• Advertisement

Steel's 20 Musical Song Turn-offs

101 Dalmatian Street

(No, not musical as in musicals, just me trying to think of a name. Meh, just saying.)

So, to fill in a spot for my 6th anniversary celebration, I'd thought I'd do this, with credit going to Clappy and his worst 50 countdown, as an inspiration for my attempt at one of these. (Except there's only 20 to go by) If this feels like "ripping off" or not worth something out of the celebration, I can always do something else and set this out for a while.

I'll start this list soon enough...perhaps when I can think of 20 songs I can consider as least favorites. To put more detail into this, there's some specifics songs/artists that won't pretty much make this list, as they would be under the category "not worth ranking/not worth listening" IMO. (With songs like "My Jeans," "Hot Problems," "Baby," "Chacarron Macarron" and most rap songs along with some others, and artists like NIcki Minaj, Ke$ha, Lil Wayne, Christian and the Hedgehog Boys, etc.)

If there's some "bad songs" I would probably not like that you'd like to request to me, you can go ahead and shoot before I get started.

Alright, so recently I got around to picking out some of my non-favorite songs and I should have 20. So, before I start this countdown real soon, consider the following warning signs:

1. Half of these songs inherit from Clappy's least favorites with 30 percent inheriting from Wumbo, so yeah, some/most of their picks on worst songs would come from my seal of disapproval, but don't take some of picks that you might see like as if I'm being a moon kisser.

2. Don't go crying to me if you don't see any song from Justin Bieber on this. Maybe or maybe not I have a least favorite song from him.

3. Expect two-three animated songs in this song. I gotta say, they're not much likely wise choices, since choosing a bad song from anything animated is a hard choice IMO. Just so you know, I'm aware of that ONE song.

4. These picks are what I consider my least favorites...so far; they're my opinion, and my opinion only, but sadly also Wumbo and Clappy's opinions, depending on what you see on the list. I can be pretty shabby with criticizing music, so just bear with me.

I hope you'll enjoy it. #20 and #19 will up at some point, or say...this week.

Here we go...

#20. Invisible / Clay Aiken

So why do I not like this song you may ask? The lyrics are creepy, making it out like a stalker song, OK BYE!

Ahem, with all seriousness, this song is kinda sorta an add-on to the list, like Pat no Pay for my top 20 worst Spongebob episodes. What do I think of Invisible? It sounds like a good song in my opinion, but when it comes to Wumbo and Clappy's thoughts on it, it becomes overshadowed with lyrics that imply the words of a stalker. Speaking of those two, I lied about half of these picks being from Clappy and Wumbo. As I did the counting, expect 7 songs from their list being on my own list, starting with Invisible. Invisible has its share of lyrics such as...

If I was invisible
Then I could just watch you in your room

*sarcasm* That definately does not sound creepy at all. I don't know whom Clay Aiken is singing about, but he must be that attached with that...someone, eh...

I would be the smartest man
If I was invisible
(Wait..I already am)

If I was Invisible, I can watch you in any room- just kidding, I already am invisible! But is Clay implying that he is invisible? Does that mean that he is an invisible man and the singer before us is just a decoy or something? Very much unlikely. I think I can understand what this song is probably centering, I guess. The singer wants to be noticed by that certain someone, but the singer can only get to know that person without knowing what the person is usually doing. Additionally, the singer tries getting the person's attention, noting that he wants the person to notice him, but couldn't do as much to bring the person into his life, hence making him feel invisible in front of that...someone. Yeah, heck if I know what the song is about, I'm only using my brain to try and make out with the lyrics. Anyways, Invisible is #20 for it's creepy lyrics while it has Clay's voice as a nice touch. So to me, it's a bittersweet song, if that's what I should call it. Plus, if the lyrics out of Every Step You Take or any other song similar to that isn't considered creepy, then I don't know what is.

