• Advertisement

Harvey Beaks

Steel Sponge

C.H. Greenblatt's newest show, originally titled Bad Seeds. Knowing Nickelodeon, I can't really say that I'm going to expect great things to come out this series unless I see the result. Comes out on the 29th, feel free to discuss.

$10 if Nick moves this to Nicktoons at some point.

Why not the 28th?  :unsure:

I guess Nickelodeon apparently likes to sabotage me when it comes to scheduling, like "hey, this is going to air on your birthday! Lol jk."

But seriously, why waste an opportunity to premiere it after the KCA's? Because they're Nickelodeon.

So I've watched the first episode...

It's a good looking show for my first impressions. At this point, no fourth walls are being broken, but I can see how it's still got that C.H. Greenblatt charm. Its also got those Nickelodeon production values, since it's got its share of toilet humor. (There was even actual urine in one scene) But that doesn't mean it's not watchable. Still, so far, not half bad.

How could people not be interested in a CH Greenblatt show? Come on people. Chowder was gold and that's when he was listening to executives. Nickelodeon is giving him (apparent) total freedom to do whatever the hell he wants. This is gonna be great.

• Like 2

How could people not be interested in a CH Greenblatt show? Come on people. Chowder was gold and that's when he was listening to executives. Nickelodeon is giving him (apparent) total freedom to do whatever the hell he wants. This is gonna be great.

Not to mention that he's an old SpongeBob writer and the voice of Carl. So you better watch it! Or you'll deal with Human Resources...

Resources.jpg

Anyway, jokes aside, this is a very charming show. It's definitely a step up from twerking ducks and fart jokes. The backgrounds look cool, the characters are very cool, and it just gives off a relaxing vibe. I can see this show bringing a big change to Nickelodeon for the--

Oh, they developed a show based off that shit? Well, if that's what the show is going to be like, then forget about my comment about Nick changing.  :pinch:

Back to my point, Harvey Beaks is definitely a comeback for Nickelodeon. I recommend watching it.

I still think that design for Harvey was stolen from Breadwinners...

• Like 1

Not to mention that he's an old SpongeBob writer and the voice of Carl. So you better watch it! Or you'll deal with Human Resources...

Resources.jpg

Anyway, jokes aside, this is a very charming show. It's definitely a step up from twerking ducks and fart jokes. The backgrounds look cool, the characters are very cool, and it just gives off a relaxing vibe. I can see this show bringing a big change to Nickelodeon for the--

Oh, they developed a show based off that shit? Well, if that's what the show is going to be like, then forget about my comment about Nick changing.  :pinch:

Back to my point, Harvey Beaks is definitely a comeback for Nickelodeon. I recommend watching it.

I still think that design for Harvey was stolen from Breadwinners...

Harvey Beaks has been in development since before Breadwinners was on the air. Greenblatt posted concept/design work constantly on tumblr before they even screened a pilot.

I hope this show will be available on watchcartoononline because that's the only way I can see it for free. I'm not sure if I want to buy the episodes off iTunes. I enjoyed Chowder, so I have a good feeling I'm going to like this.

Harvey Beaks has been in development since before Breadwinners was on the air. Greenblatt posted concept/design work constantly on tumblr before they even screened a pilot.

Okay, so that clears everything up.

So that just means that the people who designed SwaySway from Breadwinners just took Harvey's character design and colored it green and made it taller.

Or maybe it just has something to do with both shows being animated by Nickelodeon Animation Studios. I don't give a crap about what I'm even saying anymore.  :P

I hope this show will be available on watchcartoononline because that's the only way I can see it for free. I'm not sure if I want to buy the episodes off iTunes. I enjoyed Chowder, so I have a good feeling I'm going to like this.

Likewise. I'm really excited! 

Okay, so that clears everything up.

So that just means that the people who designed SwaySway from Breadwinners just took Harvey's character design and colored it green and made it taller.

Or maybe it just has something to do with both shows being animated by Nickelodeon Animation Studios. I don't give a crap about what I'm even saying anymore.  :P

It's just a coincidence. There are only so many ways to draw cartoons.

So far, from what I've seen, "Harvey Beaks" looks like it wouldn't be out of place if it had been animated in the mid 1990's instead of 2015. It seems to have the same kind of humor as "Rocko's Modern Life;" and golden era "Ren & Stimpy." As long as cartoons like this exist in the world, than I think the future of animation is secure. :D Enough said! ;)

Here are my ranks of the episodes so far:

Pe-Choo! - A

The Spitting Tree - B+

The Finger - B-

The Negatives of Being Positively Charged - A+

Rentl Bike - B

Anti-Valentine's Day - B

Nightclub Night - A

The Rebel - B

Harvey's First Scar - C

A Tail of les Squirrels - B+

My favorite episode so far is "The Negatives of Being Positively Charged" and my least favorite is "Harvey's First Scar". Now I don't hate "Harvey's First Scar" because Zeus Cervas wrote it, but it wasn't as great as the other episodes were. The only thing I'm worried about is what the *shudders* TV.com people think about it.

"THIS EPISODE SUCKS BECAUSE HARVEY ABUSE"

Something like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2ZC3AgAa6Pw

The new SammyClassicSonicFan and "I hate Phineas and Ferb" kid talks about Harvey Beaks.

So anybody who's too young for the internet who posts videos like that is the next SammyClassicSonicFan/KnucklesTheEchidna64?

So anybody who's too young for the internet who posts videos like that is the next SammyClassicSonicFan/KnucklesTheEchidna64?

Not everyone. As long as they give valid opinions. All this guy does is make videos about how it sucks and anyone who likes it sucks. Not to mention that he makes attack videos against people who like Harvey Beaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTc0Eg8h2qE

My god, I should just stay away from Downtown Bikini Bottom in general because obviously I'm not making the right comments in these threads.

My god, I should just stay away from Downtown Bikini Bottom in general because obviously I'm not making the right comments in these threads.

I think your comments have validity to them.

Nah. I just had to make a point. The kid's antics are pretty ridiculous though, and it's just for a kid's show.