• Advertisement

70s' Top 25 Taylor Swift Singles

70s

Let's get started!

25. Picture to Burn

This is really Taylor's first dis track aimed at one of her exes, something she (for some reason) gets a lot of flack for. It's not her best, but daaaaamn is it catchy. I commend you if it's not stuck in your head after watching that video. However, this song also has a great -- and slightly uncomfortable -- example of how much Taylor has matured not only musically, but also personally. Let's take a look at a bit of the lyrics...

giphy.gif

Now, I'd never call Taylor Swift homophobic. That would be stupid. This is her world and we're all just living in it at this point. And as she's said/sang more recently: You can want who you want. Boys and boys and girls and girls. BUT this is a super ill-advised line that she's been smart to remove herself from (it is, of course, not in the music video), and it does kind of spoil my enjoyment of the song. But the fact that after seeing the name of the song it was ALREADY stuck in my head means it can't be off my list completely.

tumblr_m1esj5B00a1qe8i7ko7_250.gif

#24 coming at you tomorrow! (Hint: It's not from the same album as Picture to Burn.)

• Like 4

24. Sparks Fly

Not gonna lie, this is kind of a middle-of the road song for me and I don't have a ton to say about it. It's by no means a bad song though, it's very cute!

tumblr_mq8hivV9xI1sofy3jo1_500.gif

23. Today Was a Fairytale

Remember when Taylor Swift was with then-boyfriend Taylor Lautner in Valentine's Day? Oh, 2010...

valentines-day-taylor-lautner-swift-king

Personally, haven't seen the movie and don't plan to. But one bright spot is this song that was included on the soundtrack. It's not one of her stand-out songs but it's, again, really cute. Apparently I have something against Taylor's cuter songs. :)

tumblr_inline_mjtxzi7UNh1qz4rgp.gif

#22 is coming later today! (Hint: It fits.)

• Like 1

22. 22

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I probably would've put this a few spots higher, but the chance... it was right there. I had to take it! Anyways... I'm probably going to listen to this song the entire day on my 22nd birthday. The radio played this a lot in 2013 but I never got tired of it and continued listening to it on my own. It's so infectious and the video is adorable.

tumblr_inline_mjrdsgEQXU1qz4rgp.gif

Taylor can I hang out with you and your squad pls

#21 coming tonight! (Hint: This is NOT actually a Taylor song, but she's featured on it. Cheating!)

Oh and spoiler alert: Fifteen is not #15.

• Like 1

21. Two Is Better Than One

I wasn't going to include this song. I tried so hard. But then I listened to it and I just couldn't leave it off! It's soooo pretty. I feel bad going on about it too long since Taylor didn't write it and is basically only singing back-up, but I will say her vocals are gorgeous and I'd love to hear her featured on more songs! This is the only song that Taylor isn't the main vocalist on that's listed ok SORRY

#20 will be up in the morning. (Hint: The title is someone's name.)