• Advertisement

THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS/Fast & Furiosa aka Fast & Furious 8

kev

...Studios need to stop this "teaser trailer" trend and release the god dang full trailer.

I'm beyond stoked for this. Lmao they actually went with the "F8" thing. The title is so stupid and I love it.

Edited by Forest

KILL TRAILER TEASES NOW!

Wow, not gonna lie, despite me wanting this franchise to end cuz it wouldn't be same without Paul Walker :(, this looks very stupid in a fun way. I could watch this, depends on how the actual trailer turns out. After all, I never found third and forth movie to be bad movies :funny: 

I'm on the fence.  I wouldn't mind another Fast and the Furious film since the series started to find its groove around 5 and get better with each passing film.  As long as the quality keeps improving then they should keep making them, although the passing of Paul Walker will make this a tough act to follow 7.

But this trailer pissed me off.  The action scenes look fun, but I know this story is going to piss me off so much if it doesn't have a good explanation for Dom's heel turn.  Because with the constant preaching about family and togetherness, this is shark jumping territory for this franchise storywise.  They are going to have to make Charlize Theron one hell of a villain to make Dom turn.  And I don't mean just a regular interchangeable villain.  She's going to have to be ten Jason Statham's for me to buy this.  Because Dom has way too much pride and love for him to change like this just because a new villain is blackmailing him.

• Like 1

Ended up seeing this last night.  So much for the quality uptick.

I don't want to spoil too much because there is a lot of groundwork in this that lays out even more (joy...) movies in the future.  But all I'm going to say is that this is it.  This was the F&F movie that finally proved that this franchise is going stale.  I wish I could go more in depth with somebody who saw this because I have A LOT to say about how stale this felt and how many shark jumps in such a shark jumping franchise this one in particular took.

I didn't completely hate this because the action sequences are still mind numbingly entertaining to get enjoyment out of me.  But I'm running out of goodwill for these movies to make me want to sit through two more.

8 minutes ago, Clappy said:

Ended up seeing this last night.  So much for the quality uptick.

I don't want to spoil too much because there is a lot of groundwork in this that lays out even more (joy...) movies in the future.  But all I'm going to say is that this is it.  This was the F&F movie that finally proved that this franchise is going stale.  I wish I could go more in depth with somebody who saw this because I have A LOT to say about how stale this felt and how many shark jumps in such a shark jumping franchise this one in particular took.

I didn't completely hate this because the action sequences are still mind numbingly entertaining to get enjoyment out of me.  But I'm running out of goodwill for these movies to make me want to sit through two more.

I really feel like they should have ended the franchise with Furious 7. It's not the same without Paul Waller but even if he didn't die, I felt like that could have been a great conclusion. I'll still see this movie and have fun watching it but I really don't want more movies from this franchise again.