#19. Drinking From the Bottle / Calvin Harris and Tinie Tempah

People got their very own musical artist turn-offs with Nickelback, Ke$ha and Nicki Minaj being some notable examples. I'm sorry but I just can't loathe Nickelback. I'm not a big fan, but I don't find songs like "Photograph" and "Far Away" being terrible. I can understand the hatred with those guys nowadays if their music is "always the same." To discuss another Nickelback song, I feel ashamed with using "Burn it to the Ground" as one of the songs for the 13th ep of Guru Gakuto, yet that was before I realized the internet really REALLY hated Nickelback. If their music is that bad, then I don't have a reason to listen to them more. However, there's one Nickelback song that made the list, but you'll have to wait. Enough with the Nickelback-talk.....

(Note that the original music video has content warning if you're wondering about this video being on here) The guys who did this song, which is #19, are not Nickelback, but when it comes to turn-offs, I can say that I'm not a big fan of Calvin Harris' composed music. Though, out of all of Harris' singles, his and Ne-Yo's "Let's Go" doesn't disappoint. This song, however, is not...terrible. Compared to two of his other songs (one of them not including an assiocated act), Drinking From the Bottle isn't as shabby, but managed to placed on my countdown.

What is my problem with this song? It doesn't do a lot of justice for me. Upon Invisible's placement where I consider it "bittersweet," Drinking From the Bottle's placement is where I call it "being near the bad bracket." The way I view this song is your average everyday drinking in the club dance song.

Got them girls gone Cindy Lauper, Gaga and a little Blondie

Yeah, I'm not getting that metaphor. I mean, why drop some celebrity names into this song? To me, it's not making any sense. The song has some good lyrics here and there, but that...that didn't do well.

Got the girls going Heidi Klum, the Kardashians, Rihanna, all types

And here's another example right there that I can't seem to understand. Overall, what I've summed up is the reason why I do not like this one, with the celebrity metaphors and the obligatory point behind the song, while I don't find it as bad as the rest, except Invisible.

Next time on Steel's Bottom 20 songs....

-A couple of songs from an animated movie that managed to become a tie in its own.

-This one song! Kneels before you! Ad lib this phrase now!

• Like 1

18. Tie: Friends to the End & God's Little Creatures / Tom and Jerry the Movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSHTKeo_NBo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaCDxIR14KY

Okay you got me, another thing you can straight out recognize as being criticized by the Nostalgia Critic himself, but I can agree with how the first song turned out to be: bland. Coming from my opinion, what's the first thing that I find bad about the song? Obviously, seeing Tom and Jerry talking and singing is one good point to start off with, but....Frankie the flea's voice...for someone who generally likes Tom Kenny's singing as Spongebob and doesn't find it as annoying, I feel like comparing that to Frankie even though they're not technically the same. Frankie the flea's voice just annoys me a bit and ironically doesn't go together with the voice out of Puggsy. The second problem is well...

You'll never find two other guys

Compatible as steak and fries

Oh yes, the bewildered world of lyrical similies and metaphors, whether or not they're good or bad. I guess I can agree, steak and fries is not a bad choice of a meal, but I wouldn't bet on its "glorious combination." There's more though...

Much of a mind
We find our way together
Thinkin' as one
Searchin' for sunny skies

Implying that a dog and flea, common mortal enemies make a good pair that can see clearly now when the rain is gone. Alright, I don't judge.

We know the weather will mend
Won't it my friend?

We'll weather life together

Um, we'll weather life together? Pretty much, the other half of the song seems like a play on expressing their friendship by comparing it to the weather. If that's the case, then it should seem fitting for Groudon and Kyogre when they weather life together, but when they do it, they end up putting lives and landmarks at risk.

Be like us and start a trend
Be friends to the end

If you put it that way, then I assume Tom and Jerry's friendship during the film would only mean that it was a "trend" and decided to just join the fad for a while. I'm just being surreal here....with Tom and Jerry's singing parts in the way, let's talk about that part of the song. For starters, it's the same pieces of lyrics Puggsy and Frankie have sung aside from the non-singing compliments. Tom's singing wasn't as bad, but I won't be surprised with not being pleased with hearing Jerry sing, but hey, Dana Hill was a good enough choice to voice Jerry in the movie. Overall, it doesn't manage to outrank the other songs to be listed, but it was still kinda painful to listen to. Maybe I will change my mind on how to rank this after the countdown is over, who knows?

