• Advertisement

A few reasons why I think Dunces and Dragons is one of the Greatest Spongebob Specials

Okay, I am going to tell a few reasons why I think "Dunces and Dragons" is one of, if not the best Spongebob special.

1. I think the concept is pretty cool. I mean, 11th century Bikini Bottom? There are SO many things you can do with that set up!

2.Squidward's ancestor in the 11th century is a jester. Am I the only one who finds that in the slightest bit....Funny? No? Aw...I'm starting to feel alone.

3.The long staircase joke. I laughed so hard at this part. I'm not afraid to admit that I think thats one of the best gags in this :P

Those are only a few reasons I love it. I could list more, but we'd be here all day. Whats your favorite special? And are you suprised that the creators on this episode made Atlantis Squarepantis? (I think) Comment below!  ;)

• Like 2

I absolutely love Squidly, in fact if you go back last year everyone here will say I was completely obsessed with him. :P I agree, the special is pretty good and does its' paseing better than Pest of the West. I'd probably say it's my favorite time travel special.

• Like 4

I absolutely love Squidly, in fact if you go back last year everyone here will say I was completely obsessed with him. :P I agree, the special is pretty good and does its' paseing better than Pest of the West. I'd probably say it's my favorite time travel special.

Squiddly is amazing, right? :D

And are you suprised that the creators on this episode made Atlantis Squarepantis? (I think) Comment below!  ;)

The two episodes only share one writer, actually. :P

Anyway, I agree that Dunces is one of the show's best specials. It's got action, is actually funny, and has a grand feel that most specials should have, as opposed to many feeling like extended regular episodes. The plot is simple and loose, one you can load down with jokes and pretty much do anything with. The characters and humor were majorly on-point, and how everyone got time to shine felt so effortless, in a way that many newer ensemble crew episodes don't really seem to be able to do. It's a great episode, one of the best specials, and definitely one of Season 4's best. Excellence all around.

Good topic 10/10

Lol, I remember kind of hating this episode because my friend and I envisioned a SpongeBob episode set in medieval times before this came out, and OBVIOUSLY OUR FIFTH GRADE MINDS WORKED BETTER THAN THE MINDS OF PROFESSIONAL WRITERS OKAY?

Now that I watch it back, it's... okay, I guess. Squidly is definitely the best part.

Okay, I am going to tell a few reasons why I think "Dunces and Dragons" is one of, if not the best Spongebob special.

1. I think the concept is pretty cool. I mean, 11th century Bikini Bottom? There are SO many things you can do with that set up!

2.Squidward's ancestor in the 11th century is a jester. Am I the only one who finds that in the slightest bit....Funny? No? Aw...I'm starting to feel alone.

3.The long staircase joke. I laughed so hard at this part. I'm not afraid to admit that I think thats one of the best gags in this :P

Those are only a few reasons I love it. I could list more, but we'd be here all day. Whats your favorite special? And are you suprised that the creators on this episode made Atlantis Squarepantis? (I think) Comment below!  ;)

it actually is the best special.