• Advertisement

The Walking Sponge

Old Man Jenkins

vrjak.png

Props and all that good stuff goes to Shinya for providing the banner

Plot: Bikini Bottom goes to Davy Jones' Locker in a hand basket as the dead begin to walk the undersea floor and look to devour every living thing that crosses their destructive path. Local fry cook, SpongeBob SquarePants, finds himself separated from loved one's in the wake of the outbreak and works to make his way to them, entering and traversing a new cruel world full of dangers, lies and deceit.

Episode 1: Good Morning World and All Who Inhabit It

The sun rises over Bikini Bottom as dusk gives way for the dawn. Spongebob lays in bed as a couple of police cruisers speed by, sirens blaring, waking up the entire neighbor consisting of three houses on Conch Street. The noise is enough to wake SpongeBob up from his deep sleep. He looks out the window to see the police cruisers rolling down west, disappearing in the distance.

SpongeBob: Huh? Wonder what all the habub is about? Nothing too serious, I hope.

???: Better be something worth waking me up for!

SpongeBob looked out to his right to see his neighbor, Squidward, looking out from his own window to see where the police were heading off to.

Squidward: So much for trying to sleep in on a Sunday.

SpongeBob: Good morning, Squidward!

Squidward: I can only hope.

Squidward stepped back from the window and into his room. SpongeBob does the same.

SpongeBob: That's right, it's Sunday! Or as I like to call, (giggles) FUNDAY!

SpongeBob's alarm started to go off, startling him.

SpongeBob: AH! Dahahahahah, feeling a bit jumpy this morning. Well, good morning world and who inhabit it! Today's gonna be the best day ever!

Spongebob heads to his bathroom to take a quick morning shower.

Spongebob: Today's the first day of the big annual jellyfish migration. Patrick and I aren't gonna wanna miss this majestic event of nature for the world!

He shuts off the shower and dries himself off before slapping a towel on and goes to the sink to brush his teeth. He brushes briskly in excitement, barely able to contain himself. He spits the toothpaste out, swishes some water in his mouth, gargles and spits out. Smiling at the mirror to look at a job well done.

SpongeBob: Oh, I know Sandy wouldn't want to miss this, either. She's been wanting to see the vast species of jellyfish up close for a while now. Should provide her with a lot of material to do research on for her bosses back on land. Better yet, Patrick and I can catch some for her so everybody is having some fun.

He goes in his closet and slaps on a pair of pants before sliding down the pole in order to retrieve Ole Reliable from his study. He opens the cabinet door concealing his prized jellyfish net and firmly grasps it in his hand.

SpongeBob: Oh, Ole Reliable, I won't be able to do this without you. Now, I really am ready for some action!

He heads down the hall towards his kitchen in order to have some cereal to fill himself up, but not before feeding Gary his daily dose of Kelp-O in the morning.

SpongeBob: It's the most important meal of the day, Gary. Served up your way!

SpongeBob sets Ole Reliable on the table as he fixes himself a bowl of Mermaidman and Barnacle Boy Brand Cereal. He takes the bowl with him to the living room and he hops up on his lifesaver recliner, turning on the tv. He checks behind him to see if Gary is watching before changing the channel to Hotel Eroticanemone. Spongebob munches on his cereal as he gets into his "stories".

Gary: Meow.

Startled, SpongeBob quickly tries to cover his tail fin by hastily changing the channel to the morning news.

Barbara: Jellyfishers and Jellyspotters from all around the undersea floor will be gathering at Jellyfish Fields today for the annual Jellyfish Migration.

SpongeBob: I was just looking for the news, Gary! Hehe...

Barbara: Jellyfish of all creeds and colors will be migrating out to the Pacific this winter in- Wait a minute, I'm receiving some breaking news from our colleague Perch Perkins, let's see if we can get him on.

Gary: Meow. (slithers off)

SpongeBob: That was a close one.

Perch Perkins: This is Perch Perkins of Bikini Bottom News, reporting LIVE from downtown Bikini Bottom, where a riot-

SpongeBob: I don't see why that invasive snail even cares if I watch some obscene anemones, this is my house gosh darn it.

Perch Perkins: Bikini Bottom Police has arrived on scene to calm down the situa-

SpongeBob turns the channel back to Hotel Eroticanemone, not catching any of the news report. He gets back to munching on his cereal, watching his "stories". Meanwhile, Squidward starts his Sunday morning off by grabbing some bon bons from the cupboard and read the zsunday paper from the comfort of his living room. He catches sight of the front story about a riot taking place in Downtown Bikini Bottom during the overnight hours.

Squidward: Well, that place sure is going to hell in a hand basket. Must've been why I heard all those sirens earlier. As long, as that's there and I'm here then this Sunday should be salvageable. I mean, those two jelly for brains, SpongeBob and Patrick are going out to watch some stupid ass jellyfish, leaving me here all alone. Just as I like it. I wonder if "The King Jellyfish & I" got any good reviews. (turns to read the editorials)

At Patrick's house, he's brushing himself everywhere in preparation for the Jellyfish Migration.

Patrick: Alright! Been waiting for this day since forever! Jellyfishing! Jellyfishing! Jellyfishing!

He finishes freshening up and heads to his makeshift kitchen, fixing himself up some sandcakes and syrup. He goes to his recliner to see his tv on the news.

Perch Perkins: SWAT teams have since arrived to get this violent situation under control. (shots can be heard firing off in the background) Oh my, it appears that shots are being-

Patrick: (changes station) I hate this channel.

Back in the pineapple, SpongeBob grabs his shell phone and calls Sandy. She's busy packing all her jellyspotting equipment but takes the time to answer her phone.

Sandy: Howdy! Sandy Cheeks speaking.

SpongeBob: Hey Sandy, you almost ready for some Jellyfishing?!

