• Advertisement

SpongeBob in theme parks

box

So, uh.. yes! Not sure where this fit, but, eh, here we discuss our favorite yellow kitchen utensil and his involvement in the amusement park industry.

Jimmy_Neutron%27s_Nicktoon_Blast.jpg

Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast

Location - Universal Studios (defunct)

Not actually a SpongeBob ride - but a ride in the vein of the Back To The Future ride or The Simpsons Ride, and that sort of stuff. Because Jimmy Neutron is dead as flip phones, this was replaced not too long ago with Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem if my sources are correct. Even if they aren't, you can't ride this ride anymore.

580px-SpongeBob_4D_-_Ride.jpg

SpongeBob SquarePants 4D - The Ride

Location - Multiple

Oh-ho-ho boy, this ride is EVERYWHERE, and I mean EVERYWHERE. A 3D Motion Simulator, guests rock along with the movie playing - Story? SpongeBob attempts to get a pickle from Patrick, who turns out to be one of Plankton's multiple robots he programmed out of his bum in community college. It is defunct in quite a few places, but I believe it's still open in quite a few.

SpongeBob_4D_-_The_Great_Jelly_Rescue.jp

SpongeBob SquarePants 4D - The Great Jelly Rescue!

Location - Multiple (?)

This one there's not too much information about, but it is an updated sequel to the original SB 4D. It seems a bit similar to SpongeBob's Last Stand - SpongeBob, Patrick, and interestingly Sandy attempt to rescue the jellyfish of Jellyfish Fields from Plankton. There isn't a whole lot of info on this one yet, but it came out back in June and apparently this is an image of it -

The_Great_Jelly_Rescue_-_Trailer.jpg

It's like.. Battle For Bikini Bottom on the next-gen consoles. 

364px-Rock_Bootom_Plunge_2.jpg

SpongeBob SquarePants - Rock Bottom PLUNGE

Location - Mall Of America

SpongeBob breaks out of the wussy world of motion sims and into the exciting world of roller-coasters. Apparently, it's a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter and the shortest of them all. Also that guy from Cake Wars rode it. Or something like that.

Also there are some SpongeBob escapades in Britain!

SpongeBob_SplashBash10.jpg

SpongeBob's Splash Bash

Location - Nickelodeon Land, Blackpool Pleasure Beach 

Some sort of spinning ride where you can use coral jets to spray innocent bystanders. A nice way to wash off your friend's chili dog stains.

krusty.jpg

The Krusty Krab Order Up

Location - Nickelodeon Land, Blackpool Pleasure Beach 

This one is interesting - it's a Launched Freefall as I predicted. You shoot out of the Krusty Krab's roof and fall back down. Kind of clever, actually, I wish Splash Bash was themed a little better.

There have been other Nickelodeon lands and more SpongeBob attractions, like that shop at Universal Orlando and that jazz. So, you get the jig - discuss SB's amusement park festivities and that stuff here.

• Like 3

I live only 60 miles away from the Mall of America and I ride that roller coaster every time I go there. There are some other amazing rides too, there. Woo-woo.

Makes me living near Rochester, NY even more cursed, eh? :smirk::

Actually I've never been on any of these, but I've watched the older motion rides online. The roller coaster is cool. Usually I'm not find of them but I would probably make an exception for SpongeBob. :P I really hope my city gets another 4D SB ride. We had/have one at the zoo, but sadly I didn't get to go on it. The KK Order Up sounds like a blast.

I've been on the original 4D ride twice, and it was a lot tamer when I thought. But you get poked at one point.

You forgot about Bikini Bottom Bus Tour at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, FYI.

Too bad I live in the West where all we have is Disneyland, Sea World, Lego Land, and Medival Times.

At least you don't live in Northern Virginia where the closest thing you have is Kings Dominion (awesome park actually, just never should have gotten purchased by Cedar Fair from Paramount otherwise we still would have had the SpongeBob 4-D ride....)  :pinch: