• Advertisement

Best and Worst of Entertainment 2013 Edition

Clappy

Agreed on "Get Lucky" @ song of the year. I'm eagerly awaiting the return of summer so I blast the shit out of it all over again.

I don't watch much TV, but the episodes of Family Guy I saw this year were alright. I'll give them this: killing off Brian for a little was a damn good way to get more viewers.

I fucking hate #thatPOWER. Wil.i.am and Justin Bieber; 2 of the biggest male douchebag musicians; joining together!? That is unacceptable. #thatPOWER is my least favorite song of 2013, with We Can't Stop at #2.

They're putting hashtags in songs now?

Im sorry, but what's next? #MUSICSUCKSNOWADAYS?

Long overdue, but I need to finally put this to rest.  So be really prepared for a shorten condensed version of this.

CLAPPY'S TOP 10 TELEVISION SHOWS OF 2013

10. How I Met Your Mother

Second half of Season 8, great.  First half of Season 9, mediocre.  I wouldn't have this show on my list at all if I tried watching more television this year.  But I didn't and I think the second half of Season 8 should get more love than it currently gets.

9. Gravity Falls

I highly enjoyed what I watched this year.  The only reason this wasn't any higher was because I missed the last few episodes of Season 1 and haven't been too motivated to locate and watch them.

8. Regular Show

Once again it's not higher because I missed nearly the second half of the past season, but this show is just so good.  Easily the best programming for me on Cartoon Network at the moment..

7 & 6. Workaholics/Key & Peele

Comedy Central is finally creating compelling comedy series.  Workaholics is an awesome sitcom that should give Adam DeVine much more work in films, while Key & Peele is like I'm watching a modern day version of Chappelle's Show.  Anyone who watches Comedy Central should watch both of these shows.  It's about time Comedy Central was more than just South Park, both late night daily shows, and Tosh.O which is just becoming unfunnier and unfunnier as the seasons go by.

5. The Voice 

About time this started to beat American Idol in the ratings.  Just goes to show that quality can beat out quantity in the end.  I don't care how many contestants audition for Idol, when you focus on petty judge drama over the contestants, you get a terrible season.  The Voice has not had a bad season yet and the one problem I had was Blake Shelton winning so much.  Adam Levine winning this past season was just and I'm glad he did.  I just hope The Voice eventually has a winner that actually does something in the music industry one of these days though.

4. South Park

Such a great season of this show.  Yeah sure it was hit or miss, but man did the second half of Season 17 hit hard with that Game of Thrones parody trilogy and the Kanye West/Kim Kardashian/Hobbit episode.  Can't wait for Season 18 already.

3. Brooklyn Nine-Nine

More people need to watch this show.  It's the best comedy program on Fox.  With New Girl being incredibly subpar this season and probably should have been on my worst list this year in retrospect.  Andy Samberg deserves so much better since he is a rising star in Hollywood but I'm glad he is in this.  This show is hilarious and adds a new flavor to cop shows that makes it highly entertaining. 

2. Survivor

One of my favorite shows of all time is coming off easily one of the best years this show has had in recent memory.  Fans vs Favorites 2 had an incredibly strong second half of the season to make it one that's hard to forget.  Meanwhile, Blood vs Water turned Survivor into a whole new ballpark in terms of strategy.  Probably two of my favorite seasons of all time and thus giving me high hopes for the new season in two weeks.

1. The Walking Dead

This was the year that cemented The Walking Dead as my favorite program currently airing on television.  The show just keeps me hooked and left excited on what's going to happen next.  Sometimes it underwhelms me, other times it just amazes me.  I am absolutely hooked on this show hook line and sinker and every time the show takes a midseason break, it leaves me just sitting and waiting for it to come back with much anticipation.  It gets incredible viewership for a reason and I'm proud to name The Walking Dead my favorite television show of 2013.

• Like 2

In New Girl's defense, it got a lot better once the second half of the season started. They had to deal with a lot of Schmidt crap and reintroduce Coach, but now that both of those are out of the way it's back to being really great.

And to be fair the one good episode I saw (the job reflection episode you recommended to me) and it was really good. Yet that was in 2014 so maybe New Girl will be back to being good again when I catch up with everything once Season 3 hits Netflix.

Wait when did Comedy Central make something that was unfunny outside of Mind Of Mencina

Any Tosh.O episodes after the year 2011, Nick Swardson's Pretend Time, Ugly Americans (I think that was the name), Gabriel Iglesias's show, Drawn Together (no offense), and so many more shows that got one or two seasons and fell off the face of the network. You know for a network called Comedy Central, they've had a lot more misses than hits.

Wait when did Comedy Central make something that was unfunny outside of Mind Of Mencina

Any Tosh.O episodes after the year 2011, Nick Swardson's Pretend Time, Ugly Americans (I think that was the name), Gabriel Iglesias's show, Drawn Together (no offense), and so many more shows that got one or two seasons and fell off the face of the network. You know for a network called Comedy Central, they've had a lot more misses than hits.

How the hell did anyone expect Gabriel Iglesias to hold his own show?

Easily one of the stupidest decisions Comedy Central has ever made.

I mean, he's popular enough (and I kinda like him) but his whole act is dependent on his impressions. I never saw the show, or any previews for that matter, but unless it was a one-man show then there's no way it could've even kind of succeeded.

Still a smart decision compared to this, though:

The%2BJeff%2BDunham%2BShow.png

I mean, he's popular enough (and I kinda like him) but his whole act is dependent on his impressions. I never saw the show, or any previews for that matter, but unless it was a one-man show then there's no way it could've even kind of succeeded.

Still a smart decision compared to this, though:

The%2BJeff%2BDunham%2BShow.png

Oh thanks for reminding me of The Jeff Dunham Show. I thought I finally had that bad series out of my memory banks. There you go Spanky, another bad Comedy Central series to me. I say to me because I know some people on SBC actually enjoyed Jeff Dunham.

Honestly, I think Jeff Dunham is a good comedian, but the Jeff Dunham show was just a bad, bad idea.

Jeff Dunham is a ok comedian. I'll give him kudos for his ventriloquism because it's hard to pull off. I absolutely loathe how overexposed his characters got. If I hear one more Achmed "silence I kill you" quote, I'm going to break.
  • Like 1

I find Jeff Dunham irritating as shit, but i'll give him two things: he's a good ventriloquist, and Walter is actually pretty funny when i'm in the mood. His overall act annoys me though. Especially dumbass rednecks who think it's funny to quote it (which is prevalent around here).

• Like 1

I find Jeff Dunham irritating as shit, but i'll give him two things: he's a good ventriloquist, and Walter is actually pretty funny when i'm in the mood. His overall act annoys me though. Especially dumbass rednecks who think it's funny to quote it (which is prevalent around here).

It's also prevalent in middle schools across the nation.

• Like 4