• Advertisement

047a. As Seen On TV

spongebobiscool

I agee with a lot of people that it's highly underrated (not sure what there is to not like about it though)
I don't really think it's that people don't like it per se, but it seems to fly under the radar compared to other S3 eps.

easily one of the best season 3 episodes. awesome plot, incredible dialogue, and amazing scenes. my favorite being the part when spongebob finally realizes that the customers want krabby patties and starts to make them for the customers, but as a show thinking it is for entertainment rather than for hunger. lol. oh and my second favorite when the old man thought spongebob was the bran flakes on the cereal box commercial and but spongebob thinks he meant he saw him on the krusty krab commercial. twas classic. third favorite being spongebob singing the striped sweater song. fourth favorite being when spongebob thought the two guys in the bathroom were talking about him when they said his acting is good but his singing is phenomenal and his solo record being a hit if he ever had one, but they were really talking about the flounderman on tv. hmmm, that's like half the episode right there. lol.

it was an awesome pairing to go with can you spare a dime. i feel like if it got paired with any other episode in season 3(or 2 or 1, but i speak of 3), it would have been a horrible pair. it would have still been an awesome episode though. hmm. come to think of it, i think this way of every single pre movie episode, but these two i felt were the best pair and the most perfect match to go together than any other pre movie episode pairs. as seen on tv is not average. it is an A+ episode and i give it a 10 out of 10/100 out of 100. one of the most, if not the most, memorable episode of the entire series. same goes for can you spare a dime.

This episode is okay but It's one of the most overrated SpongeBob episodes because most of people thinks It's one of the best SpongeBob episodes. Seriously? This episode feels like I'm watching a season 6 episode. Also I disagree with people who thinks It's underrated. How can you guys love this episode? SpongeBob's ego in this episode was very annoying and wasn't even funny. SpongeBob was a jerk to the the costumers in this episode. I think SpongeBob was at his one of the worst performances in this episode. This episode wasn't even funny and the idea of SpongeBob thinking he is a superstar is so lame and pointless. I would probably like this episode If SpongeBob would realize that he is not famous and he apologized to the costumers and Mr. Krabs at the end. It's not a bad episode because I did laugh at some parts in this episode like the commercial, SpongeBob's "Striped Sweater" song (I think these two make this episode overrated) and Old Man Jenkin's cameo but the rest of this episode was boring in my opinion. It's one of the weaker season 3 episodes in my opinion and It's probably on my bottom 15 pre-movie episodes. 6.5/10

In this episode, SpongeBob (or rather, some of SpongeBob) makes a cameo in a so-bad-it's-good commercial for the Krusty Krab, and surprise surprise, he lets his three seconds on the boob tube go to his head. After getting mistaken for a cereal box, he starts to believe that he's a household name, and before long, we have him signing napkins out to people's tail fins and singing about the wonders of striped sweaters. SpongeBob was great in this episode, mocking the insecurity as well as the arrogance that so pervades our celebrity culture. Though he may not be the kind of entertainer that he thought the commercial made him, he entertains us on a weekly basis, and he doesn't even need to juggle Krabby Patties to do it.

I find it really funny, I like it. I do see why people dislike it, though.

THE BEST TIME TO WEAR A STRIPED SWEATER IS ALL THE TIMMMMEEEEE

I also liked the jokes about how Squidward had all of this stuff to shoot a movie that useless. (Like the useless junk)

Tbh, this episode never really settled well for me, even when I was a kid. The first 2/3 is fine, it's just the part where Spongebob acts like some big shot is when things goes South. I can see where they were going with that, just that I didn't like the execution. With all that said, "Striped Sweater" is bae and you know it.

• Like 1

Ehh... There's better out there in this season. Not saying that this episode is bad but it's rather mediocre in comparison to several other episodes in Season 3. The first half of the episode was pretty good, if a bit close to being alright. Old Man Jenkins mistaking Spongebob for a cereal box was the best part, along with the cereal commercial itself. However, everything after that is rather dull at best. It's not the worst offender in that aspect (hell, Ugh is far more dull and uninteresting and that's in the same season) but had it kept itself going then perhaps I would've liked this episode more. Eh, it's not one of the worst of Season 3 but it's just passable.
also the striped sweater song was never that funny to me, sorry

FINAL RATING: 6/10 (OK episode)

• Like 1