Sandy: Ready as anyone can be! I'm really looking forward to this trip. Should provide me lots of research to turn in to my higher-ups up north. Thanks for letting me tag along, SpongeBob!

SpongeBob: Don't mention it, Sandy. It'll be great helping you out with your project, and I'm sure Patrick wouldn't mind helping you out too.

Sandy: Listen, I've got some more things to pack up so I better get back to it. I'll meet y'all at Jellyfish Fields soon.

SpongeBob: See ya, Sandy!

SpongeBob walks over to his workout area of makeshift weights made out of stuffed animals. He takes a look at his picture of Sandy, which he keeps on his mirror. He sighs as he stares at it affectionately.

SpongeBob: Ah, Sandy Cheeks. Looking at her makes me smile. (flexes in the mirror) Time for a weight sesh. Need to be in tip-top if I'm gonna be catching those jellies all day. (Turns the radio on to get himself pumped up)

Bob Profulmster: Bob Proflumster here, filling in for Barbara who just went out on assignment in the wake of-

SpongeBob: I can't work out to this! (changes the station to KRUV Bikini Rock) Now that's more like it.

SpongeBob struggles doing some deadlifts but manages to get the barbell up triumphantly before slamming the plush toys back down.

SpongeBob: That was a good enough workout for one day. Phew!

A knock is heard at his door. SpongeBob grabs Ole Reliable and answers it.

Patrick: Hey, buddy! (pulls out his net) You ready for some Jellyfishing?

SpongeBob: Oh, I'm ready, Freddy. IM READY!

Patrick: Yeah, alright!

SpongeBob: Don't make too much of a mess while I'm gone, Gary.

Gary: Meow.

Patrick: Who's Freddy?

SpongeBob closes the door behind them and locks up. He places a spare key under his mat just in case. They walk to the end of his front lawn, waiting by the street to get picked up by the bus.

SpongeBob: Ooh, I can barely contain myself. I can't wait to catch me some Speckle Squirters.

Patrick: I can't wait to get my net on some Two Fisted Jumpers. I heard they pack a real punch. I like me some fight in em'.

SpongeBob: Well they don't have fists for nothing, Pat. Listen, I invited Sandy to come along and meet us there.

Patrick: What? Why?

SpongeBob: She needs help with a research project she's doing and I thought we could help her collect some specimens to do, ya know, research on.

Patrick: But that'll be boring! I just wanna go out the and have some fun, not do some dumb old stupid research.

SpongeBob: Hey, we'll have the same amount of fun regardless. We can still catch some good jellyfish for Sandy to look over. It'll be same old, same old.

Patrick: You're only bringing her along because you like her.

SpongeBob: You're out of your mind, Pat.

Patrick: Hey, if you like her then it's all fine and dandy but don't drag me into it. I was looking forward to today, thinking we would just continue to bond over some Jellyfishing but you seem to have your priorities elsewhere.

SpongeBob: Cut her a break here, man. I know you don't really get along with her as well as I do, but I think this would be good time for all of us to bond together. Just me with my best bud in the whole world and, well, the girl of my dreams.

Patrick: (turns to Squidward's house) Hey Squidward, wanna come Jellyfishing with us?!

Squidward: No!

Patrick: Are you sure?!

Squidward: Yes!

Patrick: Barnacles, so much for that.

SpongeBob: It'll be a good day, Patrick. Just give her a chance.

Patrick mumbles under his breath as the bus carrying fellow jellyfish enthusiasts pulls up to them.

Jellyfishers in Bus: Jellyfishing! Jellyfishing! Jellyfishing!

SpongeBob: Cheer up, Pat. At the end of the day, we can head on over to the Krusty Krab. My treat.

Patrick: I'm gonna pig out.

They enter the bus and pay for their seats. The driver seems to recognize them.

Bus Driver: Hey, I know you two.

Patrick: I know you too. Who is he?

Bus Driver: Yeah, you're the guys from Glove World.

SpongeBob: Come again, sir?

Bus Driver: With the balloon. You just kept hitting me and hitting me with it!

SpongeBob: I don't seem to recall, sir.

Patrick: Yeah, so take it easy, we just stole a balloon.

Bus Driver: Not that!

Patrick: Then what? We have some Jellyfishing to do!

Bus Driver: Just take your seat!

Spongebob and Patrick turned to take their seats, Spongebob hitting the driver in the head with Ole Reliable doing so.

Bus Driver: Grrrrr. (puts the bus in drive and peels out)

Patrick: What the hell took the pearl out of his oyster?

SpongeBob: Beats me.

After a few more stops and a good twenty minutes, they finally reach Jellyfish Fields. They disembark from the bus after the driver had parked it and they head out to meet up with Sandy.

SpongeBob: How do I look?

Patrick: About the same every damn episode. Why do you want to impress her so much? I mean, it's not like it's possible that a sea creature such as yourself can really, you know, go with her.

SpongeBob: Why won't it work, Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick?

Patrick: Hey, I'm just saying. It just ain't possible. Even I know that.

SpongeBob: Well you believe what you wanna believe. I've know Sandy for what's felt like 13 years now. If I don't do anything about our relationship now, I might never get a chance again.

Patrick: There's your girlfriend.

They finally reach Sandy, who's unpacking some equipment from her truck.

Spongebob: Hey Sandy!

Sandy: (looks back towards them) Well there you fellas are! Can you guys help a girl out with this stuff? It'd be much appreciated.

Patrick: That coming from the strongest critter in Bikini Bottom?

Sandy: Real funny, Patrick.

SpongeBob: Dahahahahah, yeah I'm...laughing...

Sandy: Just set the cameras up around here and angle them towards to the skyway. I'm looking to get some killer shots of all the herds of Jellyfish here.

SpongeBob: You should definitely get some great shots from this hill here. Perfect vantage point of where they'll be grazing. Yeah, good spot. Good spot.

Sandy: I glad I got you fellas here to help me out. I'm not nearly as jelly savvy as y'all.

Patrick: Then why bother researching them?

Sandy: My bosses up north want to know more about the wildlife down here. I figured jellyfish migrating from all over the creation would be one hell of a report to do just that.

SpongeBob: This will get you some serious brownie points from your superiors. You don't always see all these types of jellyfish down these parts.

Patrick: I hope your 'research' won't be too much of a distraction for us. Aft all, we were intending on having some fun today.

SpongeBob: Patrick.

Sandy: Y'all can go ahead and fish for your jellies after things are set up here. Don't let me keep ya down.

Patrick: (hastily puts up Sandy's camera before grabbing his net and walking towards the herds that are arriving) Come on SpongeBob, lots of jellyfish to go around down there!

SpongeBob: Jeez, Patrick. (finishes putting Sandy's camera with care) You have to excuse him, Sandy. I kinda told him that you were coming last minute and, well, he's been really looking forward to this.

Sandy: Don't sweat, dude. I know how diehard y'all are. Thanks for helping me set things up, though. Be sure to tell Patrick I said that, too. I'll just be doing my thing here, but feel free to hand me over any jellyfish you may catch out there. And don't worry, I'll be gentle with em.

SpongeBob: Will do, Sandy. Don't get too caught up in your work. Feel free to come on down with us and have some fun every once in a while.

Sandy: Thanks SpongeBob. (hug him) Go on, get.

SpongeBob smiles at her as he puts on his glasses, picks up Ole Reliable and heads down to the open plains with Patrick and the other jelly enthusiasts.

SpongeBob: How are the picking's for today?

Patrick: Looking good, man. It's beautiful.

SpongeBob: Yeah, man. And there's a Speckled Shooter with Sandy's name on it.

Patrick: Give me a break.

SpongeBob: Lalalala! Lalalalala! (makes his move towards the Speckled Shooter but misses his catch the first go around) La la Lalala! (jumps towards it again, missing it a second time but finally getting it on his third swing)

Patrick: Geez buddy, your emotion's are messing your form.

SpongeBob: Let's see you do any better.

Patrick: Duhduhduh duh dum! (makes his move towards a Two Fisted Jumper and catches it on his first try) And that, my friend, is how a pro gets work done!

SpongeBob: Yeah, yeah. Let's get these fine specimens over to Sandy so she can-

???: AAAAHHH!!

SpongeBob: What in Neptune's name was that?

They look down the plain to see a few people running towards two jellyfishes as a few other figures slowly approach the group from the other side.

Patrick: Someone must've been stung something fierce. Poor guy, but it happens to the best of us.

SpongeBob: Yeah, we should know. Let's just get these to Sandy and pick up on some sting ointment. Just in case, you know.

Sandy is busy observing some Gold Throated Singers and taking pictures of them. She shifts her camera until she sees the group of people that SpongeBob and Patrick spotted earlier. She suspects something is afoot and zooms her lens in to get a better look. She sees a jellyfisher bleeding from his neck, holding his wound with his hand as the other pale, dirtier figure paces towards him with blood all over it's mouth. The group that was running towards them panics as they approach the two. The bloody mouth figure lunges at the injured jellyfisher as the group fights it back with their nets. The slow walking group finally reach up to them. They look as pale and dirty and bloody as the first one.

Sandy: What in tarnation?

The jellyfisher that was bit earlier begins to attack one of the Jellyfishing group from behind, biting a chunk out of the guy. The jellyfishers look back at their comrade getting eaten, distracting them as the pale group lunges at them. Some gets bitten while some are tackled to the ground, almost helpless as the bloody pale individuals begin to seemingly feast on them.

Sandy: What the hell is going o-

Suddenly, Sandy is attacked from behind by someone who looks like the very same figures she just saw feasting down there. Having been caught by surprised, she struggles with fighting the figure off of her.

Patrick: What exactly does she plan on doing with these jellyfish that we round up for her?

SpongeBob: Nothing terrible, like dissecting them and all that. Trust me-

Sandy: SpongeBob! Patrick! HELP!

Patrick: What in the-

SpongeBob: SANDY! (runs off to her aid)

They sprint towards her location and find her tackled to the ground by the bloody figure. It's attempting to take bites out her as she holds it's head back. Patrick drops his neck and tackles the decomposing figure off of her and to the ground. SpongeBob heads to Sandy's side and tends to her.

SpongeBob: Sandy, are you alright?!

Sandy: Yeah, I think so!

SpongeBob picks her up to her feet and offer his shoulder to her until seeing Patrick struggle with the figure on the ground.

SpongeBob: I'm coming, buddy! (Sets Sandy up on her feet before hitting the figure off of Patrick with Ole Reliable)

Patrick: Thanks...Watch out!

The figure lunges at SpongeBob now. He struggles fighting it off since he isn't that strong. It tackles him to the ground, trying to take bites out of him. Patrick scrambles to his feet, but Sandy manages to kick it off SpongeBob with a thunderous kick to the face.

Sandy: HIYA!

SpongeBob: (breathing with relief knowing he's no longer being attacked) Thanks, Sandy.

Sandy: Don't mention it, little square dude. (helps him back up to his feet along with Patrick)

SpongeBob: What the heck was that?!

Patrick: How am I supposed to know?!

Sandy: It ain't nothing good, I can tell you. I saw a few others earlier off in the distance...eating poor sea critters...

SpongeBob: EATING sea critters?!

Patrick: I don't even get that hungry.

The surrounding jellyfish begin to scatter away. The trio notices this right as growling noises are heard coming from behind. They turn back and glance over.

Patrick: ...Fishpaste.

About 8 pale figures are pacing their way towards them.