--

Moving on to God's Little Creatures, not much of a good choice, but it's not always easing finding a 'bad' animated song IMO. It's like a combination of the blandess from Friends to the End and meaning of Money is a Beautiful Word. Speaking of the latter, it doesn't do enough justice to make the list. About the song...

God's Little Creatures

With sweet and furry features

Four-legged friends

I would go to the ends of the earth to protect

Seems like Dr. Applecheek/s has his own superhero origin and vivid desire for protecting animals.

Men like myself

Put their lives on the shelves

To be kind to our pets

My whole life is animals

From morning till night

Speaking of protecting animals and his life being centered by it, it just utters "get away from me." but wait! With the change of mood and sound of a villain song, there goes gravity.

Yes animals are business

A money making business

Yep, what did we expect? A villain who does bad for the money and does a whole song about to explain how much of a jerk he usually is? I guess that sums it up. Like the first song would go, these two choices are as compatible on the list as steak and fries. Enough talk with the Tom and Jerry the Movie songs, let's get on to our next subject...

17. Two Princes / Spin Doctors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdy_rct6uo

Two Princes...what has it done to make it in my turn-offs list before you? Just make a guess now. See the pattern I'm talking about towards you? That's what I said now. Would you say it's a worthy pick in my pockets? Just go ahead now. 

One, two princes kneel before you
That what I said now
Princes, princes who adore you
Just go ahead now
One has diamonds in his pockets
That's some bread, now
This one said he wants to buy you rockets
Ain't in his head, now

It at least takes a different turn in the couple other verses, but with seriousness, I'm not as impressed with this song. What doesn't really help is with the -conjunction -clause- -noun- -"now"- tic in the lyrics. Oh yeah, and at one point of the song, the singer would go IMMA SCATMAN for a good moment. And not to mention that one line that you'd probably play around with in a drinking game. Just go ahead now, take a drink whenever the lines "just go ahead now" pops up during the song. Overall opinion, the ridiculous repetition and brief beep ba bop makes the list as one of my turn-offs. And yep...I don't have much else to discuss.

Coming up next on my list:

-Think of a word. The most frequently overused word at the top of your head before it was starting to rot

-Another animated song, as well as the last song. It should be obvious...

16. The Motto / Drake feat. Lil Wayne (and Tyga?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYDKK95cpfM

Remember when I said there would be 7 songs that you can recognize from Clappy and Wumbo's list? Because I failed one spot check, there's now 8. This song is here to replace what could've been #16 before, which is Flo Rida's "Good Feeling." Here's another shocker: a song with Lil Wayne that is not the list even though I said before that Lil Wayne won't be counted for. Considering my vendetta about the motto itself, "YOLO," you can tell why this song managed to be on my list. But that's not the only thing...

As you can tell, I'm not very much of a rap person. Expect some more rap songs to be on here. Are the lyrics any bad? Coming from me...I dunno know. It doesn't have as much nice touches, but I can't give the song this proper placement because Drake apparently "ruined my life" from that motto.

What have I got to say about this? I'm crying on the inside. The song itself spreads the annoying and frequently used motto, some of the lyrics are just plain bad, I don't like the consecutive beat throughout the song and...that's all I could say. It isn't as high for the reason that it's not a too bad song, hence why I can't give out any more reasons why I don't like this song....

#15: It's Party Time / ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxHNztg0X3s

Spoiler

Well, of beeping course! Why is this abomination only at #15? I can only figure that charted songs can have a more better placement that an already bad rap song about partying on a ship that isn't a charted single and never needed to be! Coming from criticially the worst animated movie ever and a movie taking place during the events of the Titanic's sink, it's no wonder how this song got into my list, even the fact that I'm listening to a

rapping dog adds up to it. It's bad, I know. In fact, it's kinda hillariously bad. Not even the slapstick interruptions can make this song better. The recycled animated scenes very much make the song feel worse. Go ahead and listen to something else like "I'm on a Boat." In conclusion, cheers to the last animated song my list.

