• Advertisement

Paramore

Katniss

Probably one of my favorite bands ever. They were one of my gateways into rock music in general back in 2007 so they'll always have a special place in my heart. I'm stoked that Zac Farro is drumming with the band again and am looking forward to album 5 :D

• Like 2

Oh boy, all the times I unfairly bashed this band in the past, I'm gonna say it.

As the times have changed, I'm curious about their music. Not even gonna lie. I still hate Ain't It Fun but I really unfairly judged them. I'm really curious about their older stuff, and I'm willing to give it a shot in the future. In the future by the fact that I have so many albums I have to get to right now it's insane.

Gonna say one thing and that's if I get into them I doubt Hayley Williams will be as awesome as a front woman as Karen O. But then again that's my Yeah Yeah Yeahs fanatic showing (even if Karen is my pfp) and I should stfu. But I really did judge them unfairly in the past and considering that I quite like pop punk now I could see myself at least liking them. See what happened to me with MCR, it's the same thing. I used to bash them for no reason in the past, than I realized that I should change my mind and gave them a chance, now they're one of my favorite bands. But yeah, I'm so fucking sorry to everyone who had to suffer my dumb, close minded, pretentious music ideology when I was in the eighth/ninth grade.

But yeah, I'm intrigued in this band. The album I want to listen to is Riot, but as I said, it's gonna be a while until I get to that because I have so much shit I want to listen to.

Edited by CyanideFishbone

7 minutes ago, CyanideFishbone said:

Oh boy, all the times I unfairly bashed this band in the past, I'm gonna say it.

As the times have changed, I'm curious about their music. Not even gonna lie. I still hate Ain't It Fun but I really unfairly judged them. I'm really curious about their older stuff, and I'm willing to give it a shot in the future. In the future by the fact that I have so many albums I have to get to right now it's insane.

Gonna say one thing and that's if I get into them I doubt Hayley Williams will be as awesome as a front woman as Karen O. But then again that's my Yeah Yeah Yeahs fanatic showing (even if Karen is my pfp) and I should stfu. But I really did judge them unfairly in the past and considering that I quite like pop punk now I could see myself at least liking them. See what happened to me with MCR, it's the same thing. I used to bash them for no reason in the past, than I realized that I should change my mind and gave them a chance, now they're one of my favorite bands. But yeah, I'm so fucking sorry to everyone who had to suffer my dumb, close minded, pretentious music ideology when I was in the eighth/ninth grade.

But yeah, I'm intrigued in this band. The album I want to listen to is Riot, but as I said, it's gonna be a while until I get to that because I have so much shit I want to listen to.

Karen O is one of my queens tbh

But yeah I'm glad you're more open to giving the band a chance. All We Know is Falling and Riot! are definitely more pop-punkish so hopefully you'll enjoy those albums.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Karen O is one of my queens tbh

But yeah I'm glad you're more open to giving the band a chance. All We Know is Falling and Riot! are definitely more pop-punkish so hopefully you'll enjoy those albums.

I really hope I do

(Surprised I haven't started discussing about this band in this thread until now.)

I really dig Paramore. Apparently, I've been into them a lot earlier than Fall Out Boy and Panic! at the Disco. I don't know when to expect their next album to come out, but I can't wait. It should be intriguing, especially with the return of Zac and Jeremy's leave.

I thought I made a topic for this group years ago?  Weird that I try searching for it and it doesn't show up because I know it exists out there somewhere.  I wouldn't allow a topic for one of my favorite groups for this many years.

Regardless, don't know if any of you have heard their new song yet but it's definitely different from their normal output...yet I still like it a lot.

1 minute ago, Clappy said:

I thought I made a topic for this group years ago?  Weird that I try searching for it and it doesn't show up because I know it exists out there somewhere.  I wouldn't allow a topic for one of my favorite groups for this many years.

Regardless, don't know if any of you have heard their new song yet but it's definitely different from their normal output...yet I still like it a lot.

Yeah I couldn't find it with search, but if a mod or admin happens to find it then just emerge the topics :P 

Hard Times is such a fun song; it's different in a good way. And I can't believe we're getting the new album next month...so soon!

Did any of y'all listen to their latest album (After Laughter) yet? I've only heard it once, admittedly, but I can dig their new sound. It's very synthpop and new wave inspired which isn't a bad thing at all imo. And I like the contrast between the upbeat instrumentals and sadder, profound lyrics. It probably won't be for everyone, especially those who prefer their earlier music, but it's not bad.

Here's how I've ranked their previous albums after some thinking:

Paramore 

Brand New Eyes

RIOT!

All We Know Is Falling 

Not exactly sure where to put AL, might have to listen to it a few more times first. 

Yeah apparently that new record is great. Heard a lot of good stuff about it.

If I were to get into Paramore I was wondering which album to start with.... I was thinking either Riot or Brand New Eyes. I'll probably end up starting with Riot more because it interests me more, but I'm still pretty interested in Brand New Eyes.

Edited by CyanideFishbone

17 minutes ago, CyanideFishbone said:

Yeah apparently that new record is great. Heard a lot of good stuff about it.

If I were to get into Paramore I was wondering which album to start with.... I was thinking either Riot or Brand New Eyes. I'll probably end up starting with Riot more because it interests me more, but I'm still pretty interested in Brand New Eyes.

Riot was the album that got me into Paramore (which was 10 years ago...holy crap). I know "Misery Business" is their signature song from that album but pretty much every song off it is good imo

• Like 2

God the phrase "Never judge a book by it's cover" applies here than probably more than it ever could be. 

After harping on them for so long because a lot of shitty ranters I used to watch used to harp on them, I really opened up to the band when I got into Yeah Yeah Yeahs last November and really realized just how much I love frontwomen in rock bands and realized that I never gave this band a real chance. I listened to Riot! last night and fucking loved it. I know it's late from November, but god I fucking loved it. The thing I harped on the band wrongfully for, Williams's vocals, was probably my favorite thing. Her vocals were great and fit the high energy music of the album. But yeah, great shit and I'm gonna check out Brand New Eyes soon.

5 minutes ago, CyanideFishbone said:

God the phrase "Never judge a book by it's cover" applies here than probably more than it ever could be. 

After harping on them for so long because a lot of shitty ranters I used to watch used to harp on them, I really opened up to the band when I got into Yeah Yeah Yeahs last November and really realized just how much I love frontwomen in rock bands and realized that I never gave this band a real chance. I listened to Riot! last night and fucking loved it. I know it's late from November, but god I fucking loved it. The thing I harped on the band wrongfully for, Williams's vocals, was probably my favorite thing. Her vocals were great and fit the high energy music of the album. But yeah, great shit and I'm gonna check out Brand New Eyes soon.

Glad to hear you liked it. What were your favorite tracks?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katniss said:

Glad to hear you liked it. What were your favorite tracks?

-Misery Business of course, that song is such a goddamn banger

-For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic

-Crushcrushcrush

-Let The Flames Begin

-When It Rains

I like it all though

• Like 1