SpongeBob: We should-

Sandy: RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

They all begin making a break for Sandy's truck back near the loading/parking area, the figures mustering up the energy to run as best they can and give chase. Sandy stops for a moment, looking back at the equipment she's leaving behind. SpongeBob grabs her hand and tries pulling her away.

SpongeBob: Sandy, we can come back for that later.

Patrick: Yeah, let's try getting out of here with our lives first! (assists SpongeBob in pulling her away and continuing to head towards her truck. They hear more screams of terror coming from all around the fields, seemingly infested with these ghouls)

They finally make it to the parking area where some of the jellyfishers and spectators are hanging around in preparation for the jellyfish, their noise somewhat phasing out the screams. The people notice the jellyfish scattering away from the area.

Jellyfisher: Where are all the jellyfish heading off to? Is this normal?

Jellyspotter: Meep?

Sandy: Y'all gotta get up outta here!

Jellyfisher: What the hell for? The migration ain't over yet!

Sandy: There are...critters out there eating other critters! They were mean, nasty and none too bright. Please, you have to listen to me!

???: Hold it!

They all turn to see a familiar face in the Jellyfishing community.

Kevin the Sea Cucumber: What's your game here, squirrel?

SpongeBob: ...Kevin the Sea Cucumber.

Kevin: I know what it is, you all want to start a ruckus to drive everyone away, so that you all can head out there and hunt the big one down all your own, King Jellyfish. Well I ain't buying this crap and so shouldn't all of you.

SpongeBob: As big of a fan as I am, she's telling the truth gosh darn it!

Patrick: We fought one of them off, ourselves. And there's more of them coming this way.

SpongeBob: A lot from the sound of it.

Kevin: Oh shut it, SquarePants! There's only one person here who's gonna catch that King Jellyfish, and it's gonna be me!

SpongeBob: Just listen, please-

Jellyspotter: Meep, you tell them, Kevin- (The spotter is attacked from behind by two ghouls, biting into and slowly killing him)

The people go into a frenzy, heading toward their vehicles as the other ghouls storm in, taking down more of the spectators one by one and eating into them.

Kevin: Cnidaria Rex!

The Jellyspotters fight some of the ghouls off, protecting their team leader, Kevin. Some of them even flat-out willing to put themselves in the line of fire for him jumping between him and the ghouls to prevent him from getting grabbed and bitten. Sandy jumps into the drivers seat of truck as Patrick rides shotgun since couldn't lift himself into the truck bed, leaving SpongeBob to jump in the bed.

Sandy: Y'all hang on! (She starts up the ignition and peels out as fast as they could, leaving the rest of the Jellyfishing community to their fate)

They speed their way through Jellyfish Fields, trying to find a way back to the main road. SpongeBob gets up and looks around their surroundings, the fields being infested with all sorts of ghouls ranging from fresh to decomposing corpses to flat-out skeletons. He sees some other stray jellyfish enthusiasts falling victim to these monstrosities as they continue to speed on through. SpongeBob is in disbelief as he takes all this in. Sandy runs down some ghouls with her truck along the way.

Sandy: Got some pretty unstable terrain coming!

SpongeBob: What in the worl-

The truck starts going through some bumpy hills, knocking SpongeBob off balance and sending him flying from the truck bed out out onto the rough ground. SpongeBob struggles to get back to his feet as he watches the truck go farther and farther away into the distance. Sandy is too preoccupied navigating through the terrain to notice and Patrick is too busy getting car sick, regurgitating some of those sand cakes from earlier.

Sandy: You doing okay back there, SpongeBob?! (there is no answer) SpongeBob?

Patrick: You alright back there, buddy? (turns back to see that SpongeBob is gone) SpongeBob?! Lucky barnacle.

Sandy: (turns back and notices that he's gone) What happened to him?!

Patrick: Looks like he got off this hell ride. Lucky duck.

Sandy: We're going back for him! (She turns the truck around only see a bunch of ghouls tailing them) We can go through them.

Patrick: What?!

Sandy: We're not leaving SpongeBob behind!

Patrick: Sandy, I can vouch that SpongeBob knows these fields better than anyone else in all of Jellydom. He is a man. He has the razor to show for it.

Sandy: What are you saying we should do?!

Patrick: Let's leave! We'll find shelter, wait for the police to do their thing and head back when things die down.

Sandy: But he could be injured, we can't just leave him to fend for himself!

Some ghouls start attacking the truck from the sides, trying to pound their into the truck and climb into the truck bed.

Patrick: Floor it! slams his foot on the gas pedal, accelerating the car as Sandy hastily steers them back on track to where they were headed, leaving Jellyfish Fields behind them. Don't worry, buddy, we'll be coming back for ya!

SpongeBob gets back up to his feet a number of yards away, squirming a bit from the pain of the fall. He gets back to his senses as two ghouls approach him.

SpongeBob: Holy scheisse! (steps back to get away from them and lands two punches to their faces, sending them back a bit but barely even affecting them) Get away from me!

He trips over his feet and falls back to the ground. He sees that Ole Reliable landed a few feet away from him. He crawls towards it in order to have some fighting chance against these monsters. He firmly grasps it and uses the handle to bluntly jab the ghouls in the face, impaling one of them through the eye, taking that ghoul down. He uses his net to wrap the other ghoul up before landing some punches on it's retrained body. He grabs the net's handle and pulls it back, tossing the ghoul to the ground. He picks up a rather large rock from the ground and uses it to beat it's head in repeatedly until it's smashed in. He breathes heavily from the amount of effort he put in to take the ghouls down. He fully kneels down looks at his hands in disbelief over what he had just did.

SpongeBob: Oh dear Neptune. What the hell is going on?

