• Advertisement

E3 2014

crushingmayhem

As the title says, the next E3 event is coming soon. But I thought on making this 2 months prior so we can give out our opinions on the possibilities and the games they will likely reveal.

What do you think will happen this year? Will they reveal something that will get us hyped for the new consoles?

Discuss.

Here's what I'm thinking

Nintendo:

- Lots and lots of Smash Bros. coverage; they'll probably demonstrate cross-platform, as well as general gameplay, and then they'll have it available to play on the floor

- New models of Wii U and 3DS along with price-drops

- Hella game announcements followed by mic dropping the hell outta there (I'll go out on a limb and say Mario, Layton, Metroid, Starfox, Kirby, Kid Icarus, and Fire Emblem)

- More ports

Sony:

- Lots of Naughty Dog; re-promotion of The Last of Us, "official" announcement of Uncharted 4 along with a new trailer (fingers crossed for a "...but that's not all they're working on" followed by a Jak and Daxter trailer)

- PS Store to be completely overhauled and revamped; PS3, PS2, and PS1 games will become downloadable "within the year"

- In-depth explanation of Playstation Now

- New LittleBigPlanet and ModNation Racers games announced

- Something to do with Final Fantasy

- More KH3 footage

- Price drop for PS4

- Indie games announced for the store

- New info on the Ratchet and Clank movie, though I'm not holding my breath on that one (I think if a game is in development, they're better off waiting until next year so they can coordinate it with the movie release, so I'm not holding my breath on that announcement either)

- Loads of other stuff I don't know because I don't follow gaming closely enough to know anything

Microsoft

- Don't know

- Don't care

- Maybe something to do with the Surface?

- Shit I don't know

• Like 7

NEW CALL OF DUTY, AS IF IT HASN'T EVER HAPPENED BEFORE

I assumed that if this did happen it'd be released in Q4 of 2015 since Ghosts just came out, so I checked the Wikipedia and a new Call of Duty is indeed slated for a 2014 release.

So yeah, new Call of Duty. Call of Duty: Modern 4Fare.

Sony will probably show off something related to the new Uncharted in development or try to hype up PS4 remaster of The Last of Us (ugh, at least wait more than a year to port/remake the game), and most of terminoob's predictions about Sony seem pretty likely.

Nintendo might officially reveal a main series Zelda game for the Wii U, they'll definitely show off more Smash Bros. footage, they'll probably show off more of their other exclusives in development (hoping to hear more about that game Monolith Soft is developing, even if they only announce what the official title is), and they might have a surprise announcement or two.

Not sure what Microsoft could show off, don't follow them much.

Sony will probably show off something related to the new Uncharted in development or try to hype up PS4 remaster of The Last of Us (ugh, at least wait more than a year to port/remake the game), and most of terminoob's predictions about Sony seem pretty likely.

Well The Last of Us was incredibly successful and came out at the virtual last minute; it makes sense that Sony would want to push it as soon as possible. I'm pretty okay with it since I can finally sit down and play it again.

Well The Last of Us was incredibly successful and came out at the virtual last minute; it makes sense that Sony would want to push it as soon as possible. I'm pretty okay with it since I can finally sit down and play it again.

It does make sense, I'm just not a fan of games being remastered this soon after the first release (the same thing was done with the Tomb Raider reboot.)

Sony could show off new games, such as the next Uncharted for PS4 and PSVita, also there new technology called Project Morphus.

Nintendo - SMASH BROS OBVIOUSLY, new Wii U model, new 3DS model maybe. And new games.

Microsoft - They haven't done it yet but it would be cool if there was a Xbox handheld like a Xbox Surface or something. Maybe a Xbox One price drop, new games.

Microsoft's conference: 

-Saw this coming

-Saw this coming

-Don't care

-Where are the games

-COD

-Where are the games

END

I don't recall them advertising the Xbox One solely as a gaming platform, though. It's (and I hate this term) "a multimedia experience". Everyone's crapping their pants because the 360 was for hardcore gamers, but Microsoft is getting into software and the nitty gritty stuff now and they released something that does all this really cool stuff better than anything. You either have to understand that it's for families or people who aren't necessarily into gaming (but can now get into gaming because this nifty gadget also has this really cool feature where you can ALSO play video games! Crazy) or you can just keep bashing them for doing a smart career move and hoping that someday they'll realize their mistake (they won't).

If they didn't make the switch, then they'd be competing against Sony and Steam. Now they're in a league all their own and can do whatever they want.

I don't recall them advertising the Xbox One solely as a gaming platform, though. It's (and I hate this term) "a multimedia experience". Everyone's crapping their pants because the 360 was for hardcore gamers, but Microsoft is getting into software and the nitty gritty stuff now and they released something that does all this really cool stuff better than anything. You either have to understand that it's for families or people who aren't necessarily into gaming (but can now get into gaming because this nifty gadget also has this really cool feature where you can ALSO play video games! Crazy) or you can just keep bashing them for doing a smart career move and hoping that someday they'll realize their mistake (they won't).

If they didn't make the switch, then they'd be competing against Sony and Steam. Now they're in a league all their own and can do whatever they want.

Maybe it's an excuse to make more crappy Kinect demonstrations.  :smirk:

SSB4 announcements without a doubt.

Okay Nintendo, can we PLEASE have more GameCube games ported to WiiU? WindWaker HD was, and is, amazing.

And no, I don't mean porting your trillion Mario Party games.

Do they have Thousand Year Door ported yet? Because that's probably the one of the only games anyone wants.

SSB4 announcements without a doubt.

Okay Nintendo, can we PLEASE have more GameCube games ported to WiiU? WindWaker HD was, and is, amazing.

And no, I don't mean porting your trillion Mario Party games.

I wish I could say the same thing, but they aren't porting those franchises over because they don't sell, which is the reason why franchises like Starfox and F-Zero haven't made a comeback. Its sad but that's just how business is. Hopefully they'll become relevant again some day since there are many fans demanding their return. Nintendo just has to listen to their fans more.

Nintendo shocked me last year with 3D World. They must have something good this year. (Other than everyone figuring out the Monster Hunter 4 is releasing in 2015...)