• Advertisement

Steel's 20 Musical Song Turn-offs

101 Dalmatian Street

8. I Like to Move it / Reel 2 Real / Will.I.Am

Whichever version takes the cake, the choice is yours. Plus, Crazy Frog did this as well. Like, what artist am I supposed to look into? This is the one hit song from the 90's that eventually resurfaced to become a much bigger hit when it was covered in Madagascar and then done by Will.I.Am. When it comes to the original and the Madagascar version, the song out of the movie seems to be more popular. To that day, it would be the bane of Madagascar's existence. And to the bane of my annoyance.

The resurrection of its success comes from my generation where it was common for me to see people singing to this for a while and that I was starting to believe that this song is what makes the Madagascar series more notable...besides the *cough* Circus Afro gig *cough*

The reason for why I ranked this song on here stems from the fact that it's grown out on me and that I think it's not that good of a song looking back. I'm in the "It's popular so it sucks" category when I've gotten a disliking from this song, but it's not just like that. I'm mostly reviewing the original, the Reel 2 Real deal.

I like to move it, move it
You like to move it

And it goes on for three more verses, verses. Here's something different though, I'm reviewing reggae here, a genre that I have little to no knowledge about.

All girls all over the world
Original Mad Stuntman pon you case man

It's sad considering how big Reel 2 Real's Wikipedia page is compared to Mad Stuntman's, not that it's a problem. Speaking of Mad Stuntman, he's doing this song too.

Woman physically fit, physically fit
Physically, physically, physically fit
Woman physically fit, physically fit
Physically, physically, physically fit

Did I mention the fact that the lyrics are usually repeated? It's reggae and all, but it's something that bothers me. Yet again, it comes over to some other pairs of lyrics after the second chorus.

Oh yeah, to change the subject, remember when I said the beat to "Like a G6" sounded familiar? I'm probably the only one, but listening closely, I can feel like I'm hearing the beat from this exact song. Why do I not like this song? It was growing out on me, I've been hearing it most of the time during childhood, I do not get the glory and it is guilty of uses of repetition. I wouldn't go around hating it because it's a song to have fun to, but this is a matter of my opinion. Sorry if you're an apparent fan of this song.

7. Boom Boom Pow / Black Eyed Peas

Here's a Black Eyed Peas I'm not fond of. Is it "The Time?" No. Is it "Imma Be?" No. Is it at least "My Humps?" Admittedly, I listened to that one too late, but the answer is still no. It's Boom Boom Pow.

My first thoughts about this: what did I just listen to?

I got the that rock and roll
That future flow

That digital spit
Next level visual shit

Rock and roll? Isn't this electronic hip hop? From what I see, the lyrics are looking rancid, most of them are just bad like those I listed above.

I like that boom boom pow
Them chicken jackin' my style
They try to copy my swagger
I'm on that next shit now
I'm so three thousand and eight
You so two thousand and late

I think I'm having a field day with this verse. Them chicken jackin' my style, what? They try to copy my swagger? I guess that apparently clears up the second line I've been deluded about? I'm so three thousand eight, you so two thousand and late: Three thousand is a long way ahead and I'm sure we'll all be dead before that. With all seriousness, those two lines just sound ridiculous and I don't know how I'm going to criticize that.

They also seem to use the s-word often during the song. However, I find the context of "boom boom" in some of the lyrics to be ridiculous as well, but I know it's meant to play like that.

This is an example of a 'song I fail to understand because I don't have the time to understand.' I don't know if this is intentional or not. From what I think, the lyrics are bad, the use of "boom boom" is annoying and wreaks of autotune. Special mention goes to Fergie's screeching second verse.

Coming up on my countdown...

I'll be doing one song for the next part of the countdown before going back to 2 in one post again.

The next one is a Selena Gomez song. Sadly, it's not "Come and Get it."

6. Naturally / Selena Gomez & the Scene

Here's a little breather. It's not Selena Gomez, no, no. It's Selena Gomez AND the Scene. It's also another song on the list apart from my age group, BUT at the time I would consider this one of my least favorite songs, I was in that age group.

I can understand the energy behind this. Problem is, I got really, really, REALLY fed up with listening to this song all the time. It's not because I watch Disney Channel for shiiiiiins....I just don't basically care for primetime crap and I don't really care what I watch. I don't usually watch TV nowadays, it's not that I watch it, I would keep it turned on more-so. I'm weird.

I don't like this song for a personal reason: I've been listening to this for months and I got really tired of it! Review's over.

You're asking yourselves, do the lyrics do any justice? I'll be the judge of that...

The lyrics aren't that bad, but based on what it's talking about, Selena gets extremely ecstatic around her boyfriend. So I believe...this song is about masturbation/lubrication. Just a thought.

This is probably the worst placement by far, I know, but like how I go through my worst Spongebob episodes, I go with the "traditional least favorite" excuse. I hated listening to this a lot and that's why it's on my list.