He looks up to find himself getting surrounding by more of these things. He grab Ole Reliable and makes a run for it down the fields. He runs like the wind towards parts unknown, not wanting to look back, yet knowing he's being followed by these freaks of nature. He just looks on intently at what's ahead of him, overlooking a trench and finds himself running right down it, descending into the abyss below, trying to break his fall by clinging to the cliff wall but still ends up landing pretty hard at the bottom.

SpongeBob: Ugh, things just can't possibly get any worse!

A body lands right beside him. He turns it over to see that it's one of the ghouls, still alive as it tries to grab ahold of his arm.

SpongeBob: Get the fuck off of me! (curb stomps the ghoul's head in)

SpongeBob looks up to see more ghouls falling down into the trench, his heart dropping as they drop. He hears a noise behind him. He takes Ole Reliable and quickly spins around to attack.

SpongeBob: IM A SPONGE! (swings Ole Reliable only to have a his arm caught by a soapy, wet hand)

???: Woah!

SpongeBob almost immediately recognizes this person, dropping Ole Reliable to the ground as the scene fades to black.

Spoiler

Character Introductions: SpongeBob, Squidward, Gary, Patrick, Sandy, Barbara, Bob, Perch Perkins, Kevin, Bus Driver

Locations Explored: Conch Street, Jellyfish Fields

Expects things to pick up in the coming episodes. Things will gradually transition to more mature language and themes as the overall grimness of the zombie apocalypse settles in. Trying my damnedest to perfectly mesh together the positive aspects from both The Walking Dead and SpongeBob to get something entertaining going. Hope some of ya will enjoy it.

• Like 4

Episode 2: Dome, Sweet Dome

SpongeBob's arm is still caught in the other person's wet grasp as Ole Reliable crashed to the rocky ground below them. SpongeBob recognizes this individual and squints his eyes staring at him, looking on in disbelief as the look on his face confirms his recognition.

SpongeBob: ...Bubble Buddy?

Bubble Buddy: Dang, it is you, you crazy son of a beluga whale!

Bubble Buddy pulls SpongeBob into an embrace, glad to be reunited with his creator. SpongeBob, relieved, returns the warm embrace and they hug it out for a few more seconds until another ghoul came crashing down into the ravine. SpongeBob and Bubble Buddy break it up and look down at floored ghoul before looking back up to see more following it's trail.

SpongeBob: What the heck are you doing here?!

Bubble Buddy: I came here for the Jellyfish Migration with my son-

SpongeBob: Son? YOU have a son?

Another, More smaller, figure came out from behind a small boulder, apparently in hiding. It was another being made out of bubbles, shaped like a kid. He put a bubble hat on his head before hiding behind his father.

Bubble Buddy: This is my boy, Shiny.

SpongeBob: Shiny? (approaches the pair, trying to get a better look at Shiny) Hey there, little guy. I wish we could've had this meeting under...better circumstances.

Bubble Buddy: We were going to surprise you during the Migration festivities...but I'm sure you know what went down.

SpongeBob: Wait, if this is your son, how'd you- (A ghoul came crashing down near them, interrupting their conversation and startling them) DAMN!

Bubble Buddy: How's about we catch up on things later?

SpongeBob: Yeah, yeah. (quickly swipes Ole Reliable from the ground, panicking) Is there a way out of this ravine?!

Bubble Buddy: Shiny and I stumbled down here through a cave system we escaped into when those...things, whatever the hell they are, began attacking our attacking our tour group. I'm pretty sure all these cave systems are interconnected and should lead us out somewhere. Hopefully to some place freaking safe. Don't let me catch you using that word, Shiny!

SpongeBob: (turns to the left and sees a tunnel) There's a tunnel right there!

Bubble Buddy: That's the one me and Shiny came through. Those freaks were tailing us inside!

Shiny: (points to the opposite direction) Daddy, that one!

SpongeBob and Bubble Buddy turn to look and that there is another tunnel entrance. The ghouls that crashed to the ground begin stirring as they try to make it back up to their feet. More ghouls continue to flood down into the ravine. Bubble Buddy grabs hold of Shiny and lifts him into his arms, jumping out of the way rom the falling monstrosities. SpongeBob does the same.

SpongeBob: You think it's safe to go through there?!

Bubble Buddy: I don't think it's safe anywhere in these damn caverns, honestly, but we don't have much choice.

One of the floored ghouls had crawled it's way to Bubble Buddy and grabs him by his leg, trying to bite him.

Bubble Buddy: Holy shit!

SpongeBob: Mother of Pearl!

Bubble tries to shake the ghoul off but is tripped for trouble, dropping Shiny with him. He lands a few kicks to the ghoul, but they just aren't strong enough to break it's grip. The ghoul begins to pull Bubble Buddy towards it, supporting it as it crawls it's own way towards Bubble Buddy and his child.

SpongeBob: I gotcha, Buddy! (runs over and grabs Shiny from Bubble Buddy's arms before proceeding to stomp down on the ghoul's head. The ghoul let's go of Bubble Buddy and grabs Spongebob's leg, pulling the sponge down to the ground with Shiny in his arms) AAAAHHH!

Bubble Buddy had managed to crawl away from the ghoul and turns back to notice his friend and son in danger. He looks around to find something useful to use and spots a sizable rock close by and takes it in hand. He gets up and towards the ghoul, who is trying to pull his son and SpongeBob closer. Shiny screams in terror and fueled by his desire to save his son and creator, Bubble Buddy heaves the rock over his head and slams it on the ghoul's skull, the sheer force crushing it under it in. The ghoul stops moving, apparently killed from the blow.

SpongeBob: (sighs)Oh, thank Neptune. You alright, little guy?

Shiny: ...

Bubble Buddy: It's alright. (picks Shiny up and puts him back on his feet) He's just a bit shaken up. (offers SpongeBob a hand) Come on, pal. We gotta get somewhere safe.

