• Advertisement

Episodes On Which The General Consensus Has Changed

Young Nug

Pet Sitter Pat was just sitting around in the grass for a few years then all of a sudden started getting slammed really hard.

Might I add, for no good reason. That was a great episode.

Overall Season's Four, Five and Six are becoming more accepted by the community. Season 4 is now considered good, 5 passable, and 6, well, not the worst season. Seasons 7, 8 and 9, however, are becoming bashed into the ground more nowadays. Also, I think people seem to like or dislike episodes based more on how they relate to it and it's justification of the characters, rather than how funny or lazy it is.

Individually, highly hyped episodes like Best Day Ever and many of the specials, and the award winning ones like Dear Vikings and Karate Island are becoming more tolerated. "One Coarse Meal" has pretty much became the bad episode, more so than Atlantis SquarePantis (at least within the fandom). Maybe a little while back, Are You Happy Now? or Face Freeze! may have been the most hated episodes of season 8, that honor now being with Demolition Doofus or Pet Sitter Pat. Certain pre-movie episodes have been getting some minor flack for being "early on signs" of the decline, most notably The Great Snail Race and the specials. Mr. Krabs or SpongeBob used to be the "least favorite character," now it's more likely Patrick, and I think his episodes are becoming more hated than theirs. And, I think Krusty Krab Training Video's now considered better than Band Geeks by the consensus.

• Like 1

Pet Sitter Pat was just sitting around in the grass for a few years then all of a sudden started getting slammed really hard.

I agree, like wtf, I've never seen anyone talk about it at all but it did make the SBC Top 50 Worst list, so apparently people really hate it. Seriously though, the hate just came out of the blue :P (unless I'm missing something here)

I agree, like wtf, I've never seen anyone talk about it at all but it did make the SBC Top 50 Worst list, so apparently people really hate it. Seriously though, the hate just came out of the blue :P (unless I'm missing something here)

Mr. Enter.

Yeah, why would it suddenly become bad?

Please tell me people didn't take that guy in the link seriously.

Probably not directly, but I do think that the few people who did take him seriously ended up spreading across the internet with these notions, hence the recent critical hatred of various episodes on the list (and more), most notably I'm With Stupid. It's good because now they finally aren't hating only post-movie. It's bad because they're just doing it because they exhibit traits of modern episodes forgetting the reasons why they worked then.

(I kinda wanna see the video now that my curiosity's peaked, but it's taken down)