Sorry if this came out short. Now that I'm down to the Bottom 5 bracket...

No more hints. Enjoy seeing what others make it to my list.

Lol why are you complaining about a Disney singer

I didn't say I was going to complain about Selena Gomez herself.

5. Rockstar / Nickelback

I once said there would be a Nickelback song on here. And it's presumably their worst song from the bunch. Is it that bad? Well, not as bad as the next one. But let's move onto my thoughts on "Rockstar..."

I want a brand new house

On an episode of Cribs

And a bathroom I can play baseball in

And a king size tub big enough

For ten plus me

This is what the life of a rockstar would be like. Chad must have REALLY high expectations as the song goes. This song sounds like a essay done by a child if he wants to be a rockstar by the time of reaching adulthood...only to be rewritten after he reaches that age.

This song is filled with such wants and needs like going to alcoholic bars, clubs, partying....and drugs. You know, things we would see in the lyrics now and until the end of time.

Hey hey I wanna be a rockstar

Hey hey I wanna be a rockstar

"Wait! I already am..." -Clay Aiken.

I'm gonna dress my ass with the latest fashion

Get a front door key to the Playboy mansion

Gonna date a centerfold that loves to blow my money for me

And now we're in one of the explicit scenarios of being a rockstar...yeah, I think we know what the rest of the song is going to be like minus that.

Judging the music video, we got a group of people who have bravely went through surgical vocal cord removal, having obtained Chad Kroeger's grungy voice. Or...a group of people just lip synching the song before showing Nickelback themselves at the end. Boring.

The song is filled with obligatory themes for the lyrics and really high expectations whereas looking like near to unrealistic scenarios. It's another song that can be painful to listen to.

4. Birthday Cake / Rihanna feat. Chris Brown

It sounds obligatory for this song to be placed on here. Yet, this is a bad one.

Come and put your name on it

Put your name on it

Your name

Bet you wanna put your name on it

Put your name on it

Oh yeah, I feel so thrilled to put my name on that birthday cake. Words can not be said on how bland that sounded. In fact, it gets redundant...

It's not even my birthday

But he want to lick the icing off

I know you want it in the worst way

Can't wait to blow my candles out

These are the worst metaphors I have listened to. As I should clarify, this song is about sex, isn't it? It would be too gross to try and explain this my best way possible, but is sex really gonna be compared to birthday cakes cakes cakes cakes cakes cakes cakes? As I should also note, Chris Brown is back doing music with Rihanna. Should I care? I don't think so. If the incident Chris Brown's probably only know for than his music more or less gives irony to the fact that they're both collaborating again, I'm a little disturbed. Then again, it looks like Chris has learned from that day.

He want that cake, cake,

Cake, cake, cake, cake, cake

Cake, cake, cake, cake, cake

Cake, cake, cake

I think I just covered half of the song...yep, Rihanna saying cake over and over can get annoying. Final verdict, I don't like this song for the excessive use of "cake," the awful lyrics/metaphors and a bit of a lack of catchiness.

3. We Found Love / Rihanna and Calvin Harris

And it looks like we've come to a bombshell here. We Found Love is on this list and I'd like to say that I dislike it with a passion. It's a personal least favorite of mine, it'll be a little bit hard to understand...

It all started when I was 16...in that time, We Found Love would rule #1 in the charts for 8 consecutive weeks and then 2 more. This song dominated the spot for 10 weeks. How does this affect me? Let's see...there's a good number a songs that get a TON of airplay. Some examples of mine are "Give me Everything," "Moves Like Jagger," "Good Feeling," "Move Along" for a lesser extent, and some others I can't name at the time. May I remind you guys that I've been HEARING THIS DOGGONE SONG ALMOST ALL THE TIME!?!? I haven't heard a song more times than We Found Love!

The radio I listen to on the bus, whatever the heck the station is, it's not easy to not catch this song playing. Lunch period, they would be playing some pop music...and it's not limited to We Found Love. I felt like I've been hearing this song up until the first few months of my last semester where I would then graduate and have given time whereas I will never come cross listening this song again. It's a shame, this is an example of a song I want to stop listening to.

What makes it worse is how repetitive is sounds. The repetitive techno beats, repeating "we found love in a hopeless place" and Rihanna's unvaried vocal patterns to be real precise. Hearing this song enough, that's what it started to feel like and that's how I think about those points today. Furthermore, for two instances, there's THAT beat that gets progressively louder and more off-key/higher pitched to where I find it annoying and comparing it to the Shrek scene of Fiona singing to the bird.

You know what? It's worthy to say that it stays in your head and it does. Regardless, I've grown tiresome of this song and you should all know by now why it's on my list.

2. Birthday Song / 2 Chainz feat. Kanye West

Oh god...it won't be a surprise when #1 is a rap/hip hop song. I feel like I've hated enough songs containing rap. Unfortunately, I'm not really done with these type of songs. I think It's just so bad...