Next up on my turn-offs list:

Two songs each from Wumbo and Clappy's respective lists.

The first curtain implies a bad song that samples a good song.

The second curtain wrestles with The Motto with its word choice and ends up being worse in my book.

• Like 1

14. Whatcha Say / Jason Derulo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBI3lc18k8Q

Oh boy, the distressful world of song sampling. In this world we live in, songs such as "You Spin me Right Round" and "Dragostea Din Tei" share this fate with a song made notable for its general quality and a Saturday Night Live sketch, or Imogen Heap's "Hide and Seek." Jason Derulo's Whatcha Say would be the the unfortunate son.

In JASON DERULOOOO's song, it samples up "Hide and Seek." Lyric wise, here's what I got to say for some few lines...

I (I) was so wrong (wrong)
for so long (long)
trying to please myself (myself)
Girl I (I) was caught up (up) on her lust (lust)-

It would be funny to start criticizing this with the "words being said twice" scheme, but let me continue...

Girl, I was caught up in her lust
When I don't really want no one else

Except the other girl you were talking about. Dohoho.

So, no I know I should of treated you better
But me and you were meant to last forever

Yeah, I'd imagine you and your girlfriend still together, old and wrinkly in your rocking chairs.

Girl, tell me whatcha said
I don't want you to leave me
Though you caught me cheatin'

Well, as I can see, this song is pointing out that Derulo learned his lesson and wants to get back together with the girl, even after pulling off a low from the traits of a "bad boyfriend."

I also decided to do some research from the song that was sampled itself, Hide and Seek to see how a folktronica song I could hardly understand is linked toward Whatcha Say. And I believe there is no point to it.

What do I think of this? It's fairly bad when it comes to the lyrics behind the song, the autotuneness and misunderstandable song sampling. In addition, what do I think of Imogen Heap's Hide and Seek? To be honest, I can't get myself into that song. In my views, Hide and Seek is like Kix cereal, people seem to love it, but when it comes to me, I can't understand why it is enjoyable. On the bright side, I don't hate it and it's at least much better than Jason Derulo's song.

In the long run, Dear Jason Derulo....

13. Swagger Jagger / Cher Lloyd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdbyG2MrBHk

Most of us have known about the 7th season of the X-Factor. Cher Lloyd was one of the finalists. One Direction came in third. And I suppose nobody gave a flying fudge brownie about Matt Cardle. Yet again, Cher and 1D managed to become successful like Matt.

Okay, so how does the admittedly catchy tune get ruined by this song? Guess what is one of my least favorite frequently used words. It goes by that one word. Seriously, this is the first single that came from the singer that got as much notoriety as 1D? Anyways, first impressions on this song....

You can't stop looking at me, staring at me, be what I be,
You can't stop looking at me,
So get up out my face,
You can't stop clicking at me,
Writing 'bout me, tweeting 'bout me

You know, there are words that rhyme with me, but since you expect for me to talking about you, referring to yourself as "me," why bother make some suggestions? Too bad for you, I have better things to do than not being able to stop doing stuff that has ado with you, my cursor indicates no attraction towards you and I don't have a Twitter. Very much to write about though, and these are the first set of lyrics.

Swagger jagger, swagger jagger
You should get some of your own
Count that money, get your game up
You're a hater, just let it go

Swagger jagger, huh? That's the word you came up with to side with "swagger?" It wouldn't make any sense when you interpret the Rolling Stones' frontman's last name "Jagger," but it's still ridiculous. According to the dictionary I looked into from Google search, jagger is described to be a flap hanging along the edge of an article of clothing, if I paraphrased it correctly. No, I do not want any swagger jagger for an obvious reason as well as my lacking of having a "jagger." I guess you're right if I'm a hater and I should let it go, but the review for this is not even done yet...