SpongeBob: (Takes Bubble Buddy's hand and is pulled back up to his feet) Yeah.

They all proceed to run towards the direction of the right tunnel, entering utter darkness as they delve deeper into the underground. We see Sandy and Patrick again, now on the roadway, continuing to make their way towards shelter. They drive by more groups of those rabid ghouls, some even devouring whatever poor soul that got themselves caught in their wake. Boat mobiles were in a mad dash to get to any safe haven the drivers could find. Some boat mobiles crashed into each other, causing some massive pile-ups, or careened off the road. Sandy had trouble maneuvering around the hazards and near-collisions, causing some surface damage to her truck in the process. Ghoul or not, some drivers didn't care who they ran over just as long as they could get from point A to point B. Cries for help echoed throughout the creation. Sandy and Patrick surveyed their surroundings. The sight of people being killed and downright devoured before their eyes, blood and all sorts of guts and other fish body parts flowing everywhere, was hard for them to take in.

Sandy: These poor critters...We have to do something!

Patrick: Are you fucking nuts?! What the hell can we do?!

Sandy: We could've gone back for SpongeBob!

Patrick: Oh, not this again-

Sandy: We could've went back and save him, but God knows what happened to him because you made us leave him there!

Patrick: Hey, I don't deserve no lip service, especially from a squirrel! Unlike you, I'm thinking about about saving our skins here, believe it or not!

Sandy: But how could you just leave SpongeBob back there?!

Patrick: Unlike you, I've known him all my life and I know he won't get himself killed out there! I've seen him go through other tight situations before.

Sandy: Other situations? Some of which you helped cause, no doubt. SpongeBob's a gentle soul, a child-at-heart, he won't be able to get past a bunch of cannibalistic killing machines!

Patrick: That's where you're wrong. When it comes down to it, SpongeBob always pull through in the clutch.

SpongeBob, Bubble Buddy and Shiny reach the end of the tunnel and enter a vast cavern which looks to be the intercepting point that all the tunnels intersect. A ghoul grabs SpongeBob's arm from the side of the tunnel exit right as they run on through, yanking SpongeBob in for a bite.

SpongeBob: OH NO!

SpongeBob tries to pull his arm through the ghoul's clutch, but the ghoul isn't letting go. The ghoul goes to bite the side of his square body but SpongeBob uses his other arm to hold it back, grappling around with it in order to wrestle himself free. SpongeBob shrieks and grunts as he begins losing the struggle, but Bubble Buddy comes up and clocks the ghoul right in the face, sending it reeling back. Bubble Buddy grabs SpongeBob by his shoulder and pulls him back a few steps.

SpongeBob: I guess I owe you two- LOOK OUT!

Bubble Buddy turns around but is pounced on by the same ghoul, this time trying to take a bite of him. Bubble Buddy puts up a valiant effort to shake it off but the ghoul is desperate to take a bite out of him.

Shiny: DADDY!

SpongeBob thought fast and grabbed hold of Ole Reliable before proceeding to clobber the ghoul's face in with the handle of the net a good three times, driving it off Bubble Buddy. The ghoul reels back yet again but regains balance as it starts pacing toward them again. SpongeBob uses the same method of beat the ghoul back with his neck each the ghoul attempts to make it's way towards him. He backs the ghoul all the way back until it stood right in front of a still developing stalagmite. SpongeBob knew what he had to do and kicked the monster right onto the stalagmite, impaling it through it's abdomen, causing some blood splatter out onto SpongeBob. SpongeBob uses his tie to wipe some of it off his face but is shocked to see that the ghoul is still stirring around, even after it was impaled. Bubble Buddy slowly approaches it to get a better look with Shiny hiding behind him.

Bubble Buddy: I guess you just owe me one now.

SpongeBob: What in Neptune's name is that thing?!

Bubble Buddy: A bigger freak of nature than I am, that's for sure. They're not just normal folk who snapped and went batfish insane.

SpongeBob: They look like shit, and they smell like it too.

Shiny: Swear.

SpongeBob: Huh? Oh, sorry about that.

Bubble Buddy: They seem to get off eating other folk. I thought fish don't eat other fish?

SpongeBob: Majority of us usually don't. Mostly just psycho fishes and whatnot. Hell, most sharks I know strictly restrain themselves and eat regular food. But these...things, they're ravenous...animalistic. They defy nature as I know it.

Bubble Buddy: They look like regular folk, but they're far from it. I don't know what the hell's going on but things are getting a little weird here.

SpongeBob: Ha, a little? Understatement of the year.

Bubble Buddy: We can't stay here, Shiny and I, we can't stay here. Obviously, things are going down the toilet here and I don't want Shiny to have to see and go through anymore of, well, this. I need to get him back home where at least I know it's safe.

SpongeBob: I don't blame you for wanting to get your son back home but I don't know if you saw what I saw out there because those things were absolutely everywhere out there. No offense, Buddy, but how do you expect to get through all of them?

Bubble Buddy: I'll think of something. Surely, there must be some vehicles up there, considering all the people who came down for the migration. There has to be.

SpongeBob: And if there ain't?

Bubble Buddy: There has to be, SpongeBob.

SpongeBob: ...Alrighty then. I guess it wouldn't hurt to look around, much. I'll back you up here.

Bubble Buddy: You sure, you seemed pretty adamant about there not being a boat mobile up there.

SpongeBob: Hey, I still owe you one. The least I can do is help you and your boy get to some place safe. I'm sure as hell that it ain't gonna be much safer back in Bikini Bottom from the looks of things.

Bubble Buddy: Thanks, buddy. So where are we?

SpongeBob: This place actually looks pretty familiar. This must be another one of those underground caverns.

Bubble Buddy: You've explored in these before?

