• Advertisement

Taylor Swift Releases "Shake It Off" and Announces Pop Album, 1989

Urchees

You don't get the hate for a pop song by Taylor Swift?

No, I think it's subjective. I'm not sure what's wrong with it. Despite it being generic, I still think it's super catchy and a fun listen. Those who enjoy deeper, genuine music... well, I doubt they're listening to Taylor Swift in the first place. 

The video is actually really good, but that doesn't surprise me since when Mark Romanek is involved, you are going to get a good music video 9 times out of 10. The song itself is mind numbingly catchy. I am not a fan by any means imaginable of Miss Taylor Swift and I will more than likely get tired of this after overplay eventually happens, but I have to give her credit where it's due and say that I surprisingly don't hate this.

No, I think it's subjective. I'm not sure what's wrong with it. Despite it being generic, I still think it's super catchy and a fun listen. Those who enjoy deeper, genuine music... well, I doubt they're listening to Taylor Swift in the first place. 

It's pop music and it's Taylor Swift. Two things that are extremely hated. You shouldn't be surprised that people hate this song.

It's pop music and it's Taylor Swift. Two things that are extremely hated. You shouldn't be surprised that people hate this song.

I don't think pop music is hated. I think it's looked down upon critically (for whatever reason?), but it's by no means hated in the general population. I think those that listen to music casually, rather than analytically, like pop.