You can't stop YouTube-ing me

Fine, I admit it. I am indeed "Youtube-ing you," but I'll have you know it's under these circumstances. If this song was longer, I'm not sure how much I could take, but it's simply three minutes long. What I do not like about this song is the use and main subject of THAT ONE WORD and a set of lyrics that sound egocentric and horrendous to boot, which overshadows the non-lyrical catchiness.

Next up..

The worst kind of Kryptonite

It's so fly and it's the most confusing thing I have heard...sorta.

20. Eh, it's okay. Clay Aiken is a capable singer, the melody and guitar are decent, but the lyrics are confusing and the vocal arrangement reminds me of gospel music for some reason. (Also, that other song you mentioned is called "Every Breath You Take" and Sting intentionally wrote it from a stalker's perspective. In my opinion, it's the only thing that makes that song interesting despite its lite-rock melody and arrangement. Yes, I like fucking Coldplay, but think this 80's classic would be boring if it weren't for the lyrics, go figure. It's not terrible, but The Police have made better songs than that one.) 

19. Yeah, those celebrity metaphors are confusing and all over the place and I also don't like the mentality of "If you're not thin or using illegal substance that could put you in prison, then I don't want you" in the lyrics. The electronic beat isn't that bad, though; I wouldn't mind dancing to it. 

18. Tom & Jerry being friends is a concept that I'm still trying to grasp. I don't like Frankie's voice either and it definitely hits that nasal tone and high pitch which constitute most of my least favorite vocals in music. It's boring, like you said, and also pretty cheesy.

As for God's Little Creatures--man that had some awkward rhyming (don't ever rhyme "self" with...anything, really) and the tone of the lyrics...well, let's just say I was really compelled to make a furry joke. Yes, you only want money. Can you give us a more interesting motivation, please?

17. To be honest, I kind of like this song. Sure, the lyrics are repetitive and have one of the most overused rhymes in pop music (baby/maybe), but the music is lively and has a high energy and there's a pretty good guitar solo in the bridge. I'd put this under the category of "pop songs I actually enjoy."

16. Fuck YOLO. While the beat is catchy, it's also too simplistic and doesn't really go anywhere, so that's a fail for the music. As for the lyrics, Drake gives us your generic "I got hoes, money, and bitches" shtick while Lil Wayne gives us some disgusting imagery like Almost drowned in her pussy so I swam to her butt and Skeet skeet skeet: water gun (aka I'm going to jerk off on you and I will shoot cum with my penis like a water gun). Seriously, this crap was on the radio? I know sex has been a part of pop music since forever and there are songs about "getting it on" that I do like, but Lil Wayne just makes it crude and unappealing. And Drake, since when did "every" stop having a v? Enunciate, damn it!

15. Everything about this song is just wrong. It's the early 20th century, so how on Earth can there be ANY rap in this movie?!? It's loud, obnoxious, and confusing and would definitely make my top 11 list of Big Lipped Alligator Moments

14. Sigh...I remember when this song was on the radio. I never understood what that Imogen Heap lady was singing to begin with, and I think the  "tell me, tell me, whatcha say I, say I" part  is actually pretty funny. Jason Derulo gives us the same AutoTuned bullshit his "vocals" and the melody, while memorable, has a bland and over-dramatic production. Also, I always thought things ain't right, girl was "Things on Riker's". You know, like Riker's Island, the prison that's off the coast on Manhattan? Once again, be clear when you sing (or try to sing) so that people can understand what you're saying (this is probably more important in pop music than in any other genre). The lyrics...yeah, Jason's a cheating douchebag that wants his girl back. What else is new?

13. Everything you said was on point for this song, but how come you didn't mention the chorus melody was ripping off "My Darling Clementine"? (Yes, Todd in the Shadows already made that remark, but it's still true.) It just makes the song laughable and hard to take seriously. It was very nice to meet you too, Cher, now can you please make music that's actually deserving of my respect? 

Either way, this was a good list so far, and I can't wait to see what songs you'll tear apart next.