When I die, bury me inside the Gucci store
When I die, bury me inside the Louis store
All I want for my birthday is a big booty hoe
All I want for my birthday is a big booty hoe

...Now we know he wouldn't rather be cremated the same way Kimberly Perry would. It's a song about your birthday and you're talking about whether or not you would "die?" The Gucci store? He's referring to something else, but I can't help referring to the song "Gucci Gucci" if you're going to talk about the "Gucci store." The Louis store? *Googles Louis store* I got nothing. Wow, I sound like a near middle aged man who just introduced himself to rap, don't I? "All I want for my birthday is a big booty hoe." Figures...

She got a big booty so I call her Big Booty

Thank you so much, Captain Obvious.

See I done have more bombs than Pakistan
Dope bomb, dro bomb, and a pill bomb

And what do you know? Metaphors based on drugs. Meh....

When I die, bury me inside the jewelry store
When I die, bury me inside the Truey store

WHICH STORE DO YOU WANT TO BE BURIED IN? If you want my suggestion, there's the old abandoned convenience store in Gravity Falls, Oregon. Unless you and Kanye actually came cross that place before and caused the death of the old couple. I'm just using my imagination and it's practically my alternate interpretation only.

Ah, Yeezy Yeezy how you doing huh?
It's my birthday, I deserve to be greedy huh?
She holding out, she ain't givin' to the needy huh?

Who wrote these lyrics, huh, Tommy Wiseau? What's Kanye doing here? For somebody I would go 'round to coining him the "King of Sampling" and being some of my not-bad rap artists, not even he could make it sound better IMO. I don't hate all rap/hip hop songs, it's gonna get hard for me to get used to...

Ya'll been together ten years, you deserve a Minaj
'Specially if you put that BMW in the garage

Sure you can rhyme Nicki Minaj with garage, but these celebrity metaphors can get out of hand.

Bad bitch contest, you in first place
You in first place, you in first place
Bad bitch contest, you in first place

So now we're in the "I Like to Move it" vibe for that one moment? Bleh. I'm crying....I couldn't take any more of this....

To me, there's a variety of things I find wrong with this song. But (like I said one time), am I going to hate on something because they're "having fun?" Not likely, but anyways, it's just really painful to listen to and I don't feel like talking about the negatives again. Plus, the music video itself is a mind screw.

Alright, I got one more song. What's gonna be #1?

yes

Touche.

Limp B's Faith #1 Calling it

Spoiler

Nope. (Because it was (the runner up to) Clappy's #1 worst song doesn't mean it's my #1 worst song. Like I said about WTML one time, it's not likely "Welcome to my Life" either.)

All right guys, are you ready for this? It has come to an end...

Because without a doubt, my #1 worst song is...

1. Rack City / Tyga

You know? It's not worth calling it rap throughout my entire thoughts on this song. And yeah, I guess you can call it over-exaggerated with the whole entrance a la "O Fortuna." Anyhow....

It seems obligatory that a song like this would be #1. So, let me tell you guys how I would go down into hating this song. For starters, it's plain annoying.

Rack, rack, city bitch, city bitch

Rack, rack, rack city bitch, city bitch, rack

Rack, rack, rack city bitch, city bitch

That bland beat, that abrasive "rack city bitch/chick" chanting, for me, it sounds particularly unpleasant. (But not in an offensive kind of way)

Rack city bitch, rack, rack city bitch

Ten ten ten twenties on ya titties bitch

Yes, she does have a really nice rack. Ugh...so how else does this song go?

I got ya grandma on my dick

Now that's just disturbing...

Throwing hunnids, hunnids

Hunnids, hunnids

Throwing hunnids, hunnids

Rack city bitch, rack, rack city bitch

Hunnids, hunnids

I guess it's time to give out my final verdict on my worst song on the list. The beat is just bland and kind of boring, it has some not-so-good lyrics, the chanting gets really annoying, it feels like a generic song that I can't really help but take seriously whether or not I should. Opinions are opinions. I guess I've misjudged Calvin Harris, I could think of others that I could consider "turn-offs," but I'm not entirely sure about the likes of Tyga, Drake, and/or even Far East Movement. It makes me wonder what Tyga's done for other artists....

Spoiler

And what would you expect from my first impressions? I've discovered this song since weeks ago. The thing is, it doesn't really need a placement on here...

And let's not forget about my (dis)honorable mentions!:

"Dirty Bass" - Far East Movement feat. Tyga, the Stereotypes, and Wendi Cakes (listened to it too late; don't know whether or not this should beat "Rack City" as my worst song)

"Gucci Gucci" - Kreayshawn (same as above)

"Good Feeling" - Flo Rida

"American Idiot" The second Johnny Test theme song

"Say" - John Mayer

"We Can't Stop" - Miley Cyrus

And that's my Bottom 20 worst songs. Feel free to comment on whether it sucked or if it was fairly good and I will move on with other stuff in mind.