Star Trek series coming out soon, feels like too much. Trailer looked decent surprisingly, but who knows what lies beyond it. I hope it can make an identity of itself rather than just being seth directing a Star Trek show. 

• Like 1