Really? NOT Want U Back?

Want U Back is a bad song, but watch that music video and hear for yourself how abysmal Swagger Jagger is.

I'll get to my thoughts on the rest of this list in due time but so far I'm agreeing with everything on here. I would give multiple likes if I wasn't having mobile problems. I like how you are even using animated movie songs that are rather shitty. While I wouldn't use them on my countdown because the movies you've pulled them from are shitty enough, I have to agree with your comments from them.

Oh and btw, am I the only one who thinks The Motto really isn't that excruciating? Yes the whole YOLO fad is obviously the reason to give this song so much hate, but it's just a generic rap song that just really has nothing going for it. It's half-assed bad, but I wouldn't say it's one of the worst things ever. :P

12. Fashion is my Kryptonite / Bella Thorne and Zendaya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBjLn981reY

This is a surpise. Hey Steel, how is a Shake it Up song worse than "Swagger Jagger?" Heck, why would you put a song like this one on here if this isn't in your age group anymore? I don't know! My point is that I listened to this at one point through Disney Channel, managing to catch my attention, and I think it's a legitimately bad song in my views.

In the music video, Bella and Zendaya open the closet to Narnia's fashion show. Discussing the song, Bella and Zendaya open it up through rapping. Yeah, I get it, it's Shake it Up. It's hip hop and dance. But what do I not like about the rapping?

Yo, yo look at me
Walkin' down the runway, like a V.I.P.
Just doin' my thing, with my girl Z
Yeah ya b-b-b-best, believe me

You can't stop looking at me, walking down the runway with me, with a V.I.P.!- Aside from the you-know-what Jagger joke, I guess I can see why they both refer to themselves as "B" and "Z." I just can't get used to how they have the first part of their initials as their slang. I at least know what they're referring to unlike the song "23" by Mike Will Made-it with the word "J's" whereas I have no idea what they were referring to until you realize it's short for "Jordan's." Whatever, moving on...

We got the moves, we talk the talk
And now we're gonna show 'em we can walk the walk!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9OWkT-IExM

So, my biggest complaint here is the title and lyrical metaphor they're going with here: "Fashion is my Kryptonite." I wouldn't bother knowing who wrote the song...and I'm not a genius, but...when it comes to being such a nerd, I'll have you know that comparing fashion to Superman's weak spot is what I would consider utterly ridiculous.

I mean, if fashion is good and Kryptonite is bad, what difference does it make!? Is Kryptonite so radioactive that fashion is a mutating side effect? Is it so lethal to Superman that fashion is just plain death? Is Kryptonite so alterizing that fashion gives you superhero abilities? I guess the third option could be true since Bella and Zendaya aren't Kryptonians and that would make 3 Doors Down Kryptonians themselves, but the metaphorical use is so complex that it doesn't make any sense to me!

When we up in the club
It's easy to see
That we got style in our veins
'Cause fashion's what we breathe

What club!? And for the record of fashion being Kryptonite, it's safe to say that radioactive mutant substances is their fresh air like fashion is. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm thinking. Overall, I see it as an example of a lyrical metaphor done the wrong way while not making much sense. In addition, some of the lyrics are not good. Being #12, this is how far is should go. Too bad I listened to "Gucci Gucci" too late and I don't know if it's worse, equal, or slightly better than "Swagger Jagger" (or "Swagger Bragger" in my own terms).

11. Like a G6 / Far East Movement feat. The Cataracs and DEV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4s6H4ku6ZY

Um...wow, before we got "Rocketeer," this is what we get? Then again, Bruno Mars did write "Rockeeter." It's come to my opinion that anything Bruno Mars is involved with can make anything go from bad/mediocre to a better result. "Rocketeer?" It does have that Bruno Mars vibe, so what would you expect? "Billionaire?" Guess who's there to make it sound better. "MIrror?" For a not bad song by Lil Wayne, Bruno makes it even better. "Lighters?" I have to admit, it's a wierd collaboration, but I find him to be the reason why I don't hate that song.

