• Advertisement

Nintendo Switch

Clappy

4 hours ago, Old Man Jenkins said:

And $80 for a new set of joycon controllers is fucking ridiculous.

100 CAD over here. 90 for the pro controller, and 20 DOLLARS FOR A PLASTIC WHEEL

On 3/9/2017 at 6:17 PM, sbl said:

Alright, the moment you've all been waiting for.

sbl's immediate review after having the Switch for 3 days!

First of all, when you release your console with 1 known and loved game and like 10 other trash games, you gotta ask yourself: If you want people to play at launch and get more sales, you need better games than Just Dance and BoTW. I really liked the concept of this console, which is one thing that Nintendo did greatly. It's pretty fast, but the quality of games is garbage at 900p. I bet you that even though the Wii U version of L is at 720p (I believe), it will still look better on a 1080p TV. 900p30 isn't what games should run at, they should run at least 1080p30/60. Oh, but the battery will drain faster than it's charging in the dock, because there's more power strain. PUT IN A BIGGER BATTERY. Some problems with my console are that my left Joy-Con controller kept desyncing, and the game kept dropping frames, while I was just walking in a forest. They really got to fix that.

Pros:

- Great console concept

- Pretty fast with the NVIDIA Tegra inside it

- Nice controller concept

- Comfortable controllers

Cons:

- No games at launch

- Launch problems (some Switch owners are reporting glitched out and frozen screens, as well as dead pixels which are not considered a manufacturer defect)

- Dropped frames dramatically, almost to an estimated 15 fps, even if you're just doing nothing in the game.

- Simple UI, but it's too simple (hard to find even how to sync Nintendo Account)

Final rating: 7/10

Verdict: Don't buy this console yet. If you really want to play Zelda, wait at least until all console problems are dealt with, stock is replenished (most likely starting to be replenished in mid-April). Wait until more games are released (Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, and more).

I'll most likely return this console by April 6th (although probably next week or tomorrow/Saturday).

Then why buy it in the first place if you are just going to immediately return it before more games come out for it?  Not to mention you saying that everyone should wait until more games are release and then you still plan on returning it anyway.  No offense, but that is such a waste of money if you seriously do that.  That completely contradicts your entire point.  

As for your cons:

-Nintendo hasn't had a stacked launch lineup since the Game Cube days so it's not like I can say I'm disappointed at the lack there of of a launch lineup.

-Haven't had the dropped frame problem.  I guess I should consider myself lucky

-You say it has simple UI, yet you say it is hard to find some things?  I'm confused unless UI doesn't stand for user interface.

-What OMJ said about the price of additional controllers should definitely be a con.  Because I feel conned out of my money in that aspect.

I honestly haven't had any problems with the Switch so far except for the four hour battery life off the docking station which I was always skeptical about, but I don't think it's a breaking point for me.  I think the console has a ton of potential as long as Nintendo provides strong third party support for it, which I think they will this time around because it seems easier to make original content in comparison to the Wii U.

Then again, all of this is coming from a lifelong Nintendo fanboy who openly admits to always being optimistic and shows complete and utterly biased love for the company.  So take what I say in regards to anything Nintendo related to a grain of salt.

With all of that out of the way, can anyone please talk to me about how fantastic Breath of the Wild is.  Seriously the best video game I've played in nearly a decade.  Also quite possibly the best Zelda game ever.  Dead serious.

I just recently found out that one of the upcoming video games for the Nintendo Switch will be a BRAND new video game featuring "Toejam and Earl." I think the sub-title is "Back In the Groove," so this may become the biggest video game comeback that's happened in YEARS!!!! :D