• Advertisement

TeamFourStar Got Removed From Youtube

Metal Snake

http://www.craveonline.com/design/957499-youtube-shuts-popular-channel-teamfourstar-latest-copyright-controversy

Youtube just keeps sinking lower and lower... If you've not heard, the Youtube community is in an absolute uproar. There are now businesses that are not only getting videos and channels terminated with false copyright claims, but stealing the ad revenue off of them with false copyright claims. There are companies who have made it part of their business to illegally acquire the money made off the video by impersonating the owner of the copyright claimed material. 

Yeah, these videos sum everything up perfectly. Congratulations, Youtube and Google, you are both officially worse than Viacom. And...every company who is abusing this utterly broken copyright system. Who should I really be mad at? The companies who are doing this shit, or the companies who are actively condoning and encouraging this shit?

• Like 1

Guest hilaryfan80

Update: TeamFourStar's channel has now been reinstated. The channel's creators posted a message on Twitter regarding the reinstatement, writing: "This is you, folks. This is all because of you. Thank you."

Not such a big deal now. However, the issue is still around: YouTube's copyright system is broken, and it needs to be fixed. :/

I've had a few of my videos taken down because of random Viacom claims, most of them using ten or so seconds of SB clips but they were never the only point of the video... I always had some different theme in the videos. I'm not gonna bother fighting them but this with the major channels getting false claims is getting completely out of hand