Now onto the song, the first thing to talk about is the consecutive beat that is tedious and also familiar to me, but talking about what's so familiar about it would spoil what would be next on the list. I mean, if you listen closely, it sounds like the song that is yet to be discussed on my turn-offs list.

For the lyrics...

Popping bottles in the ice, like a blizzard
When we drink we do it right gettin slizzard

What?

Sippin sizzurp in my ride, like Three 6
Now I'm feeling so fly like a G6

Sizzurp, you mean "cough syrup?" Speaking of cough syrup, it's taking me a year back where Young the Giant would use the term for their song, but the difference is that their song is not annoying and it's more understandable compared to why they would be getting down to cough syrup in their ride "like Three 6." In fact, I have no clue what a G6 is, but did I mention that the chorus just goes on, and on, AND ON?

I may have to rethink this song's position on my list, but for now, it's at the end of the Bottom 20. The song has a catch to it, but the consecutiveness and horrendous lyrics sum up why I do not like this song.

Now that I'm coming towards the Bottom 10, here's the first two songs to hint that's next on the list:

Mm ba ba de...oh yeah, wrong song...

This song is only 49 words long.

10. Ice Ice Baby / Vanilla Ice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rog8ou-ZepE

It should be about time I get myself known to Vanilla Ice's music, watching the NC's review of Cool as Ice, Wumbo's thoughts on this song and Justin Bieber having been compared to the guy.

At the start of the 90's era, Vanilla Ice surfaced in the music industry and became better known for his song "Ice Ice Baby." Is it good? Not to me. It sounds biased critcizing this song 'cause I can not handle the fact that Vanilla Ice samped Queen and David Bowie's "Under Pressure" for the beat, of all songs. I think this song is just Under Pressure, but with a looped beat, minus Queen and David Bowie themselves and given a rap solo. I don't know why Under Pressure is sampled but I can notice that Freddie Mercury was alive at the time.

All right stop, Collaborate and listen
Ice is back with my brand new invention

Ice is back? But isn't this like, your first track from your first album? Whatever, I'm going with the flow...

The girlies on standby, Waving just to say, "Hi!"
Did you stop? No – I just drove by

Well, good for you. At least you said hi...Okay, so I guess I may have oversaturated this song on the list, but let's see what else Ice has to share for his lyrics. Here's a some examples I'm not fond of:

Take heed, 'cause I'm a lyrical poet-

'Cause my style's like a chemical spill-

If my rhyme was a drug, I'd sell it by the gram-

I better wrap this up. This seems like a bad rap song. Most of the lyrics have creative input, but what bothers me is that it was just...painful hearing Vanilla Ice rapping over the beat of Under Pressure with some awful rhymes and hearing that creepy "Ice Ice Baby" whispering. For me, it was rather painful to listen to. Yeah I know, I guess IIB's placement is kinda biased, but this is my opinion.

9. Feel so Close / Calvin Harris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGghkjpNCQ8

Here's another Calvin Harris song to spark interest. This time though, for someone who's mainly the DJ, he's also the one who's doing the singing for this. How does he do? He does a good job, but there's a problem...

How does the song go?

I feel so close to you right now

It's a force field

I wear my heart upon my sleeve

like a big deal

Your love pours down on me

surrounds me like a waterfall

And there's no stopping us right now

I feel so close to you right now

AND....that's it. That's the song. Then we get the dance beat, the lyrics are repeated again but with a slightly different pitch, and then the same dance beat comes back again and lastly, the last two lines repeated.

You can tell by the consecutiveness on why I'm not liking this song. It's not really worth calling it "lazy," because it really isn't. I'm sorry but, sure the lyrics are good, but I'm listening to the same thing that it's just bound to get tedious!

Overall, I do not like Feel so Close as the song doesn't really change much and it would get old after a while. Short review, but there's a reason why it's so short.

Next two things on my countdown:

Another 90's song like Ice Ice Baby. It got more noteriety through a certain movie franchise.

A Black Eyed Peas song.