• Advertisement

70s' Top 25 Taylor Swift Singles

70s

3. Love Story

lulz she said they're like romeo and juliet but they both die isn't taylor swift dumb u gyz

Yesterday was the 7 year anniversary of this flawless song's release! Again, one of the best stories Taylor's told through song with a beautiful music video to accompany it (and the trend of impossibly hot guys continues as well). The song is one of Taylor's most commercially successful, which is unsurprising since it was inescapable in 2008, especially if you were in middle school in Virginia with a bunch of girls who looooved Taylor. :) The song is one of the best-selling singles of all time period, and for good reason. Taylor Swift had the nerve to rewrite Shakespeare, and -- surprise! --  it works.

tumblr_lwzc3gZMiH1r4pg5mo1_400.gif

#2 is coming Tuesday!

2. Back to December

The people that say Taylor Swift always plays the victim clearly missed this song. In the song, Taylor lays it all on the table: the fault in this relationship was all hers. It's probably the most mature of any of her songs, and she gives one of her best vocal performances as well. Really powerful stuff. Anyone that was in a relationship or even a friendship that they let fall apart can relate to this song. While her poppier breakup anthems are lots of fun, this version of Taylor is refreshing and packs a real punch. The best line of the song is definitely "it turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you." A great spin on the old saying that you don't know what you've got until it's gone.

tumblr_m5fxaiN7041rt66kao1_500.gif

We'll finish this thing with #1 tomorrow!

• Like 1

Um I actually thought I finished this 

1. You Belong With Me

Was there ever any doubt about this? I'm not sure about the rest of you, but when I started this list there was no thought or debate whatsoever required for me to come up with my number 1. Maybe a little bit ironically, as much as I've talked about how much I appreciate grown-up, mature Taylor, for me she absolutely cannot seem to top this tale of a high school girl and the picture perfect boy next door she has a crush on. This has always been my favorite song of hers but I grew to love it even more last year when I had the BIGGEST crush I ever had on a straight guy who was dating a beautiful blonde cheerleader. The song was very applicable to me and as sad as this sounds I listened to it a lot for the entirety of my senior year. Yes, I'm a loser. :) It's sweet and idealistic and absolutely the most memorable song Taylor has put out. It's also one of the songs that I will neeeever skip when it comes on shuffle and it'll cause me physical pain to try not to sing along. Also for what it's worth this is by far Taylor's best video as well. Will she ever top this song for me? Unlikely but she may be up for the challenge!

giphy.gif

Thank you to those of you that have been following along and I hope you enjoyed this! And if you're not familiar with Taylor I definitely recommend giving all these songs a shot!

• Like 1