SpongeBob: Plankton, my boss' rival, stumbled upon one of these under the Chum Bucket and tried making a profit off of it. Hmm, they all must be connected somehow through here.

Bubble Buddy: You think we could be able to find a way back to the Krusty Krab through here?

SpongeBob: I don't know, I'm not really familiar with the layout of these caves. We might end up getting ourselves lost in some maze...or worse.

Bubble Buddy: Better to take the high road, then?

SpongeBob: Seems like our only sure-fire option of getting you and Shiny out of here.

Shiny: Dad, look. (Shiny points out at one of the tunnels, one with some light emanating through it)

Bubble Buddy: Looks like we might have found our alternative way out.

SpongeBob: Sharp eyes, kid! (firmly grips Ole Reliable) Let's check it out.

Bubble Buddy: (takes hold of Shiny's hand) Keep your guard up, we don't know what may be on the other side.

SpongeBob: You don't have to tell me twice.

The trio proceed to walk into the slightly lit tunnel, ready to take on whatever may be waiting for them on the other side. Meanwhile, Sanyasi and Patrick are still driving towards shelter. Sandy squints as she sees something off in the distance.

Sandy: I can see the Treedome from here!

Patrick: About dang time.

Sandy: Once we get things shut down and prepare ourselves, we're going back out for SpongeBob.

Patrick: Look, if you wanna die so badly, why don't you just throw yourself out there right now? Save me the grief.

Sandy: Do you ever think about anybody but yourself?

Patrick: Of course I do! Don't you dare make me out like the bad guy here! If it weren't for me, you wouldn't have gone with us to the Jellyfish Migration to conduct your precious research!

Sandy: ...Still, that doesn't mean we should just leave him out there to die.

Patrick: SpongeBob's a man. A big, big man. I know he can take care of himself out there.

Sandy: And if he's hurt?!

Patrick: Are you kidding me? He took on a live-action gorilla with a broken butt-

Sandy: Trying to save us.

Patrick: He's got nerves of steel, Sandy. Trust me.

They finally reach Sandy's place, sanctuary. Sandy and Patrick get out of Sandy's truck and run towards the Treedome, the entrance surrounded by three ghouls.

Sandy: I'm not letting these varmints get anywhere inside my dome!

Patrick: How do you suggest we- (Sandy charges at the ghouls unarmed) You crazy ass airhead, don't have at em' without me!

Sandy lands a stiff kick to one of the ghouls, sending it back into the Dome's iron door, the force of the impact sending it flat on it's tail fin. A second ghoul approaches her, but she manages to land a right hook, causing it to wobble a little but not really phasing the ghoul. Patrick wraps the ghoul up in his net, holding it back from attacking Sandy.

Patrick: I got em'! Just work on getting us inside already! (yanks the ghoul back and throwing it towards the truck, sending it's head crashing through the driver's window.)

Sandy: I'm on it, I'm on it!

The third ghoul grabs Patrick from his blindspot by his head. Patrick struggles to get out of it's grip but the ghoul keeps a firm hand and looks to pull him in for a bite.

Sandy: Patrick! (is grabbed by the ghoul that was kicked against the door. It beats and bites on her oxygen helmet in order to break it) AH!

With a few cracks in her helmet, Sandy lands a few elbows to the ghoul's ribs, giving her an opening to turn and face towards it. She backs it up against the iron door and she proceeds to bash the ghoul against it with all her might. Patrick let's go of his net that was keeping the second ghoul at bay in order to combat the third one that has by his head cap. He lays a few elbows of his own on it, breaking it's grip over him. Freed from the death grip, Patrick turns towards it and lands a few right hooks before tackling it down and pounding it's head in some more. Sandy continues to bash the first ghoul's head into the door, leaving nothing but bloody mush on her door. Having dispatched the ghoul, she turns to help Patrick is but caught off guard by the second, who still has the net over it's head. It tackles her to the ground, the force of the fall causing the cracks of her helmet to spread and actually break apart on impact. With no oxygen, Sandy is forced to struggle even more against monster. Patrick is still preoccupied with beating the third ghoul back to death with his bare hands. Sandy gulps some water in as the second ghoul tries to take a bite out of her. Patrick finishes up his handiwork, the third ghoul ceasing to even move as it's head had been beaten in flat.

Patrick: About damn time you fu- (turns back to see Sandy's plight) SANDY! (Patrick rushes to her aid and kicks the ghoul off of her) GET OFF OF HER YOU SON OF A BITCH! (picks up Sandy, whose struggling to hold her breath, and brings her to the door. He tries opening the door but it's locked) Sandy, do you have a key?! Anything?!

Sandy starts losing consciousness, making it hard for her to do anything.

Patrick: Come on, you fucking squirrel, don't die on me yet! He digs through any pockets and such he could find on her wet suit, but pulls out nothing. Come on, Sandy, work with me here!

Sandy uses the last of her strength to point towards where she had dropped the key. Patrick scurries down and digs through some sand before finally retrieving it. He picks Sandy up over his shoulder and dashes toward the door, neglecting to finish off the second ghoul that was trapped in his net. He unlocks the door and enters the outer sanctum where he slaps on a water helmet before rushing Sandy through the second door, finally back into the sanctity of her air-filled home. He places her on the ground as the ocean water flushes through and gets absorbed into the grass.

Patrick: It's alright, Sandy! We're he, I got you back home...Sandy? he looks down at her limp body, which is motionless Don't worry, little squirrel!

Patrick comes to her aid, resuscitating her without mouth-to-mouth for a minute or two, but to no avail.

Patrick: Darn it, come one, Sandy! You can't kick the bucket yet! I can't go through all this alone here! he presses down on her chest a few times but she's still not responding) Shit paste...I know what I gotta do but I should wash my hands first, after all, she is a squirrel. Ah, fuck it.

