• Advertisement

Video Games You've Conquered

Metal Snake

Some games, we feel we've done everything there is to be done with them after we've beaten them once. Other games, we get strangely addicted to and continue to play even after we've finished them. If the game we're attached to happens to be difficult, we'll typically make it our goal to practice the game so that we can get really good at it and show off to everyone. If the game we're attached to happens to be really long and offering a lot of extra things to do, we usually make it our goal to do virtually everything there is to do in it. What kind of games have you mastered and/or feel like you've thoroughly explored? Did you literally catch 'em all on any Pokemon game? Have you played Resident Evil 3 fifty times? Ever done a "perfect playthrough" of Final Fantasy VII, in which you get 99 of literally every item, do every sidequest, and master every materia? 

I'll share my list of games I feel I've truly completed...

Castlevania - I play this game every October out of spirit for Halloween. Beaten it twelve times, literally not a challenge to me anymore in the slightest.

Ghosts 'N Goblins - Similar story. Beaten it in full ten times, and even made a whole video walkthrough about it.

Friday the 13th - Last Halloween tradition game, I swear. Beaten it eleven times, done literally everything you can do in it.

Resident Evil 2 - Recently aced this game, I got an A rank on both Claire A and Leon B.

Crash Bash - Classic Crash Bandicoot in general, honestly. But this one in particular, I went out of my way to unlock and master every minigame. I had at least Gold Relics on every one.

Super Mario World - I had the GBA port, and yes, I completed it in full...multiple times. I would even replay the GBA exclusive bonus stages just for kicks.

Yu-Gi-Oh! G/X Tag Force: I had the PS2 port, and I literally played the shit out of it. 200+ hours, unlocked every opponent, card pack, and tag partner, and built a huge arrangement of decks.

Final Fantasy I, II, IV, and X - Completed the original eleven times, and the second and fourth eight times. After playing the latter two so much, I've actually memorized the best equipment/setup for every boss/dungeon. Oh yeah, and I maxed out the hours in X to 155 while doing every sidequest I knew about because I had no life as a kid.

- Almost all of the handheld Pokemon games

- Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness

- Super Mario Sunshine

- All the Mario Kart games

- The Sims

- SpongeBob: Creature From the Krusty Krab

- Pac-Man World 2

I can't really recall any other games I've beaten before, but these are the ones I can name off the top of my head.

Considering how many video games I'VE beaten in my life, a better question would be, what video games HAVEN'T I conquered?! (FYI, that would be ANY game released for a Microsoft video game system; I do NOT play Microsoft video games!) :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, 4EverGreen said:

Considering how many video games I'VE beaten in my life, a better question would be, what video games HAVEN'T I conquered?! (FYI, that would be ANY game released for a Microsoft video game system; I do NOT play Microsoft video games!) :rolleyes:

You're a humble soul.

In no particular order:

1. Total War: Shogun 2 - Conquered the whole Japan with Ikko Ikki (hehe Ashigaru spam)
  2. Papers, Please - All endings, escape to Obristan is my first ending.
  3. FTL - I only manage to beat it once. Holy shit this game hard.
  4. Cities Skylines - Technically you can't beat this game, but I manage to build a congestion-free city, so that's something.
  5. Dynasty Warrior 4,5&6 - Unlocked all characters.
  6. Call of Duty games (3, World at War, MW2&3, Black Ops 1&2) -  Finished the games dozens of times, beaten half of the levels in Hardened.