• Advertisement

Bordertown

Joe Biden

Discuss this upcoming disaster of an animated Fox show. I can't believe this is the show that's taking the place of American Dad. Animation Domination or whatever you call it is starting to become un-watchable except for The Simpsons, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and Bob's Burgers. From what I hear, it's just going to be a carbon copy of Family Guy except with a ton more racist jokes than Family Guy or The Cleveland Show.

This is the exact reason why shows like King of the Hill or Futurama won't come back. Because Fox is milking Seth MacFarlane as much as Nickelodeon milks SpongeBob.

I don't judge a bad looking show before I see several episodes to have an opinion.

And the creator is Mark Hentemann. I had really mixed feeling and sadly it will had a lot of negative reviews which sucks because he's my favorite writer on Family Guy.

Alright, I watched the first episode and I'm not very impressed by it. I think there were only a few jokes I laughed at, but other than that, it wasn't really that funny. It's still a little better than anything Family Guy churns out nowadays, but still lower than The Cleveland Show. And you know the show is bad when I think it's worse than a show that's as dull and dry as The Cleveland Show.

And just like The Cleveland Show, it isn't really worth your time.

2/10

• Like 2

This show is just dull, nothing else. I didn't cringe enough to call it bad but a lot of jokes were pretty tasteless. The characters are just bland and try to be comic relieves but fail. The characters are better than Peter, Brian and Quagmire these days at least and it's not as cringeworthy as bad stuff in modern Family Guy. It's such a shame cuz Mark Hentemann is a decent writer for Family Guy, who wrote Back to the Pilot and Meet the Quagmires. The show isn't God-awful but it's not worth to be checked out again. "C-"

On 5/13/2015 at 3:48 AM, MMM said:

Yikes.

Seth McFarlane's name is on it, too....mph

On 5/13/2015 at 4:20 AM, terminoob said:

Are you surprised? He's known for lowest common denominator humor, and that trailer was full of it.

Hate to defend him but he's just an executive producer, he's promoted like that cuz a lot of people know him more than Mark Hentemann, who is the one that involves with the show and he's gonna get more hate because of it. The show is not good but it's not because of MacFarlane. Not all of MacFarlane's work are bad tho, he was a writer of Dexter's Lab and Johnny Bravo and I really like his early-Family Guy days. Plus Ted is a pretty decentish comedy imo and it's probably his only good work in a while.

Edited by WhoBob
  • Like 1

The only involvement Seth really has with this show is being an executive producer and the cameo Peter Griffin has in the series. Other than that, it's done with different people.

40 minutes ago, WhoBob said:

This show is just dull, nothing else. I didn't cringe enough to call it bad but a lot of jokes were pretty tasteless. The characters are just bland and try to be comic relieves but fail. The characters are better than Peter, Brian and Quagmire these days at least and it's not as cringeworthy as bad stuff in modern Family Guy. It's such a shame cuz Mark Hentemann is a decent writer for Family Guy, who wrote Back to the Past and Meet the Quagmires. The show isn't God-awful but it's not worth to be checked out agsin. "C-"

Hate to defend him but he's just an executive producer, he's promoted like that cuz a lot of people know him more than Mark Hentemann, who is the one that involves with the show and he's gonna get more hate because of it. The show is not good but it's not because of MacFarlane. Not all of MacFarlane's work are bad tho, he was a writer of Dexter's Lab and Johnny Bravo and I really like his early-Family Guy days. Plus Ted is a pretty decentish comedy imo and it's probably his only good work in a while.

Plus, he works on American Dad too, which is still pretty solid to this day. 

Also, did you mean to talk about the episode "Back to the Pilot"? I think you confused that name with the SpongeBob episode. 

45 minutes ago, Fred Rechid said:

The only involvement Seth really has with this show is being an executive producer and the cameo Peter Griffin has in the series. Other than that, it's done with different people.

Plus, he works on American Dad too, which is still pretty solid to this day. 

Also, did you mean to talk about the episode "Back to the Pilot"? I think you confused that name with the SpongeBob episode. 

His involment with American Dad is rarely exists. Pretty much Matt Weitzman, Mike Barker and Brian Boyle made the show great. Also yeah, I meant Back to the Pilot :P

Edited by WhoBob

I did watch the first episode but it nearly put me to sleep. There were like three jokes in there that kinda got a chuckle out of me and a lot of the show where they didn't have jokes at all or they ran a punchline to the ground. I have to agree with Frank. Even Cleveland Show held my attention more. Like it's not godawful kind of bad, just really bland and weird to look at. I guess it's because they went with Bento Box, the studio that also does work on Bob's Burgers and they were trying to mix up 3 South, that style and Family Guy altogether into this weird looking thing.

They have two prominent Hispanics working on this show and it sucks that this is is what comes out of that. So underwhelming.

Edited by Sailor Man
  • Like 1