He kneels down next to her as he yanks the water helmet off his head, draining all the water it had held. He proceeds to perform mouth-to-mouth before pressing on her chest some more. He puts his head near her chest in order to check if she's breathing, but she's not. He wipe some sweat off his head with his slowly shriveling hand as the harsh air pressure of the Treedome begins to take it's toll on him.

Patrick: Breathe, damn you!

He uses whatever strength he had to inhale as much air as he possibly could before trying to breathe life into her again. He presses down on her chest with everything he had in him. Sandy spits out the water she had taken in back there and stirs around, successfully resuscitated.

Patrick: Y-You owe me...owe me one...Landy...[i(]Patrick passes out from the pressure and exertion, catching a few glimpses of the ghouls that had gathered around the outside of the Treedome before fading out)

Sandy slowly regains consciousness and manger to get herself up off her back. She looks at her surroundings and realizes that she is back inside the relative safety of her home. She looks down to the left of her to see Patrick on the ground, slowly dying and drying up next to her. She notices the empty water helmet next to him and puts two and two together.

Sandy: P-Patrick! (She slips the helmet back over Patrick's head and rushes toward her watering hose in order to fill it up, but is yanked back since her hose can't reach that far Ah, nuts! She briefly pauses to catch her breath some more and rushes to Patrick, pulling him closer to the hose in order to to get him up on his feet. She struggles pulling all his weight over but her strength allows her to get it done. She turns the hose on and proceeds the fill the helmet up until it's filled up all the way) Patrick! Patrick, are you alright, dude?! Please be okay!

Patrick: (Takes a big gulp of water as his eyes slowly open) ...Hot...wings.

Sandy: Oh, my stars and garters, you're alright! (she grabs Patrick for an embrace as he reaches to his senses)

Patrick: Uh, Sandy.

Sandy: What is it?

Patrick: We might have a little problem.

Sandy notices Patrick looking off behind so she turns to look. She looks on frightened as she looks all around the Treedome as it becomes more and more surrounded by a horde of ghouls on the outside. Sandy down at Patrick hopelessly.

Sandy: Well, shit.

SpongeBob, Bubble Buddy and Shiny reach the other side of the tunnel. It leads to another ravine, similar to the one they first met up with each other in. The sun looked to be on the verge of setting, the light they had seen while coming through came from a campfire that some people had apparently set up.

Bubble Buddy: A fire?

SpongeBob: Do you think they're still around?

Bubble Buddy: I don't know, but I doubt those things made it.

SpongeBob: Yeah, they make Patrick seem like Einstein when it comes to the brain department-

???: Who the hell are you?!

A few men, armed with Jellyfishing nets and wearing jellyfish hats pop out from behind some rocks and surround the trio. One of the jellyfishers had no hat on and an obvious limp, as if he had injured his leg.

SpongeBob: Woah! We mean you no harm here!

Jellyfisher 1: We heard your sorry tail fins coming from a mile away, now talk!

SpongeBob: (notices their jellyfish nets) You're jellyfishers? I'm a jellyfisher too, see? (shows them Ole Reliable) No need for any hostilities. We're not those things, in fact, we're like brothers-

Jellyfisher 1: Tell us who you all are or we will put the hurt on you! You're not the only other jellyfishers we came across!

SpongeBob: I-I'm SpongeBob SquarePants! This is my buddy, Bubble Buddy, and his son, Shiny.

Bubble Buddy: Look, we have a kid with us! We mean no harm, we're just looking for a way out of here.

Jellyfisher 2: They look pretty harmless, Mel-

Jellyfisher 1: Harmless NOTHIN! I thought we decided on no longer taking anymore chances?!

Jellyfisher 3: Yeah, Fred! We're only looking out for our own damn selves! Did you forget the last time we place our trust in someone?!

Fred: But-

Mel: It got us sent down this damn hole with suicide being our only option of getting out!

SpongeBob: What are you guys talking about? Who sent you down her-

???: HOLD IT!

Everyone look up at the top of the cliff where about six figures stood, towering before them. SpongeBob recognized the voice and squinted to get a better look at who it was. He gasps at his revelation.

SpongeBob: ...Kevin C. Cucumber.

Kevin: My fan club just seems to keep growing...let's free up some space.

Spoiler

Character Debuts: Bubble Buddy, Shiny, Mel, Fred, Jellyfishing Troop

Locations Explored: Bikini Bottom Caverns, The Treedome

This is some pretty good stuff my man. Been getting into The Walking Dead lately myself and it feels like you are channeling that series and giving it your own twists and turns. Keep it up.

• Like 1

Oh my gosh, this is AMAZING! Please continue it someday~

The suspense of SB ever finding Sandy and Patrick again is killing me! (no pun intended)

I appreciate the feedback on this relic :P I've actually been considering renewing this to help me get back into writing spin-offs, so there may be some hope yet ;)
  • Like 2

I appreciate the feedback on this relic :P I've actually been considering bringing this back to help me get back into writing spin-offs, so there may be some hope yet ;)

Cool :)

Its a really great story! Good work!

To be honest, I should get into writing again too, but it seems I've become lazy... I've actually wanted to start a spin-off myself, so I've been thinking up ideas.

Cool :)

Its a really great story! Good work!

To be honest, I should get into writing again too, but it seems I've become lazy... I've actually wanted to start a spin-off myself, so I've been thinking up ideas.

Thanks! It's much appreciated.

And I know that lazy feeling all too well :P pretty much why I've taken a break from writing spin-offs to focus on straight-up SBC lits. Can't wait to see what you come up with tho

Thanks! It's much appreciated.

And I know that lazy feeling all too well :P pretty much why I've taken a break from writing spin-offs to focus on straight-up SBC lits. Can't wait to see what you come up with tho

No problem!

And thank you! I'll try my best XD