• Advertisement

Are you on Holiday Break?

Wumbledon

Break starts Wednesday for me...honest to god the stupidest thing ever why the hell do we need to have a 2-day week.

What I don't get about schools making you go then is what difference could possibly be made and why cut the break so close to the actual holiday?

The alternate is having a two-week break that screws up the academic calendar and cuts into the stuff teachers/administration have to do in the summer.

True but our school has always been one of the later schools to close, not closing until at least June 20th so I can see why the break is two weeks.

This is more relevant of a fact if summer vacation starts earlier in the month.

True but our school has always been one of the later schools to close, not closing until at least June 20th so I can see why the break is two weeks.

This is more relevant of a fact if summer vacation starts earlier in the month.

My high school doesn't close until that late as well, and if you had the two week break you'd have to give up spring break or your school year wouldn't end until July, which, again, cuts into the stuff that teachers and administration have to do other the summer.

My high school doesn't close until that late as well, and if you had the two week break you'd have to give up spring break or your school year wouldn't end until July, which, again, cuts into the stuff that teachers and administration have to do other the summer.

We made the change to two weeks a couple of years ago, and so far, things have actually been finishing earlier than they used to. I have no idea what your high school is doing.